SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Page 14 of 52 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 33 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by LoveDovez Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 pm

It would be bad enough to be someone's second choice in real life away from the camera's, but to be someone's second choice for all the world to see would be too big of a meal for me to bite at. That's what I find so pathetic about Lauren. Sure she will get him to marry her, but when will there ever come a day when she don't have to worry about some girl sliding into his DM's?

She may think she was the riskier choice, but there was still some reason RE was able to tell her NO when she walked up to him at the FRC. That was the coldest thing I've seen out of these shows if in fact he was so head over heels in love with her as they want us to think.

But whatever helps her sleep at night is fine with me. I don't get either one of them and think they are both as fake AF. I'm just grateful he cut Becca loose so she could go on to live her best life happily.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:07 pm

But unless you are the guy or gals first love, you aren’t going to be the first choice. There will be someone before you, maybe an athlete, or ceo or real beauty.
That same situation is true for the woman who jilts boy, boy meets a new gal and ends up with new gal.
There are countless situations like that unless you end up with you first love and not many do.
I think it depends on self esteem. If you are comfortable with the situation, then all is good. If you are insecure, not much is going to reassure you. Jmo

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah, I don't really have an issue with Lauren being his second choice. After all Des/Chris and Molly/Jason are relationships based on "second choices" and they're both in great relationships.

I think Lauren just cares too much about what others think. I don't know if it's insecurity about being the second choice (which I would 100% have too) or what, but I wish she would just let it be. Once they are married and all, people will come around, as they usually do. I don't see the benefit of this revisionist history of "I was the RISK". But, like, what risk? A life with too many puns? 

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Linds911 wrote:When Molly replies to comments like this years later she replies in a joking way where with Lauren you get that she's still annoyed that she wasn't his first choice. She's going to act like she was ok with being the "scary choice" but I don't think she will ever get over it. Jmo.

I think that is because Molly is secure in her relationship with Jason. Libby is never going to be secure with Arie IMO. Jason was never a playboy running around with multiple women, jumping out of windows without his pants when one girlfriend catches him in bed with another. JMO

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 pm

@Sprite ah yes two total different guys with different relationships you're right!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 8367-910  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 I_got_13  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 E5kqdm15  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Yeah, I don't see Lauren as a "risk". She was the safe choice since she is the clone of many of his previous lady friends. Becca was the "risk".

The more she claps back and protests, the harder people go at her. Ignorance is bliss in some cases. She needs to learn how to ignore more often.

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:59 pm

Alanna wrote:I really really seriously don’t get it either. She’s the Wisteria Lane/ desperate housewife/ Don Draper dreamgirl/ Stepford Wife archetype in real life imo. She’s the perfect woman for him and the safest, most reasonable, most logical choice for this fellow. Imo.

@Alanna
you certainly do have a way with words! hehehe
Polly Pocket is hilarious. She doesn't realize just how much of a safe bet she is. If this marriage happens and then lasts a few months, she will finally start to get it. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:59 pm

havadrpepper wrote:Yeah, I don't see Lauren as a "risk". She was the safe choice since she is the clone of many of his previous lady friends. Becca was the "risk".

The more she claps back and protests, the harder people go at her.  Ignorance is bliss in some cases. She needs to learn how to ignore more often.

But that is just it. I don't really think she is ignorant about him...well, at least not any more. I think she is well aware and has decided that the rewards outnumber the problems. She can't ignore because she knows what people are saying is true, but she isn't bright enough to understand that the more she protests, the less people will believe her...not the other way about. She should just stop responding and enjoy the perks.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Sprite wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:Yeah, I don't see Lauren as a "risk". She was the safe choice since she is the clone of many of his previous lady friends. Becca was the "risk".

The more she claps back and protests, the harder people go at her.  Ignorance is bliss in some cases. She needs to learn how to ignore more often.

But that is just it. I don't really think she is ignorant about him...well, at least not any more. I think she is well aware and has decided that the rewards outnumber the problems. She can't ignore because she knows what people are saying is true, but she isn't bright enough to understand that the more she protests, the less people will believe her...not the other way about. She should just stop responding and enjoy the perks.

This is what I meant when I said she needs to ignore more often. She needs to stop responding and ignore those who post those types of comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Linds911 wrote:When Molly replies to comments like this years later she replies in a joking way where with Lauren you get that she's still annoyed that she wasn't his first choice. She's going to act like she was ok with being the "scary choice" but I don't think she will ever get over it. Jmo.

IMO Lauren was HIS first choice and Becca was TPTB Choice. Not saying it was right but I think he did what he was told to do and he pulled it off for them, the old switch- a- roo ,but this time they carried it into safe house time.,due to contracts and the bachelor family sort of "oath" they'll never tell ya that. The end result is what matters to these contestants and everything else in between is all scripted and guided to fit TPTB narrative. JMO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:34 am

Jolena wrote:

IMO Lauren was HIS first choice and Becca was TPTB Choice. Not saying it was right but I think he did what he was told to do and he pulled it off for them, the old switch- a- roo ,but this time they carried it into safe house time.,due to contracts and the bachelor family sort of "oath" they'll never tell ya that. The end result is what matters to these contestants and everything else in between is all scripted and guided to fit TPTB narrative.  JMO

@Jolena
I disagree, wholeheartedly. IMO, he loved Becca most and that's why he chose her but, once he got her and realized she was a real person with real opinions and expectations, he wanted the one he loved less but, would serve his needs better. He found out after the fact that Becca was not interested in following him and his raggedy azz toy truck all over the world smiling and pretending he's some great race car driver like his dad. IMO Becca has a career, she has skills, she is not a Polly Pocket like Lauren. Becca is powerful and smart, just watch and see.

Lauren is perfect for him, just perfect. JMO  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 14 3552228123

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 am

If I remember correctly, Lauren was seen and discussed in many circles as being more of a risk because it was unclear if she would accept a proposal. Maybe I'm confused, but it seems like that was in discussions at the time. scmiiw

Last edited by petesiepoo on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 52 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 33 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

+60
leavers
lightredemption
Billysmom
pavalygurl
SeekAny