SELECT CONTENT

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Brooke Blurton

Bobette wrote:GUYS.  Hometowns have begun, and Number 12 has a name.  She's Brooke Blurton and she's "the first ever Indigenous contestant to make it to the final 4".  

Seems like a token gesture, but more diversity on TV is never a bad thing IMO.   

SPOILER ALERT: The Bachelor's Nick 'Honey Badger' Cummins jets to Perth for a home visit with Brooke Blurton - the FIRST EVER Indigenous contestant to make it to the final four

The Bachelor Australia has been criticised in the past for its lack of cultural diversity.

And it seems that the upcoming season will buck the trend, with an Indigenous contestant making it to the final four for the first time in the show's six year history.

New Bachelor Nick 'The Honey Badger' Cummins, 30, was pictured at Sydney Airport on Thursday before catching a flight to Perth, with a source telling Daily Mail Australia that he was there for a home visit with Brooke Blurton.

In Bachelor speak, a 'home visit' means a contestant's relationship with the show's leading man has progressed to the point where he meets her family.

In the past five seasons of the program, which is currently produced by Warner Bros. Australia, all the women who have made it to the final stages of the competition have been white.

Hailing from Perth, WA, Brooke is a Noongar / Yamatji woman who competed in the 2016 Miss NAIDOC Perth pageant.

The 21-year-old beauty also works as an administrative officer for the Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation.

On-set photos reveal the reality TV lovebirds previously hit it off during a date which saw a shirtless Nick 'rescuing' Brooke while dressed a fireman.

As Nick held Brooke tightly in his arms, she slung her arms around the former Wallabies star's neck as they gazed into each other's eyes.

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* IGqyLzq

Spotted at Sydney Airport on Thursday, Nick dressed casually in striped jumper,  chinos and white sneakers.

With a backpack casually slung over his shoulders, Nick strolled through the terminal looking wide eyed and full of anticipation.

The rugby union star graciously posed for photos with sports fans at the airport before boarding his flight to Western Australia.

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* 84xXLwS

Source

ETA:  
Brooke's Twitter https://twitter.com/brookeblurton?lang=en
Facebook bio https://www.facebook.com/MissNAIDOCPerth/posts/1072645772801254:0
Work profile https://mhfa.com.au/instructor/156998

WOW... impressive!

And I think this is her Instagram (currently private) https://www.instagram.com/b_rooklynb/

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* ODraEM8
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Re: Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 am

Source

Brooke seems way too good for this show laugh out loud IMO Channel 10 approached her with an offer she couldn't refuse - Top 4 guaranteed and a platform to raise important Indigenous issues on national TV perhaps?  I look forward to seeing her on screen.

Interesting audio interview here: https://soundcloud.com/abcwa/naidoc-finalist-survived-traumatic-past
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Re: Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Agent99 Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 am

It is so refreshing to have a contestant who is doing something deep and meaningful with their lives.  I will be v disappointed if she is doing the Bachelor just for insta followers…
I'm on board with her laugh out loud

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 am

Oh look, Daily Mail just published a story based on the exact video I posted yesterday. What a remarkable co-incidence.  Rolling Eyes

Agent99 wrote:It is so refreshing to have a contestant who is doing something deep and meaningful with their lives.  I will be v disappointed if she is doing the Bachelor just for insta followers…
I'm on board with her laugh out loud

Anyway... ITA @Agent99, Brooke is a cut above the usual contestant.  I can't imagine she applied for this - IMO, TPTB went hunting for an Indigenous girl to counter-act the claims from last year about the lack of diversity and hit the jackpot when they convinced her to be on the show.  I think her Insta will be far deeper than the shilling/fashion/cosmetics crap we usually see.

She seems totally switched on and I'm sure she will use this as a springboard to bring awesome things to her community. yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am

@Bobette you should be asking for a cut on sales of the DM. Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* 3806527698

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Tue May 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Brooke's following stats have changed. Unless two people she was following have deleted their accounts, she is now following 579 people. This means she has since likely been out? Likely to have placed F3?

spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue May 22, 2018 10:41 pm

F3 is perfect if they want Brooke as Bachelorette 2019 IMO.  If F2s are cast as Leads they have to go through that whole "Yes, I was broken hearted, but I've healed now and yada yada yada..." Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* 2622943811

With Matty, half his first date (with Elora) was him waffling on about how he was over Georgia.  BORING.  F3s are far enough removed that they don't have to pretend to be broken hearted, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Have just noticed that Brooke is the only one of the F4 that Sister Liz is following, are we sure that she went out at F3, or did we just decide that because we thought she would make an excellent next Bette? question
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:30 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Have just noticed that Brooke is the only one of the F4 that Sister Liz is following, are we sure that she went out at F3, or did we just decide that because we thought she would make an excellent next Bette? question

I'm pretty sure we had a good reason to think she went at F3 but can't remember what it was. laugh out loud IMO sister Liz following her (good pick up but the way!) is more reason to think she's not final 2 - it would be "safe" for Liz to follow her, the same can't be said of either of the final 2. I expect TPTB gave the family a strict warning about not showing any preference for the final 2.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:32 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Have just noticed that Brooke is the only one of the F4 that Sister Liz is following, are we sure that she went out at F3, or did we just decide that because we thought she would make an excellent next Bette? question

i dont' know but i remember last season someone close to Matty J started following Tara (i just can't remember who it was sorry?) and she was f3 question
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:32 am

They're both following each other. Liz follows a ton of people, so I'm wondering who followed first.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 am

I'm not convinced she is F3. The changes in her insta were only minimal.

She is so young though.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooke Blurton - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+10
Sundy
Sprite
Idlemess
LeapofFaith
Dirty Street Pie