SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Amberish Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Aria wrote:
rosefever wrote:
Aria wrote:And, I can't stand reality TV stars who have trouble taking pictures with fans or generally being rude to them.
IMO, the only one being extremely rude, as a matter of fact, is Britt Robertson. Extremely unprofessional what she's doing in the interview, and IMO it's part of the general trend where people think they can call Arie names and attack his character just because they believe they can get away with it.

All just my opinion of course, but apparently (online) bullying is a national sport now. Bullying is systematic on the Bachelor in the past couple of seasons as well, so I guess the show attracts people who enjoy watching people get bullied (by mean girls), as well as people who enjoy people that fight back against bullies (villains).

I think Krystal getting called a "sociopath" was an all-time low. JMO.

So, when Arie was doing it to Chris, it was okay? Because Arie went after Chris on at least three different occasions that I can think of, even though Chris never did anything to Arie. Just because they chose Chris over him. Can you imagine Caila doing that to Jojo? People would have destroyed her, but Arie got away with it each time and now has the audacity  to insist that he is deserving of understanding. And he didn't stop there. He's now gone after Bekah, Caroline, Krystal, and I'm sure he'll keep going! IMO.

I think that "bullying" has become a buzz word and people just throw it around when someone expresses any mild criticism. Bullying is defined as "the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others; the behavior is often repeated and habitual.". Britt wasn't bullying him. She was calling him a jerk who thinks he's much more famous and important than he really is. Arie wasn't abused, intimidated, fearful, or put in emotionally pain by her words. She had a bad experience with him and she shared it. Simple as that. Nothing unprofessional about it, since she doesn't work with Arie and is recounting a personal experience, as the interviewer had asked her. IMO.

Interesting. I don't recall Arie going after Chris on at least three different occasions. Specifically when?
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:41 pm

@FLChica Damn that escalated laugh out loud. Sorry for bringing over the link. hmmm

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:42 pm

He Sprite wrote:
FLChica wrote:
bleuberry wrote:@sosleepy http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2014/08/arie-how-a-cracker-barrel-waitress-and-a-baptist-mechanic-opened-my-heart/

laugh out loud
This post on Seanie's blog was from August 2014 - yep, four years ago. This is the blog that Seanie has to keep himself relevant IMO and he evidently invited his "good friend Arie" who appeared with him on The Bachelorette to post. 

Never one to bite the hand that has fed them for over 6 years now, Seanie was only too happy IMO to appear on Arie's season of The Bachelor, with his two best assets - Cat and Samuel. 

Hopefully Arie and Lauren don't take Seanie's advice and appear on Dancing With the Stars, Celebrity Family Feud, Celebrity Wife Swap, Marriage Boot Camp, Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Worst Cooks in America. Hopefully, Arie and Lauren won't agree to televise their wedding like the Lowes, complete with tacky boudoir photo sessions, a grown-sexy theme and and a consummation countdown clock. Arie can afford to bite the hand that momentarily fed him and support his queen without all that mess IMO.

Well since Arie has already done Who Wants to be a Millionaire and has stated that he is open to a TV wedding I wouldn't necessarily count on that.

Also Arie has a rich daddy with lots of connections, so IMO it is much easier for him to thumb his nose at others.
When he was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire wasn't that for charity?  Or did Arie get to keep the money he won ? Just curious...
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:47 pm

whit90 wrote:
He Sprite wrote:
FLChica wrote:
This post on Seanie's blog was from August 2014 - yep, four years ago. This is the blog that Seanie has to keep himself relevant IMO and he evidently invited his "good friend Arie" who appeared with him on The Bachelorette to post. 

Never one to bite the hand that has fed them for over 6 years now, Seanie was only too happy IMO to appear on Arie's season of The Bachelor, with his two best assets - Cat and Samuel. 

Hopefully Arie and Lauren don't take Seanie's advice and appear on Dancing With the Stars, Celebrity Family Feud, Celebrity Wife Swap, Marriage Boot Camp, Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Worst Cooks in America. Hopefully, Arie and Lauren won't agree to televise their wedding like the Lowes, complete with tacky boudoir photo sessions, a grown-sexy theme and and a consummation countdown clock. Arie can afford to bite the hand that momentarily fed him and support his queen without all that mess IMO.

Well since Arie has already done Who Wants to be a Millionaire and has stated that he is open to a TV wedding I wouldn't necessarily count on that.

Also Arie has a rich daddy with lots of connections, so IMO it is much easier for him to thumb his nose at others.
When he was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire wasn't that for charity?  Or did Arie get to keep the money he won ? Just curious...

For charity. Just like every other Bachelor contestant who has been on. Same with Sean’s appearances on Worst Cooks and Celebrity Family Feud. All charity based.

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 87b72b10 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 86669110 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:47 pm

bleuberry wrote:@sosleepy http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2014/08/arie-how-a-cracker-barrel-waitress-and-a-baptist-mechanic-opened-my-heart/

laugh out loud

Pandering? Seriously?
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Amberish wrote:
Aria wrote:
rosefever wrote:
IMO, the only one being extremely rude, as a matter of fact, is Britt Robertson. Extremely unprofessional what she's doing in the interview, and IMO it's part of the general trend where people think they can call Arie names and attack his character just because they believe they can get away with it.

All just my opinion of course, but apparently (online) bullying is a national sport now. Bullying is systematic on the Bachelor in the past couple of seasons as well, so I guess the show attracts people who enjoy watching people get bullied (by mean girls), as well as people who enjoy people that fight back against bullies (villains).

I think Krystal getting called a "sociopath" was an all-time low. JMO.

So, when Arie was doing it to Chris, it was okay? Because Arie went after Chris on at least three different occasions that I can think of, even though Chris never did anything to Arie. Just because they chose Chris over him. Can you imagine Caila doing that to Jojo? People would have destroyed her, but Arie got away with it each time and now has the audacity  to insist that he is deserving of understanding. And he didn't stop there. He's now gone after Bekah, Caroline, Krystal, and I'm sure he'll keep going! IMO.

I think that "bullying" has become a buzz word and people just throw it around when someone expresses any mild criticism. Bullying is defined as "the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others; the behavior is often repeated and habitual.". Britt wasn't bullying him. She was calling him a jerk who thinks he's much more famous and important than he really is. Arie wasn't abused, intimidated, fearful, or put in emotionally pain by her words. She had a bad experience with him and she shared it. Simple as that. Nothing unprofessional about it, since she doesn't work with Arie and is recounting a personal experience, as the interviewer had asked her. IMO.

Interesting. I don't recall Arie going after Chris on at least three different occasions. Specifically when?
1. When Chris got the Bachelor gig over him
2. When Chris and Whitney broke up
3. When Chris was arrested

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 87b72b10 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 86669110 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:53 pm

Amberish wrote:

laugh out loud

Pandering? Seriously?
I guess the timing could just be coincidental even though AFAIK he's not expressed any public interest in Christianity before or after that.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Amberish wrote:

laugh out loud

Pandering? Seriously?

Pandering to Sean's audience and fanbase, yes. Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 2498057887

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 pm

umngirl wrote:
whit90 wrote:
He Sprite wrote:

For charity. Just like every other Bachelor contestant who has been on. Same with Sean’s appearances on Worst Cooks and Celebrity Family Feud. All charity based.
Thanks !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:13 pm

bleuberry wrote:@FLChica Damn that escalated laugh out loud. Sorry for bringing over the link. hmmm
No big deal to me. Just clarifying that the post on Seanie's blog was from four years ago for those that may not want to click on the link.There was plenty of happy talk about SeanCat's appearance on Arie's show, but that was before some viewers took issue with Arie's swictheroo. Seems reasonable that Seanie gave Arie advice on all the shilling opportunities he's taken advantage of during the last six years, IMO. Because I don't follow any of them on SM, I didn't know that SeanCat were compensated for "only" 4 of the 6 reality shows they did after The Bach. Still easier than actually selling real estate or racing trucks IMO.

Seanie benefitted from Arie's enormous racing fanbase and from those that loved him on Emily's season, IMO. It's not for me to question Arie's religious journey. Perhaps Arie remembered that Cat was agnostic when she first hooked up with Seanie and felt he could benefit from that experience. no idea

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:24 pm

Arie has an 'enormous' racing fanbase? laugh out loud His fanbase is comprised mostly of Bachelor nation, and was nowhere near enormous 4 years ago. MO. JMO.

Sean didn't need Arie's 'contribution,' being a fanfave and one half of the most popular couple in the franchise. It's clear who needed who JMO.

Last edited by bleuberry on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Amberish wrote:
sosleepy wrote:

Agree. How many women need to tell us the guy is a creep before people start to believe it? Even Courtney, Arie’s biggest cheerleader to date, admits he has strung her along and burned her countless times. 

JMO

How did Arie burn Courtney? don't get that part.

Did you listen to RS’s podcast? Even Arie admitted to her that he hurt her and she’s given him more chances then he deserves. She wanted there to be more between them time and time again, and he dragged her along, burning her along the way. Most recently being when he notoriously took the Bach gig in September. Courtney says at the time, they were spending a ton of time together and she felt, they were really close to becoming a couple for real.

Of course, I did. But how did he burn her? She said what? No, she didn't.

She said he hurt her by not returning her at-the-moment affection, but it's not as if he ever led her on. Moreover, she said she's a big girl and she gets it. I hope we do, too.

Courtney even said what-her-name, that other girl he had dated last year, should have asked the right questions instead of assuming the relationship was more than it ever was. But, she is young and didn't know better.

Dating is dating.

Insofar as Arie and Becca, it appears that he is saying from the get-go he recognized he made a mistake --- by proposing to anyone given his state of confusion. His words. And now we know Becca is so broken that she's unable to travel the world in search of her own love story --- oh, wait a minute --- she is so must not be so broken up.

(In retrospect, had Melissa Rycroft not had her long-term love waiting in the wings after Jason, I expect she, too, might have done as Becca is.)

We know from every successful Bachelor show couple that it is only AFTER the season ends and the excitement fades do the couples actually fall in love. Sean and Cat, too!

Again, I'm hopeful for an Arie and Lauren bachelor wedding. Not an extravagant miniseries like Jason's, but something similar to Sean and Cat's. Perhaps in September? Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 13 4256136633
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727