SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LiArs - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by sosleepy Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:34 am

I agree it comes down to Arie cuckholding this guy, and that’s the primary reason this neighbor has the huge beef. Another reason to completely dislike Arie. Who does that? A$$holes do that, that’s who. 

Arie showed us who he was (on screen) 5 years ago when he actively tried to win back his BFF’s fiancé. He just DGAF about anyone else other than himself. As evidenced about a million other times that I won’t get into, but most recently by also parking in a handicapped stall.

JMO
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

LiArs - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:39 am

IMO there's so much more to the story than just Arie interfering with a relationship and getting it on with the neighbor's girl, though that is a huge part of it.  It goes towards Arie's history and patterns with women.  It continues to show IMO he seems to think of them more as underwear - interchangeable and disposable, than human beings with feelings.

I for one certainly don't consider Arie a nerd.  So I don't see him being nerd-bullied.  

While the neighbor has certainly done wrong, Arie's just as much at fault, IMO.  Neither is blameless here nor does his going public with the info excuse Arie's part in it all, again IMO.

IMO, Arie's being tone deaf is directly related to his being so self absorbed. He does what he wants, when he wants regardless of who it hurts or the consequences, again IMO.

JMOAA

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:39 am

I do not advocate infidelity etc, but it's done a lot unfortunately. Women are unfaithful. Men are unfaithful. Like I said, I do not support or advocate this behavior, but it's pretty common throughout history and our present. There are a lot of azzholes out there.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:05 pm

sosleepy wrote:
I have never considered Arie a nerd.  He’s popular, charismatic, in a cool racing profession, into cars, friendly, articulate, good with women, clearly can have sex any time he wants. He’s also not particularly intelligent (his words, barely completing high school and having no higher education). Arie is a lot of things. He’s definitely NOT a nerd. JMO
The defining characteristic IMO is being tone-deaf when it comes to popular opinion. Personally I don't think he really cares what the majority thinks, which angers people even more. He marches to the beat of his own drum. There's not really a clear term for people like Arie, like Asperger's it's a distinct personality type that has some kind of genetic basis.

Sean Lowe who knows Arie quite well stated the following.

Arie has got a great personality. He’s kind of quirky. He knows he’s nerdy, which I think is endearing. He definitely doesn’t play the cool guy part. He knows who he is and doesn’t put on any fronts. He’s just a nerdy race car driver.

Source: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/sean-lowe-why-arie-luyendyk-jr-will-be-the-perfect-bachelor-w507327

Anyways, obviously Arie is different, and most people don't like those who are different, so he'll just have to be confident in who he is and ignore the hate. Like people who are disliked for the color of their skin or their sexual preference, Arie will just have to shake it off and stand above it. All IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:10 pm

rosefever wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
I have never considered Arie a nerd.  He’s popular, charismatic, in a cool racing profession, into cars, friendly, articulate, good with women, clearly can have sex any time he wants. He’s also not particularly intelligent (his words, barely completing high school and having no higher education). Arie is a lot of things. He’s definitely NOT a nerd. JMO
The defining characteristic IMO is being tone-deaf when it comes to popular opinion. Personally I don't think he really cares what the majority thinks, which angers people even more. He marches to the beat of his own drum. There's not really a clear term for people like Arie, like Asperger's it's a distinct personality type that has some kind of genetic basis.

Sean Lowe who knows Arie quite well stated the following.

Arie has got a great personality. He’s kind of quirky. He knows he’s nerdy, which I think is endearing. He definitely doesn’t play the cool guy part. He knows who he is and doesn’t put on any fronts. He’s just a nerdy race car driver.

Source: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/sean-lowe-why-arie-luyendyk-jr-will-be-the-perfect-bachelor-w507327

Anyways, obviously Arie is different, and most people don't like those who are different, so he'll just have to be confident in who he is and ignore the hate. Like people who are disliked for the color of their skin or their sexual preference, Arie will just have to shake it off and stand above it. All IMO.

Hopefully Arie can also shake off using degrading slurs against said people of different sexual orientation.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikesgirl83 Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:10 pm

IMO they are both immature douches but that seems to be par for the course for guys from Scottsdale (and girls too) speaking as an Arizonian, so absolutely nothing about any of this shocks me. When someone tells me they're from Scottsdale I pretty much know what to expect, I'm probably generalizing and they're are probably some lovely people that live there but I've never met them laugh out loud

Mikesgirl83

Female Posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 pm

I’m sorry. Arie may be different in that he’s confident enough to be quirky and do silly things like wear sombreros. That does not a nerd make. It just means he’s been raised in a world where things go his way, he’s confident as hell, and he does his own thing. He’s privileged. I’ve known a million f*ckboi frat boys who would do stupid things like where sombreros just cause. That does not a nerd make.

Sean is your average football loving, meat eating, Texas guy. He’s going to describe anyone that doesn’t fit that exact mold as a nerd. Arie is definitely not a nerd. JMO 

Really flummoxed at the belief here that the handicapped parking, homophobic slur giver, and guy who cuckholds other men is the one being persecuted here. Just... give me a break. laugh out loud I don’t buy that. JMO
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Can we also discuss how weird it was that Arie (allegedly, per the reddit post) sent his drunk girlfriend over to the neighbor's house to ask for ice? And also, the neighbor leaving a note on Arie's girlfriend or rather, not-girlfriend, just-a-girl-who-didn't-clarify-her-relationship's car -- (again, per the reddit post)?

Since this has been going on for years, I want to hear from other neighbors in this condo complex about both these wack-adoodles. I bet they have some awesome stories to tell.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:27 pm

bluwavz wrote:So would Arie calling Ross a f*cking nerd be a case of nerd-bullying? Just curious. laugh out loud laugh out loud
You mean Ross calling Arie a f*cking nerd?

There’s no renewal in the cards here, and Ross’ bid fails. He refers to Arie, the actual Bachelor in The Bachelor, as a “f*cking nerd” on his way off the show.

Source: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/2/27/17058444/bachelor-season-22-ross-becca-boyfriend-ex

I think it just goes to prove my point that some people are hostile toward nerds. If Arie was black and Ross would have called him a f*cking n***** people would more readily see the ugliness of the comment. Of course marginalizing racism is a component of racism itself. The same for bullying, people who bully marginalize it, instead they are genuinely justified in criticizing someone, over the most marginal of things with as many people as possible, while using terms like a**hole as a term of endearment for their victim. All IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:35 pm

I'm sorry, but my not being fond of Arie has nothing to do with him being a nerd, different or anything else.  Normally with this show, being different is more of a reason for me to like someone, than dislike them.   It's his own attitude and actions that I have issue with or dislike.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikesgirl83 Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:43 pm

If you watch the clip, it's clearly Arie calling Ross a bleeping nerd, not the other way around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdCWQaAdFIw

Mikesgirl83

Female Posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:46 pm

rosefever wrote:
bluwavz wrote:So would Arie calling Ross a f*cking nerd be a case of nerd-bullying? Just curious. laugh out loud laugh out loud
You mean Ross calling Arie a f*cking nerd?

There’s no renewal in the cards here, and Ross’ bid fails. He refers to Arie, the actual Bachelor in The Bachelor, as a “f*cking nerd” on his way off the show.

Source: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/2/27/17058444/bachelor-season-22-ross-becca-boyfriend-ex

I think it just goes to prove my point that some people are hostile toward nerds. If Arie was black and Ross would have called him a f*cking n***** people would more readily see the ugliness of the comment. Of course marginalizing racism is a component of racism itself. The same for bullying, people who bully marginalize it, instead they are genuinely justified in criticizing someone, over the most marginal of things with as many people as possible, while using terms like a**hole as a term of endearment for their victim. All IMO.

So you must be really upset about Arie using he phrase f*g so flippantly then? 

Or parking illegally in a handicapped stall, for that matter.

Pretty offensive, if you ask me. Marginalizing those communities and all. IMO
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

+68
MommaSez
tiger
gurlbrit
chelsiega
bluwavz