SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 57 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 57 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:17 pm

tigertiz wrote:I remember that we were discussing  the contract  here a number of weeks ago.  I believe that the producers have the right to film and air a wedding if it takes place within two years. (I dont know when that clock starts running though.)   It's not up to the couple to choose to have it filmed or not.  And it's not up to the couple to decided whether it airs on tv.  The producers control it.

IMO that's correct. I believe that the 2 year clock starts running based the air date of the finale - so in this case it would be Mar 6, 2018. The contract links here point to Trista's contract which did not have the marriage clause in it and AFAIK there's no "public / online" contract that does have the marriage clause in it.

If they think they could get the ratings they want - they will film and air it.  I dont know who would pay for the wedding. I dont recall that the contract said anything about that.    I do remember that the couple would be paid $10,000 .   They made their mistake with Trista and Ryan and the one million dollars and then they got smart and dropped it to $10,000.  Perhaps some couples would choose to wait the 2 years so as to maintain their privacy.  But it's kind of a long time to wait, unless you feel you want that time. Or unless you have stayed popular enough that you could negotiate for a better deal......

IMO 2 years doesn't really grant a couple privacy - it just means that there is no longer an exclusive right but rather a first right / last refusal that the show has which can have a similar end result, though maybe through some negotiation a batter "deal" - especially if there was another party that wanted the rights.

I think ABC paid for Ashley and JP's wedding and for Jason and Molly's wedding.  Maybe they would not want to film and air a simple 15 minute wedding. That would certainly be one way to get them to pay more!  "We're getting married at city hall unless you pay for it.

IMO the show can't stop them from getting married when / where or how they want to - that's entirely up to the couple. The room for negotiation the couple has is "It's going to be at city hall with our parents and immediate family only invited. Be there cameras in hand or not - we don't care. If you want more then you have to pay for it and if we like your deal enough we'll pass on the city hall plan."

eta: I have searched here for the contract that was linked in the forum but I cant find it.  

link

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 57 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:22 pm

If anyone has read Amy Kaufman’s book she talks a lot about the contract and she got her hands on a very recent one.

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 57 87b72b10 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 57 86669110 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 57 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:27 pm

A business contract? How in the world is this a business opportunity for Arie? It's not like Lauren is anyone that is well known. He is plenty busy with his racing and I would imagine by his numbers, his real estate career, has stayed out of BN after he didn't get TB the first time. SCMIIW I don't recall him ever being in your face about being the next lead after Sean got it.

I'm not sure what business opportunity he would be looking for when he is established and has never looked for anything BN related before.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:29 pm

umngirl wrote:If anyone has read Amy Kaufman’s book she talks a lot about the contract and she got her hands on a very recent one.

I'm reading it now (Kindle version) but haven't yet come to where she talks about the contract. I'm hoping that she has a footnote / link to the full version or something more than just a few quotes from it.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:52 pm

sosleepy wrote:So my big Q ... for the people that believe in them and like them... why? Like seriously, why? I’m just at a loss and wouldn’t mind reading someone’s perspective. I just don’t see it.

It seems Arie knew very early on that he made a mistake. The decisions that came after that aren't normal life. You don't normally call producers, consider PR/public ridicule and 5M contracts when breaking up with someone. It was a messy break-up, but I can overlook it because of that pressure cooker of weird circumstances. How many leads have faked it through ATFR to avoid the heat he's getting?

Personally, I think he got into this predicament because he didn't want to let TPTB down or his family. It's why he proposed and it's why he picked the wrong girl imo. His most honest, raw comment was when he said he felt shame for all this. I really felt for him in that moment just like I did when Emily handed back his journal unread, so it leaves me hoping things work out for him.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:09 pm

@grace8136 your post is exactly what I think, too.  Thank you for expressing it so well.  Smiley
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I don’t think Arie feels shame about anything imo. I think Arie likes screwing around with women’s feelings and enjoys the process and doesn’t mind at all. It’s all a game to him imo. He might feel more for Lauren because he got her through high stakes and she satisfies some wifey qualities for him but I will be interested in seeing how long it’ll be before he gets bored of her. All imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Alanna wrote:Yeah idk why but these people never get married, even if they seem happy and stay together for awhile laugh out loud I doubt L&A will be any different.

I don't know...I feel like these peeps with two broken engagements between them, an epic love story that has endured for an entire 56 days, and a love so pure and strong that conversations aren't even necessary are really going to be the couple to break that Bachelor curse. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Macswife8 Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:41 pm

This is off subject, but I'm just curious, does anyone happen to know what the number tattoo on Arie's right wrist stands for. Thanks - I appreciate it.
Macswife8
Macswife8

Female Posts : 806

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:03 pm

It’s 24601, the prison code of Jean Valjean in Victor Hugo’s novel, Les Miserables.  

Arie has said he’s a fan of the character and the musical.  He’s had it for at least 8-9 years, maybe more.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:11 pm

@alwaystulips I was thinking Arie got that tattoo during filming of Em's season after the guys saw the play together. Do I have that wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Oh, you may be right!  I had totally forgotten they saw it.  Was that in London?
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass