SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by Joy15 Wed May 30, 2018 7:16 pm

IMO she is implying that the double tap thing is more of "coincidences" maybe? and truly not reflecting her fiancee 's values at all......IA..that is a super lame excuse.

SO much for an independent, strong woman who some thinks would be able to redeem and educate her man, eh?....Ewww no no

Back to top Go down

2 - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by LoveDovez Wed May 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Someone should tweet these to Reality Steve since he's so far behind on the news ( and isn't reading here) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good golly what a mess.......My SO doesn't have to have the same beliefs as I do, but if he had done as Garrett has, well let's just say he would have plenty of room in the bed tonight because I'd be outta here and happy to be out...
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 pm

What's even crazier to me is that she wants us to accept the curated, packaged and manipulated "artificial" version put forth by Fleiss & Co to the audience as being more authentic than what their real life choices and actions demonstrate.

I can't imagine seeing those likes and even having a cup of coffee with the guy much less contemplating marriage. I don't get how people can turn a blind eye to ugly stuff like that just so they won't be alone.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by North Wed May 30, 2018 7:32 pm

She doesn't have to denounce Garrett -- doesn't even have to mention him. Just strongly denounce the hateful messaging. Is that so hard?

And if she does want to throw Garrett a life-jacket, maybe something like how "this SM behavior is not representative of the man she met and had a relationship with on the show." Period. Per her contract, she can't say much more than that.

By not addressing the messaging directly and spouting all that "different opinions and beliefs" and "America" crap -- she's actually trying to play to a large point of inclusion and everyone's beliefs should be accepted. Let's be clear, it isn't intolerant to NOT accept intolerance and hate.

Last edited by North on Wed May 30, 2018 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed May 30, 2018 7:35 pm

North wrote:
nananana wrote:A better explanation, IMO the best we will get right now. She can’t say much more more until the finale.http://www.etonline.com/bachelorette-becca-kufrin-addresses-frontrunner-garrett-yrigoyens-instagram-controversy-exclusive

"I can't fault on anyone for what they believe and who's to say that anyone is truly what they believe in if they just double tap,"

Can someone translate? Is she really trying to say that following social media accounts and liking images and messaging is NOT reflective of someone's beliefs or opinions? In any way? Or just "truly"?

How can Becca, as a proud liberal feminist, excuse away this SM behavior without addressing how troubling it is? I mean, yeah, social media is not the end all be all of who we are but it does shine a spotlight into many of our passions, beliefs, etc... Couldn't she have come out more strongly that SHE doesn't agree with those messages and would want to educate her partner on how harmful it is to support hate messaging?

Good grief Charlie Brown! At this point, I'd rather hear a half-hearted "I was hacked" claim or some well-produced apology "I am embarrassed by my past SM behavior -- it is not representative of who I am and my core values" and of course the "I will learn from this experience."  than the above. The above is just an excuse -- a super lame excuse for supporting hate.

Are we sure she's in PR -- in any capacity?!?

Good Post I agree I was just starting to post the exact question... what in the h*ll does “ I can’t fault anyone for what they believe.... who’s to say anyone is truly what they believe ....” Huh???

Honestly, I’m not sure I can continue to watch this train wreck. no no
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Wed May 30, 2018 7:35 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:What's even crazier to me is that she wants us to accept the curated, packaged and manipulated "artificial" version put forth by Fleiss & Co to the audience as being more authentic than what their real life choices and actions demonstrate.

I can't imagine seeing those likes and even having a cup of coffee with the guy much less contemplating marriage. I don't get how people can turn a blind eye to ugly stuff like that just so they won't be alone.

to the bolded, or :
- so they won't have a super embarassing broken engagement #2
- so they won't be the first one to break the FIR "successful" streak

RME so hard! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 pm

Rolly wrote:
Honestly, I’m not sure I can continue to watch this train wreck. no no

came hang with me on Blake and Jason thread instead bestbud! . I definitely lost my interest in the final (not-so-happy) couple. So i am just tuning in for the guys. Blake/Jason is TB candidate i could get behind, so i just still need to learn about them and hopefully it can geared me up to tuning in the coming TB season, as i usually skipped TB.

Back to top Go down

Post by North Wed May 30, 2018 7:41 pm

Oh Becca...

Becca Kufrin Defends Bachelorette's Garrett Yrigoyen After He Allegedly Liked Controversial Memes

North

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Wed May 30, 2018 7:44 pm

I won't watch those interviews for fear of second-hand embarrassment but I'm starting to feel like Becca just sees her and Garrett as one of those "opposites attract" couples and really won't try to change his POV. It's her life but it's still disappointing to see she may not actually care about his intolerance as long as he is good to her. Hell, she may even be cursing the people that exposed Garrett instead of the man himself. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by mslat92 Wed May 30, 2018 7:52 pm

OMG BECCA STOP. For real. If this is how they planned on addressing it, then they should reconsider immediately. In the ET video, Becca says that she hasn't really had time over the last few days to read the articles and figure what has happened? I know that's an excuse, but even if it wasn't, maybe you should take the time, seeing as it shows your fiance as a complete bigot. If anything, your REAL self shines through online/social media, because you have the safety/freedom of being relatively anonymous - so I can never understand how people discredit what is said/done online as not showing someone's true self. I also can't believe she's asking us to keep an open mind to bigotry??? I CANNOT. Becca. Wtf. :\\\
mslat92
mslat92

Female Posts : 526

Back to top Go down

Post by nananana Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 pm

I hate to be the justice for RJK person but she is NOT in an easy position. She is engaged and (supposedly) happy with her choice and doesn't want to throw her man under the bus; yet she probably knows what he did was wrong, AND she has ABC breathing down her neck.

It's easy to compose a response on the internet, not so much in the moment. She is not a perfect person and shouldn't be expected to react as so. I don't envy her at all.

nananana

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Wed May 30, 2018 7:56 pm

https://people.com/tv/becca-kufrin-garrett-yrigoyen-controversial-memes-bachelorette/
“I just want everyone to watch it back and to get to know these guys and to get to know me for who we really are and not social media,” Kufrin, 28, tells Lopez, “because that’s just a small glimpse into a person and it’s not always reflective of who they are.”

translate to me : its NBD for her.(that just a "small glimpse", right?) ..and we should be "open-minded" about it too 2 - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 78 4256136633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

+94
lstiff
Minney
NCGalBecca
North
Kels0012
Norcalgal
mysthelma
kmick0890
Imp
ishkabaha
pavalygurl