SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Page 17 of 52 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 pm

@Chgohighlife Oh so true how you worded it.
@havadrpepper, always love your fact checking.

Arie is no saint and Libby is no angel. They deserve each other imo.

Back to top Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by umngirl Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Larie wrote:He loves. Lauren. By the way Lauren is from a well-to-do family. Her dad was high up in the Navy after having graduated from the Naval academy with an engineering degree. After retiring, He started a multi million dollar company, called CAVU International (check it out), specializing among other things , in off shore drilling risk management, and have contracts worldwide from Norway to TX, where ever there is off shore drilling. Her mother is a Register’s nurse with an MS in nursing, and owns related businesses. Lauren is not a gold digger. In fact she brings plenty to the table. She is an asset not a liability to any man IMHO
https://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/00000161-fdf4-d960-a767-fdf65cb20000/the-bachelors-arie-luyendyk/

Umm her dad didn’t retire. He was relieved of duty after a personal misconduct investigation.

https://www.stripes.com/news/stennis-executive-officer-relieved-of-duty-1.90983

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 87b72b10  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 86669110  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Can I just say I want their life? laugh out loud They have been to several countries since the show ended and they took a hot air balloon ride recently. Jealous. I'm lucky if I get to travel out of the state. laugh out loud laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Larie wrote:Being very traditional and conservative family, core family values including not leaving any family member behind is a virture, as witn her grand father who was .a friend to President George H Bush in Maine . Going back in time, being educated aka going to college, does not determine how successful a person is going to be, e.g Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark  Zuckerburg, and many more, have changed the world for the better, from high tech to arts to fashion, etc. Majority of entrepreneurs are not college educated. Education is probably something to fall back on when necessary. Most college graduates don’t even work in their fields of study. Arie seems to be doing pretty well.
Arie is one of a few polished bachelors to ever be on the show, probably from his European background. Not only that, he is one of the kindest and caring person one will ever meet. Again this is probably from his background as a Dutchman.  The Govt of the Netherlands is the most generous Govt. I know this because I worked at the World Bank for more than 15 years and handled development projects financed by trust funds from that Govt, year in year out, the Govt of the Netherlands  gives millions of dollars for development worldwide. Arie embodies that caring and generous spirit. As for Lauren, she has done more in her short life than most. She was an EMT and drove ambulances to save lives, all while in college. She owned a house staging business with her mother. She recently announced that she will be starting a new business after the wedding, using her savin
The couple is a perfect fit and this is obvious for objective people with open minds. All just my opinion

@Larie,
As I said three pages ago, they are perfect for each other. With this union, they each get what they deserve and they seem happy about it for now IMO, which is infinitely amusing to me. On your other points, I agree to disagree.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm

As for me, I am keeping an open mind. I believe the constitution guarantees the couple the right to be out and about, they have every right to do whatever they want to do under the law. I wish I can live off of anybody,s name. Not sure if that is even realistic. He works hard racing and in real estate, last year he closed a total real estate transactions in excess of $13 million, even on a commission of 3%, that is a decent income for one year, don’t know his commission %, could be more than 3%, in which case, the income wasn’t bad at all.JMO

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Her dad was reassigned, which is different from forced retirement. He eventually voluntarily retired, which is normal. Nothing unusual there.IMO

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Her dad was not charged of anything and the personal misconduct is not public record.

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 pm

No one is an angel or perfect, not one.

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Just a word of advice, posting back to back is frowned upon. Try to edit the previous post to make additions.

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 87b72b10  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 86669110  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Yes, ma’am, still learning

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 17 623245435

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Larie wrote:As for me, I am keeping an open mind. I believe the constitution guarantees the couple the right to be out and about, they have every right to do whatever they want to do under the law. I wish I can live off of anybody,s name. Not sure if that is even  realistic. He works hard racing and in real estate, last year he closed a total real estate transactions in excess of $13 million, even on a commission of 3%, that is a decent income for one year, don’t know his commission %, could be more than 3%, in which case, the income wasn’t bad at all.JMO

Welcome1

Thank you for posting your thoughts here! I hope you find the forum enjoyable and the members welcoming.

Arie has been racing professionally for 21 years now along with other ventures, including his successful real estate business. He skipped college as have multitudes of other highly successful people and followed his father into racing. It's not unusual for sons to follow in their fathers' footsteps IMO. Whether that field is insurance, farming or other jobs, surely the father's expertise and guidance will contribute to the child's success. That's admirable, not a reason for scorn IMO.

Arie and Lauren are happily planning their wedding, in a dream location without TPTB subsidizing it and dictating the terms. They purchased a home together, work hard and travel to amazing places. Good for them!

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 52 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

+60
leavers
lightredemption
Billysmom
pavalygurl
SeekAny