Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Sprite on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:59 pm

I don't think he really loved either one. I think he was more physically attracted to Lauren, but I think he thought Becca was more of a catch and would be the one that would make people think he was serious about marriage. I think Lauren seemed like the typical groupie types he normally goes for, whereas Becca had a career and was already established. Unfortunately for Arie, that career actually put a damper on things since you know, that meant that she couldn't be at his beck and call 24/7. Lauren suits him much better. She will follow him around, cheer like a good little wife and turn a blind eye when he strays...as long as he keeps her in the style she is accustomed to.


You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
avatar
Sprite

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : London ON

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Jolena on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:When Molly replies to comments like this years later she replies in a joking way where with Lauren you get that she's still annoyed that she wasn't his first choice. She's going to act like she was ok with being the "scary choice" but I don't think she will ever get over it. Jmo.

IMO Lauren was HIS first choice and Becca was TPTB Choice. Not saying it was right but I think he did what he was told to do and he pulled it off for them, the old switch- a- roo ,but this time they carried it into safe house time.,due to contracts and the bachelor family sort of "oath" they'll never tell ya that. The end result is what matters to these contestants and everything else in between is all scripted and guided to fit TPTB narrative.  JMO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I disagree, wholeheartedly. IMO, he loved Becca most and that's why he chose her but, once he got her and realized she was a real person with real opinions and expectations, he wanted the one he loved less but, would serve his needs better. He found out after the fact that Becca was not interested in following him and his raggedy azz toy truck all over the world smiling and pretending he's some great race car driver like his dad. IMO Becca has a career, she has skills, she is not a Polly Pocket like Lauren. Becca is powerful and smart, just watch and see.


Lauren is perfect for him, just perfect. JMO  

I respectfully disagree. Becca would've built her life around him , yes, I agree she is smart and strong but it's obvious she was totally blindsided by the breakup, although she did know he was still thinking of Lauren after the finale .That was his way of easing her into what was ahead. He had his eyes on Lauren early on and fell in love with her on their one on one date and expressed it in his PI that night and even to her. When the lead wants to divulge to their chosen one that they love them , they also have to express the same feelings for at least one other to confuse the viewers, one action of course is "real" the other not so much & is to confuse . Most of the tears from the lead at the end is not because the loved the runner up but the guilt from having led them on & to bring them to the end of the show. Or there would be no show . Notice how they ALL ( bachelors & Etts) all fall in love with 2 people ? When it fact it's always really just one. I'm sure they LIKE the person that they bring to fantasy dates and keep around to the end because they have to spend alot of time with them but their eyes are set on the one pretty early on . Some of the Final 4 are also TPTB picks to go to hometowns and stick around as they poll the viewers comments to see who is favored more and to set up the possible next lead. JMHO
avatar
Jolena

Female Posts : 1651
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 64
Location : Nj

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Stone_Hedge on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't think he really loved either one. I think he was more physically attracted to Lauren, but I think he thought Becca was more of a catch and would be the one that would make people think he was serious about marriage. I think Lauren seemed like the typical groupie types he normally goes for, whereas Becca had a career and was already established. Unfortunately for Arie, that career actually put a damper on things since you know, that meant that she couldn't be at his beck and call 24/7. Lauren suits him much better. She will follow him around, cheer like a good little wife and turn a blind eye when he strays...as long as he keeps her in the style she is accustomed to.


Even the Lyindyk’s sister knew Libby was his type. The usual of what he goes for. That’s a safe choice imo. Marquel said in an interview that Libby was sensitive bordered on paranoia about what peeps think. Guess it’s just that insecurity rearing it’s ugly face to set “her imagined truth straight. Imo no no There are time stamps that shows she was not his first choice. I’m starting to feel sorry for Arie on his future :gotcha:.......
NOT! She might just be his payback :yes:
avatar
Stone_Hedge

Female Posts : 1976
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Chgohighlife on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If I remember correctly, Lauren was seen and discussed in many circles as being more of a risk because it was unclear if she would accept a proposal. Maybe I'm confused, but it seems like that was in discussions at the time. scmiiw

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IMO, when Lauren practically ran through the solid structure of her front door to greet and almost eat Arie alive AFTER he made her his second choice, that theory was shot to hell. So, I'm not willing to pretend that her being any kind of freakin' risk was ever anything more than the edited excuse for her willingness to be his quite obvious afterthought. JMO cantstopl

Chgohighlife

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2017-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by albean99 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:13 am

I agree Good Post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don’t really care what Arie did or didn’t do in Mexico but see the gossip as his reputation following him. I imagine that Lauren tells herself that she has nothing to worry about but is that true? It’s possible that Arie has found the perfect woman for him but at some point Lauren may have regrets and have to have another disengagement party. laugh out loud


"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
avatar
albean99
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 13219
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by whit90 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:When Molly replies to comments like this years later she replies in a joking way where with Lauren you get that she's still annoyed that she wasn't his first choice. She's going to act like she was ok with being the "scary choice" but I don't think she will ever get over it. Jmo.

IMO Lauren was HIS first choice and Becca was TPTB Choice. Not saying it was right but I think he did what he was told to do and he pulled it off for them, the old switch- a- roo ,but this time they carried it into safe house time.,due to contracts and the bachelor family sort of "oath" they'll never tell ya that. The end result is what matters to these contestants and everything else in between is all scripted and guided to fit TPTB narrative.  JMO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I disagree, wholeheartedly. IMO, he loved Becca most and that's why he chose her but, once he got her and realized she was a real person with real opinions and expectations, he wanted the one he loved less but, would serve his needs better. He found out after the fact that Becca was not interested in following him and his raggedy azz toy truck all over the world smiling and pretending he's some great race car driver like his dad. IMO Becca has a career, she has skills, she is not a Polly Pocket like Lauren. Becca is powerful and smart, just watch and see.


Lauren is perfect for him, just perfect. JMO  

I respectfully disagree. Becca would've built her life around him , yes, I agree she is smart and strong but it's obvious she was totally blindsided by the breakup, although she did know he was still thinking of Lauren after the finale .That was his way of easing her into what was ahead.  He had his eyes on Lauren early on and fell in love with her on their one on one date and expressed it in his PI that night and even to her.  When the lead wants to divulge to their chosen one that they love them , they also have to express the same feelings for at least one other to confuse the viewers, one action of course is  "real" the other not so much & is to confuse . Most of the tears from the lead at the end is not because the loved the runner up but the guilt from having led them on & to bring them to the end of the show. Or there would be no show . Notice how they ALL ( bachelors & Etts) all fall in love with 2 people ? When it fact it's always really just one. I'm sure they LIKE the person that they bring to fantasy dates and keep around to the end because they have to spend alot of time with them but their eyes are set on the one pretty early on . Some of the Final 4 are also TPTB picks to go to hometowns and stick around as they poll the viewers comments to see who is favored more and to set up the possible next lead. JMHO

Totally agree with both of your post !
avatar
whit90

Posts : 2332
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Mommyof2 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Arie said multiple times that Lauren was "always in her head".  He knew she wasn't all in and therefore picked Becca. I don't think for a second that he really loved Becca, but I do think he was very attracted to Lauren and after he chose Becca, he missed Lauren.  Sometimes you realize what you had after you let it go.   I think they are a perfect match, imho.

Btw, they flew back to VA for her bridal shower.
avatar
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 7845
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : Wisconsin

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Chgohighlife on Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:21 pm

I definitely agree they are a “perfect match”.

Chgohighlife

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2017-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Stone_Hedge on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:34 am

Yup! She’s plastic, materialistic and shallow enough for Arie imo. He has a type for a reason. Again, mo
avatar
Stone_Hedge

Female Posts : 1976
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by LoveDovez on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yup! She’s plastic, materialistic and shallow enough for Arie imo. He has a type for a reason. Again, mo



YUP!!!!
avatar
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 3659
Join date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Stone_Hedge on Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Kamil is like the male counterpart to Libby. Just my vibe.

avatar
Stone_Hedge

Female Posts : 1976
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by wishesfireworks on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Kamil is like the male counterpart to Libby. Just my vibe.


I love the shade Chris threw to Larie. No one wants to see their vacationing posts, well at least not me.
avatar
wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 251
Join date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum