SELECT CONTENT

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:44 am

Sundy wrote:I agree whole heartedly @Bobette. If he gets the first date as Matrix suggested he is out imo. Shame huh! Will wait to see

Well last year Jarrod got the first date and was dragged all the way to F2 so he might stick around.  I just hope they don't repeat the Jarrod-style dump with Rob if he was actually into her. I've seen enough heartbroken men trudge sadly off down a beach.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sundy Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:53 am

Bobette wrote:
Sundy wrote:I agree whole heartedly @Bobette. If he gets the first date as Matrix suggested he is out imo. Shame huh! Will wait to see

Well last year Jarrod got the first date and was dragged all the way to F2 so he might stick around.  I just hope they don't repeat the Jarrod-style dump with Rob if he was actually into her. I've seen enough heartbroken men trudge sadly off down a beach.  laugh out loud

Who wore it better, Jarrod or Nick rofl
At least Jarrod showed genuine emotion
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am

When dating shows collide dizzy

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 4g6etN0

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 am

Posted yesterday about Rob's ex Carly being on MAFS. His write up being about him and his ex doesn't bode well for him imo as does him being first date so I see him possibly in F4. Typically invested and go far (anywhere from F5 - F2 first dates have placed in past betteau seasons).   

Robert, 29, Plumber, VIC

"I was in love with Carly from MAFS"

Hunky Italian Rob tells NW he's a relationship kinda guy, but there's one ex who's particularly special to him – Carly Bowyer from Married At First Sight!

"She was my most serious relationship to date – we lived together, we were together for the longest I've dated someone," he confesses.

"Unfortunately, it's been three years since we broke up. It was just one of those things. I don't think it was from a lack of trying, but unfortunately we just couldn't seem to make it work. After a bit of time passed, we rekindled and became friends again."

Rob, 29, says he and Carly are regularly in touch and he still sees her family "quite a bit".

"She has a lot of awesome friends and a nice family and her brother is really nice. It's kinda hard to say goodbye to the family and friends sometimes... "

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 1538715779618_Robert
https://www.nowtolove.com.au/reality-tv/the-bachelorette-australia/bachelorette-australia-2018-contestants-51458

Posted here per Sportsbet he is a contender and DM is using that to their benefit. Still don't think he is F1 and rather benefiting from being first date contestant. 

TAB betting has Rob in 4th/5th placed tied with Todd so they may know something more since they have him placed at a less winning odds position than Sportsbet. 

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Rob's official bio. He is described as often drifting off into his own little world and waiting for his queen. Per his BTS pics and getting the first date of the season, I expect him to be very invested and basically acted like he is the female Ali lost in the bubble of love laugh out loud

Robert
State: VIC

Being a plumber has never stopped Robert from being a man of class and fashion. The 29-year-old is ready to start his own family and hopes this will happen in the next five years. Mature and goal-driven, Robert often drifts off into his own little world, wondering about the day he can finally spoil the girl of his dreams with private dinners, wine and candles.

Why do you think you’re still single?
"I just haven’t met my Queen yet. It’s not my time."

Do you believe in love at first sight?
"100 per cent yes. When there is an electric energy between two people, it’s undeniable. It takes time to figure it out, but hindsight soon reveals it to be love at first sight."

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 TheBachelorette_S4_Bio_Robert
https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-bachelorette/bachelors/robert
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:23 pm

'I thought we'd get married': MAFS star Carly Bowyer says she believed she and Bachelorette star Rob Colangelo would 'end up together forever' when they were dating... and admits she still has feelings for him

By Ilaria Brophy and Nick Hadley For Daily Mail Australia

The Bachelorette's Rob Colangelo shocked fans when he revealed he was previously in a 'serious relationship' with MAFS star Carly Bowyer, before the pair split in 2015.

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 9ktiAX3

Now, the former Married At First Sight contestant has shed more light on the former couple's relationship.

She said she believed the pair 'would get married and end up together forever.'

Speaking to New Idea on Monday, the 33-year-old, who dated the 29-year-old Italian plumber from Victoria for three years, said: 'We were definitely in love. It felt like that was it and we'd get married and end up together forever.'

Carly, who recently split from her MAFS co-star Troy Delmege earlier this year,  also admitted she will be left 'heartbroken' if Ali Oetjen chooses Rob on the Channel 10 dating series.

'It's always hard to see your ex with someone else. I would be happy for him, but I'd also be a little heartbroken,' she told the magazine.

Carly continued to wax lyrical about the handsome Italian to the publication, sharing: 'He's very patient, caring and he's such a family man, he'll make an amazing dad.'

Carly was originally paired with Justin Fischer, 43, on the controversial social experiment before moving on with 36-year-old Troy.

However after a whirlwind nine-month romance, Carly and Troy confirmed in August they had ended their relationship.

Meanwhile Rob confessed to NW last week he was previously in a 'serious relationship' with the former Married At First Sight star.

The brunette hunk said: 'She was my most serious relationship to date - we lived together, we were together for the longest I've dated someone.'

Rob, who split with Carly in 2015, added: 'It was just one of those things. I don't think it was from a lack of trying, but unfortunately we just couldn't seem to make it work.'

He confirmed that he and Carly have remained friends and still keep in touch.

Rob is competing for Ali's heart alongside 15 other male suitors on the 2018 season of The Bachelorette.

Rob seems younger than 29.  And she seems older than 33!

For those who didn't watch MAFS - Troy was a bit of a weirdo who made a big deal about the fact that he was a virgin.  Creeped me out a bit so not sure why on earth she would voluntarily date him (they weren't matched together but hooked up post-show)

Source

ETA:  A visual of what they were like together.  Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 318829699  

Sounds like she wants to get her claws back into Rob.  You can do better, mate!

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 FBfEzks

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:00 am

Debate currently raging on IG regarding whether Rob's gay, bi or "just Italian".

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 VNsnPMC

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 pm

I will never understand ignorance about sexual orientation. The most effeminate man doesn't mean he's gay. Just like the most blokey bloke doesn't mean he's straight.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Good for him! It's pathetic how sm can decide someone's sexual orientation for someone else. It's like they're trying to "call out' someone else and indirectly saying that person is living a lie. Absolute hogwash imo. How someone acts (feminine vs masculine energy or traits) is no causation for sexual orientation. A man who has so-called non-masculine traits doesn't mean he is gay. That stereotype is very toxic and damaging and why emotions are seen as weakness with men when it is a strength. Same for mannerisms, or how one dresses. Has no causation for sexual orientation. I wish the world would be more open to people rather than trying to label. If Rob was gay, bi, whatever, I am sure he would be proud to be so - as he should be. No reason to suggest he is lying or pretending not to be. Rob's a man, a human being, and comfortable in himself. As he should be. jmo

Since Robert Colangelo has appeared on The Bachelorette alongside Ali Oetjen, viewers have taken to Twitter to address his sexuality.

And in an interview with TV WEEK on Thursday, the reality star said he's 'not worried' about fans calling him gay.

'If anything, I take it as a compliment,' the 29-year-old plumber said.
source

As for "gaydar" that is absolute bs and there's no evidence to suggest that looking at someone or having a "feeling" about someone's sexuality is accurate. 

Your 'gaydar' isn't just way off, it doesn't exist at all, new research suggests. A team of scientists in the US has found that not only is there no evidence to back up the claim that you can identify someone's sexuality just by looking at them, the concept is incredibly damaging.

"Most people think of stereotyping as inappropriate," lead researcher William Cox from the University of Wisconsin-Madison said in a press release. "But if you're not calling it 'stereotyping,' if you're giving it this other label and camouflaging it as gaydar, it appears to be more socially and personally acceptable."

The team also showed that legitimising the gaydar concept can further spread damaging stereotypes.

"Contrary to some prior claims, stereotyping is highly unlikely to result in accurate judgments about orientation," the authors write in the Journal of Sex Research.

Tl;dr gaydar isn't a thing, and it's a damaging idea. So stop using it.
https://www.sciencealert.com/study-finds-there-is-no-such-thing-as-gaydar
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Gaydar is real IMO.  People who don't get it, probably just don't have it, IMO.  And there are scientific articles backing this up.

Some people claim to have an uncanny ability to detect the sexual orientation of another person from subtle cues. This kind of intuition is often called “gaydar” (a combination of “gay” and “radar.”) However, skeptics dismiss gaydar as nothing more than a set of stereotypes about homosexuals that are largely untrue.

Canadian psychologist Nicholas Rule studies social intuitions—the snap judgments we make about people we’ve just met. In a series of experiments, he and his colleagues tested people’s abilities to judge others’ sexual orientation, and came to the conclusion that gaydar is real.

Furthermore, people differ in their gaydar abilities. People with strongly expressed homophobia aren’t very accurate at judging sexual orientation, even though they think they are. Straight people who have gay friends are more accurate in their judgments, but they feel less confidence in their assessments. And not surprisingly, gays and lesbians are generally quite accurate at judging sexual orientation.

In sum, gaydar really is a thing, in that people are generally good at perceiving sexual orientation from nonverbal cues. However, it isn’t a special talent. Rather, gaydar taps into the same “people sense” we use to quickly size up those we encounter in our daily lives.

Source

Last edited by Bobette on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:09 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Good for him! It's pathetic how sm can decide someone's sexual orientation for someone else. It's like they're trying to "call out' someone else and indirectly saying that person is living a lie. Absolute hogwash imo. How someone acts (feminine vs masculine energy or traits) is no causation for sexual orientation. A man who has so-called non-masculine traits doesn't mean he is gay. That stereotype is very toxic and damaging and why emotions are seen as weakness with men when it is a strength. Same for mannerisms, or how one dresses. Has no causation for sexual orientation. I wish the world would be more open to people rather than trying to label. If Rob was gay, bi, whatever, I am sure he would be proud to be so - as he should be. No reason to suggest he is lying or pretending not to be. Rob's a man, a human being, and comfortable in himself. As he should be. jmo

snipped

Great post! Especially the bold. If people would only look at others as "people" maybe the world would be in better shape. These types of SM reaction's makes my skin crawl.

One can understand how sickening these types of comments are only if they too see everyone equal and then read that. Disgusting.

"Just Italian" ? as opposed to gay and Italian? The mentality leaves me speechless these days.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Saying someone is gay because of how they dress, their mannerisms, and talk is honestly ignorance at it's best and studies are not evidence of causation. One can check off a list of cues and still be wrong. Plenty of studies debunking this and the methods used for studies that state it is real the math doesn't support 

Therefore, the 60 percent accuracy in the lab studies translates to 93 percent inaccuracy for identifying who is gay in the real world (38 / [38 + 3] = 92.7 percent). Even when people seem gay – and set off all the alarms on your gaydar – it’s far more likely that they’re straight. More straight people will seem to be gay than there are actual gay people in total.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26219212 source

So now Rob is a liar because someone believes they have gaydar? And what measurements are there to determine those who are commenting (controlled studies linked above show how inaccurate this is). It's honestly scary how the world is trying to basically mock and laugh at someone and basically accuse them of being a liar and living a lie (because that's what it means when people comment like this). 

I personally believe sexuality is on a spectrum and many people are varying degrees - bi, gay, straight, pan, etc, I don't see sexuality as just "set" one way for most. That still doesn't give me the right to state someone is gay just because of how they talk or act. It's none of my damn business if they are and regardless of my personal thoughts I respect people for who they are and whatever their sexual orientation.

Rob has stated he is not gay. One should respect that and respect a person.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+5
Enough
AllAboutLove
Bobette
Norcalgal
GuardianAngel