SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by sdmom Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:34 pm

BKay wrote:Or D) tptb won't let her cut him - they aren't finished with his storyline yet. just a thought

Or E) RS got his info wrong or blew it out of proportion!
Maybe after Colton and Tia met, they decided they were better suited as friends? Who knows? question

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by KB_Mom Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:38 pm

JMO but I do think TPTB made Becca keep Colton for :drama

I'd suspect the 1 on 1 with Colton was a set up for her to confront him, and maybe she'd see through his smooth talking BS, but that doesn't really fit the 1 on 1 concert date where they are supposed to dance and make out for the crowd.

All JMO

Last edited by KB_Mom on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamanda Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:41 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if producers already knew about the situation from Raven & Adam. Especially from Raven she seems close to producers and then they put him on the group date with Tia on purpose to stir up the drama. It is weird to me that Caroline followed him on IG after that group date? I also don't think if Tia was The Bachelorette and Colton came out of the limo they could pretend they haven’t been intimate. She would have to be honest about it and Colton would instantly be disliked in the house like Nick was on Kaitlyn’s season.
I also didn’t know that producers can make you keep someone around. I thought it was encouraged but they can’t force you. I was thinking the theory producers encouraged Becca to keep Colton around for drama purposes until I saw he wasn’t on the 2 on 1 with Jordan. So I don’t think he’s being kept around for that any more IMO there has to be another reason. If he was early season drama they don’t need him any more. Seems like Chris R. and Lincoln are providing the drama now.

itsamanda

Female Posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:54 pm

BKay wrote:Or D) tptb won't let her cut him - they aren't finished with his storyline yet. just a thought
This is my vote. He was brought on the show intentionally and just approached the wrong person first. JMO He is there for his brand. Same as Jordan and probably a few others.
ETA I have forgotten what ex-producer just did an interview, but the statement he made I did not forget:
Since 2005, production cast cast to be cast.
That says a lot.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Yep, I think it’s about branding, too.  At this point, he’s likely a shoe in for next lead, especially since he’s been able to keep his SM accounts.  If that’s him on the debate video, he is indeed a smooth talker.

TPTB can’t force Becca to pick Colton, but they sure can make her keep him long enough, F4 or F3, to build his storyline.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamanda Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Okay maybe y’all are right and producers are making Becca keep Colton around. But doesn’t it make sense to me why they need him longer if he already provided early season drama.
Becca is strong and smart but she fell for Arie who has a bad reputation after things came out about him once he was cast as the lead. Wouldn’t shock me if she’s believing things Colton is telling her as of right now if he’s a smooth talker and she sees the best in people.

itsamanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:14 pm

JMO: Colton and others are being considered for the next TB(2018). Usually those considered for the next lead stick around to F2-6. That's why he is sticking around. 
Production is starting to plan for TB 2018 now.
 Becca does not have anything to do with that, other than assisting in starting that potential storyline as a springboard. 
No matter how good or smart a lead is or is not, production is well aware of how to best manipulate that lead to do as they wish. JMO

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamanda Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Okay that makes sense but I don’t think the audience will want him as TB after the Tia situation but they could be keeping him to see the reaction to him and if it changes. As of right now, I don’t want him as TB. They need to pick better leads for TB. Someone who is genuine and sincere.

Last edited by itsamanda on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

itsamanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Genuine and sincere are seldom 2 words I personally associate with TB. JMO

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm in the camp that feels TPTB hand picked this dude. I'm guessing they signed him up to be cast before the "Ette" was decided upon. I can easily believe he was high on their next lead wish list. Now what to do with him? Gotta give it to Raven as she got this party started all on her on. laugh out loud

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:38 pm

He might genuinely and sincerely want to increase his brand. IMO, the successful couples on this show happen by luck, you can want fame and still fall in love. IMO.

The only bachelor married to his F1 went on to schill and do some crappy reality couples shows, but are still married and about to have baby number two. 

For me, I am less offended by the fame seekers now that it seems like the majority attempt to become influencers. IMO, if society didn’t let them seek fame, I might care more, but society as a whole clicks on their ads, uses their codes, and watches these shows. IMO, I have grown to appreciate when the contestant is at least honest that they want to build their brand/influence. 

All JMO.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by 1funnyfish Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:38 pm

The guy clearly wants to be famous. Couldn't make it in the NFL, dates famous gymnast Aly Raisman, and now goes on a popular reality show? It's obvious he wants the social media followers so he can make a living again.

Certainly wouldn't want him as the Bachelor. I'm really more into Bachelors like Sean and Ben H who clearly came to the Bachelorette not even anticipating falling in love let alone thinking about being the Bachelor. I want the Bach to be a fan favorite - I don't think he'll be well-liked after this Tia debacle, but then again TPTB chose Arie and Nick so who knows anymore. **All My Opinions**

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : opinion versus facts)

1funnyfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+59
Billysmom
notarose
nananana
Teamee
kerriway