SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Page 34 of 52 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 34 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by sosleepy Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Kasha, I'm not waiting for Arie to cheat, nor will I get excited if he does.  These two are mostly dead space to me, and I just am not interested either way.  That doesn't mean I wish them ill will.  Its always nice when a Bachelor couple actually makes it, and these two are no different.  

I'm simply addressing the notion that because cheating is embedded throughout history, its all "who cares" and "whatever," and something to be expected and even excused. Seems pretty misogynistic and backward to me. JMO. I feel like we should strive for better. Be good people. Only idolize good people. IDK.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 34 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:01 pm

sosleepy wrote:Kasha, I'm not waiting for Arie to cheat, nor will I get excited if he does.  These two are mostly dead space to me, and I just am not interested either way.  That doesn't mean I wish them ill will.  Its always nice when a Bachelor couple actually makes it, and these two are no different.  

I'm simply addressing the notion that because cheating is embedded throughout history, its all "who cares" and "whatever," and something to be expected and even excused. Seems pretty misogynistic and backward to me. JMO.  I feel like we should strive for better.  Be good people.  Only idolize good people.  IDK.  

IMO It is all "who cares" or "whatever" until it happens to you.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:48 pm

@sosleepy and if it seemed I was singling you out, I apologize, as I was not.  I was responding to the ongoing discussion.
This same type thing goes round and round like the dog/cat chasing its tail on various threads season after season.
A) it would be very hard for me to find a couple I fan or idolize. I really don’t care that much to go that route.
B) JMO but men don’t have a license on adultry, last I checked.   I don’t consider it misogynist, more like a issue of loyalty and faith. It’s an equal opportunity vice, IMO.
c) woe be the day it’s put in my hands to decide who is or is not “good” people. no no

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:39 pm

sosleepy wrote:Kasha, I'm not waiting for Arie to cheat, nor will I get excited if he does.  These two are mostly dead space to me, and I just am not interested either way.  That doesn't mean I wish them ill will.  Its always nice when a Bachelor couple actually makes it, and these two are no different.  

I'm simply addressing the notion that because cheating is embedded throughout history, its all "who cares" and "whatever," and something to be expected and even excused. Seems pretty misogynistic and backward to me. JMO.  I feel like we should strive for better.  Be good people.  Only idolize good people.  IDK.  
Nobody condones cheating. What I am saying is that both men and women cheat and that it is not a new phenomenon or human behaviour.  Some know the other is cheating but they turn a blind eye for whatever reason only they know, while others know each have cheated but they forgive each other. Men who have "played the field" turn out to make good husbands when they find the right woman for them and settle down, examples include Warren Beatty, George Clooney, etc (please Mods forgive me for mentioning these people). If he cheats, I would think that that would be Lauren's problem alone to deal with and not total strangers on SM, unless hammering on that repeatedly make people feel better. I just don't understand the fascination about cheating when it comes to this couple. Some people nobody expects to cheat cheat.

I idolize nobody but Christ alone,  because nobody is perfect or without sin. Not one! All my opinion, of course:)

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Or wish it for anyone, anticipate it for anyone or be excited about it happening when it does or doesn’t. And the beat goes on. Jmo

For me the question is if  cheating does occur, what does the person cheated on do...leave or stay and try to work it out, I don't know...

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 pm

I guess that is something only the couple involved should deal with.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:54 pm

I think cheating is wrong,  man or woman, doesn’t matter. 

However, I also believe in repentance, forgiveness and second chance.  Everyone makes mistake and I hope we all learn from our mistakes and become better human beings. 

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 pm

I’m pretty sure nobody thinks cheating is right or ok.   I think the reason it comes up in Aries thread is that he’s been dubbed a cheater and that he’ll never change.  Like I’ve said upthread ...finding the right person is what makes staying faithful easy.   Propblem with today’s society IMO ... they jump into relationships and beds way too easy ... most are really nothing more than friends with benefits.... so it’s probably not so much “cheating” when dating these days, as it was in times past, mostly because many seem to think it’s their right of passage to sleep with who ever they feel like.  This soooo goes against everything I believe in or condone ... but sadly ... it’s what many today subscribe too.  no no

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:03 pm

They remind me of a father daughter duo, sorry. IMO

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantress Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Happy wedding day to these two!
Enchantress
Enchantress

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:34 pm

So happy for them. Nobody can steal their joy, happiness and love. And nobody can steal their sparkle. I cannot remember a ten year old having a child, imo

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Happy wedding day! Smiley Still so crazy to me that Arie will be our third Bachelor to marry someone from the show. laugh out loud
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 52 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

+60
leavers
lightredemption
Billysmom
pavalygurl
SeekAny