SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 65 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by Mommyof2 Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Joy15 wrote:Sorry if this was posted. FWIW

LOL at mass wedding laugh out loud

Wipe them all out at once. laugh out loud.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 65 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by Imp Sun May 27, 2018 8:14 pm

I thought this article was quite insightful. Illustrates their somewhat awkward dynamic and the fact that they just can't seem to get the PR thing down. They seem like a totally normal couple that's kind of lame and awkward, but that thinks they're cool. Perfect for a lifetime of suburbian bliss, but they just don't have that relatable charm and warmth to them. And I can't help but feel bad for them! They're certainly not the type of people I would choose to have in my circles, but they seem to be a good fit and deserve to be happy. I just wish they'd stop trying so hard to make everyone like them, because it's simply not coming across. Arie really seems like a clueless and naive but overall nice guy, and Lauren is just too damn sensitive! They'd be so much better off leading a more private life. Oh well. Hope they lay low now that Becca's season is starting.
https://www.gq.com/story/the-bachelor-arie-luyendyk-jr-profile

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Imp wrote:snipped
https://www.gq.com/story/the-bachelor-arie-luyendyk-jr-profile

Thanks for posting. A lot of info which some of us suspected, but it's good to read the whole story especially this part.

But he was haunted by the thought that he'd let his soulmate slip away. On New Years' Eve, he DMed Lauren on Instagram—production wouldn't give him her phone number—and asked if they could talk. He called her the next day. "As soon as I heard her voice," he tells me, "I knew that I had to end things with Becca."

Here, according to Arie, is how the breakup with Becca actually went down:

After talking to Lauren on New Years Day, he went to the Bachelor producers with his dilemma. That's when they pitched bringing in cameras to capture the breakup. If they filmed it, they told him, they could share that story with America, make sure that Bachelor Nation fully understood that he was being respectful and just following his heart. "'Then we can show you going back to Lauren, and people are going to rally behind you because you took this big risk and you did it for love,'" according to his telling. "'At the end of the day, people will just want to see you happy.'" In his head, it really was the only plausible option.
You've got to understand, he tells me, these people were my friends. He'd just spent months with the crew. He trusted them. But now? He feels "100 percent" betrayed.

Take the breakup with Becca, billed by the show as "the first completely unedited scene in reality television history." In the excruciating 40 minutes that aired, Becca repeatedly asks Arie to leave the house where—before he dumped her—they were supposed to be having a romantic getaway. Painfully, he sticks around, even knocking on the bathroom door as she cries to ask if she's okay. "OF COURSE SHE'S NOT OKAY!" I yelled at my TV when I watched the scene unfold. "YOU JUST BROKE OFF YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!"

"It was completely edited," Arie says. "I was told to stay on that couch. I tried to leave, and then production was like, 'You need to go back inside. She's finally calming down. I feel like you owe it to her to have this conversation.' So then I went back in the house."

Really? You tried to leave and they wouldn't let you?

"Yeah. I left, came back. I stepped away from the couch, I went back to the couch." But they kept talking him into staying. "They cut out, obviously, production talking to me from 10 feet away," he says, and calling it unedited "was super unfair to me." (A spokesman for Warner Bros., which handles production for The Bachelor, declined to comment.)

At the same time he understands it's a show.

He's so trusting that I can see why he would be upset at the reporter. They entertain her for days, then she takes Lauren aside and ask her questions about what was said during the ATFR which she didn't watch. Comments from the new 'ette saying she would, unlike Lauren want an equal partnership. I'd be upset to hear that and for the reporter to even discuss it after spending all that time together. This is the downside of the F1 not watching the whole season.

Interesting editing information which we have heard season after season.

They are having a great time, they seem totally crazy about each other, and sometimes not the brightest crayon in the box, I really don't think he means any harm. They just don't come across polished IMHO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun May 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Bottom line the show(production/tptb) are not you’re friends.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun May 27, 2018 9:20 pm

It always blows my mind how trusting and naive these people are, despite already having been screwed over by the producers. For example, they filmed his intro package and told him he'd be Bachelor...then gave it to Chris. I'm positive they told him that Emily would be picking him. It's so hard to feel sorry for these people when they refuse to use a single brain cell. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun May 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Aria wrote:It always blows my mind how trusting and naive these people are, despite already having been screwed over by the producers. For example, they filmed his intro package and told him he'd be Bachelor...then gave it to Chris. I'm positive they told him that Emily would be picking him. It's so hard to feel sorry for these people when they refuse to use a single brain cell. IMO.

Over the years, I have found this to be one of the most interesting discussions.
During Andy Baldwin’s season and Matt Grant’s season quite a few cast and family members gave good insight. Call it the Stockholm syndrome, the hamburger phenomenon, whatever. Over the years so many cast say the same things: I thought they were my friends.
During Emily’s season, Cassie lambert was literally a prime player to play Judas to Arie. What happened with Emily was a real molehill turned Mt Everest. She was real time friends with Arie once upon a time.
So, I say pound of flesh. Unreal is not so off the mark. Imo

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun May 27, 2018 11:59 pm

All that interview does is reinforce to me how stupid these people are and what a princess Lauren is. She gets asked one tough question and gets all p*ssed off and then he get p*ssed because princess is p*ssed and then they do a total turn around and cancel the interview. Kind of like on the show and after...hard for them to live up to their commitments.

They are perfect together.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 28, 2018 12:03 am

All I came away from that interview with is "wow they're awful". They need to stay together though just so no one else has to be subjected to them. Ugh. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon May 28, 2018 12:11 am

I think it’s funny when people say they need to stay together so others aren’t subjected to them. As if Arie is gonna stay monogamous for the next 40+ years and won’t have a couple few chickas on the side. laugh out loud I kid, I kid. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon May 28, 2018 12:17 am

I don't know, guys, I'm going soft....but I actually thought the article made it seem like they make a good match? Like they're both awkward AF (I'm cringing that they thought a random person was Ty Dolla $ign) they find the same stupid things funny, and they both seem to simultaneously crave attention while also being overwhelmed by it. And she clearly wants a life of leisure/laziness, spending most days doing barre classes and getting her nails done, and she seems to need someone to protect her and take the lead, which he is more than happy to do (it seems like he's literally picking out the wedding dress for her). I mean, as long as she doesn't expect anything crazy like "monogamy", I think this two crazy kids might actually make it! IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Mon May 28, 2018 12:30 am

Look, you make a deal with the devil and you pay the consequences.  You want the lead role which leads to many other opportunities for fame and money and you sign away many rights and control.  Arie knew what he was getting into and still wanted it so badly even after all of these years.  Lauren certainly isn't camera shy on GMA, or The View, or at Kleinfelds, just the opposite IMO.  I wish they would stop whining about how un-fair everyone is to them. IMO

Last edited by Minney on Mon May 28, 2018 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 28, 2018 12:53 am

Aria wrote:I don't know, guys, I'm going soft....but I actually thought the article made it seem like they make a good match? Like they're both awkward AF (I'm cringing that they thought a random person was Ty Dolla $ign) they find the same stupid things funny, and they both seem to simultaneously crave attention while also being overwhelmed by it. And she clearly wants a life of leisure/laziness, spending most days doing barre classes and getting her nails done, and she seems to need someone to protect her and take the lead, which he is more than happy to do (it seems like he's literally picking out the wedding dress for her). I mean, as long as she doesn't expect anything crazy like "monogamy", I think this two crazy kids might actually make it! IMO.

I actually thought the reason he hid in a trailer when the girls came at him was that he recognized someone he slept with and didn't want Lauren to find out.  :uptonogood

I also, kind of thought he was making moves on the reporter...here hold on to me while I show you my bike, here borrow my truck, here have the keys to my house... :stirthepot

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

+71
biglove44
tigertiz
lightredemption
Cocoasneeze
Imp