SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Bachelorette 11 - #5 - Discussion

Page 10 of 73 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 41 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Bachelorette 11 - #5 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Bachelorette 11 - #5 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Sprite wrote:What a lot of BS.

If I hear that their schedules are jam packed one more time I am going to  

If you really wanted to get married, you would find the time. Trip to Vegas for a couple of days and it's done.

Shoot. Even less than a trip to Vegas. Take an afternoon, and drive to City Hall. Give me a break.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Bachelorette 11 - #5 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Bachelorette 11 - #5 - Discussion

Post by Aria Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:08 pm

@Alanna Oh, man! That sounds like a nightmare! I don't get how guys can be so commitment-phobic while simultaneously being too afraid of being along to be honest. I'm glad he's someone else's problem now and you found your happily ever after! 

@sosleepy
Yeah, I think once Jared got over his hang-ups about the type of person he always saw himself with and realized the type of person he actually needed and loved was Ashley, he made that commitment ASAP. And, as much as people talk about being too busy, there is no one that hustles like Ashley and, somehow, she's found the time to look at venues and dresses. I know wedding planning is no joke, but these people make it sound like this impossible feat that takes decades to prepare for. 

I'm giving both Jojo/Jordan and Rachel/Bryan until Spring 2019. And if those idiots are still talking about "some type of year" or how they're still waiting on word for a TV wedding, I'm calling it. 

And, hey, congrats to Arie/Lauren for most likely being the first couple in almost half a decade to get married! Hope future 'ettes get the message - stop picking your FIR guy and start pulling Mesnicks if you actually want to get married! IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Aww thanks @Aria!! All’s awesome now (usually anyway, depending on whose turn it is to do laundry laugh out loud) but yeah, it was nightmarish at the time, for a long time. He wasn’t a bad guy, just a selfish moron. Most importantly, it taught me to be blunt for the future about what I wanted and what I expected and if the guy was scared of the “m” word, I wasn’t ashamed to move on ASAP. Hopefully Kaitlyn learns for the future too.

And come on, don’t be so hard on the other ettes. I mean, jo’s already nailed down it’ll be somewhere with “green,” so definitely not Mars or another planet that cannot support life. We’re getting there with planning and in a hurry!! I don’t see them feasibly being able to get married before winter 2020 now so we’ll see how they’re even doing in spring 2019. 

No idea on Rachel, I’m baffled how she’s marrying what basically is amounting to an insta model or whatever but she’s 34 so I understand it. I don’t know if I’d take a disinterested Shawn or dude that moves to LA to pose in underpants. Eff me. There are no good men left imo laugh out loud Rolling Eyes

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:01 pm

I should take it to her thread, but when did JoJo make this infamous “some kind of year” comment. laugh out loud laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:07 pm

sosleepy wrote:I should take it to her thread, but when did JoJo make this infamous “some kind of year” comment. laugh out loud laugh out loud
It was “beginning of some type of year” because of his work schedule. Last week or two weeks when they were in LA and she did a panel with Becca shilling Stacy’s chips. Heaven help her wedding planner no no And yet, and yet, my friends, she’s further along than Shawn and it’s only been 3 years BS.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Alanna wrote:I really don’t know if:
A) he’s really this stupid
B) willfully this ignorant 
C) can’t be bothered to pretend anymore on this true feelings, or
D) a little from columns a, b and c

All I know is I need Shawn to take several seats yesterday.

And imho, they’re f#%ed Rolling Eyes

I've always thought Shawn was as thick as a brick. Maybe he really can only concentrate on one thing at a time? Too bad that thing hasn't been Kaitlyn for like two years now. Rolling Eyes JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 pm

sosleepy wrote:
sdmom wrote:I remember Bryan of my current fav couple in one interview, said something like now the franchise has four successful  (Arie and Lauren included )  couples, the news is not who’s going to get married first but who’s going to break up first (paraphrasing). He’s probably joking but I hope it will not comr true.

Tbh, the only marriages I’d bet on happening right now are Jared and Ashley, and Arie and Lauren. In that order. I think most of us can agree Boothstowe is a lost cause at this point. The longer Jo^3 and RnB drag things out, the less confidence I have in them as well. If you get married after the 18 month mark in Bachelor World, you are a huge exception to the rule. Basically it’s never happened in 17 years. Jared and Ashley are different. A total anomaly with an * by their names.
It seems you have got the Bach franchise down to a science. And if I'm being truthful, it makes sense - couples who last, get married around the 18th month mark. It makes me want to some serious backpedaling when it comes to my fav Ette couple. But there must be exceptions to the rule, right? But with regards to K/S, they are doomed. If Kaitlyn stays with Shawn, she'll be settling, IMO. She would be giving up her wants and desires to accommodate his hangups about marriage and commitment. I really hope their fans start preparing themselves from now. Because, from experience, it's not an easy road to deal with sudden breakup news of Bach couple. But apart from the 18th month "rule" another key tell is when the forum starts buzzing about a breakup - it happened with Taylor and Derek, with Ben and Lauren and it's happening here again, IMO.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:12 am

@aviej That's actually a really good point! I don't think there's ever been a couple with breakup buzz on this forum who hasn't eventually gone on to breakup. 

And, since I'm bored, I was curious if there had been any exceptions to that 18 month rule. We have 5 franchise married couples and 3 BIP/BP married couples. 

Timelines for each: 
1. Trista/Ryan - engaged November 2002, married Dec 2003 (13 mo) 
2. Jason/Molly - got together January 2009, engaged October 2009, married February 2010 (13 mo) 
3. Ashley/JP - engaged May 2011, married December 2012 (19 mo) 
4. Sean/Cat - engaged November 2012, married January 2014 (14 mo) 
5. Des/Chris - engaged May 2013, married Junary 2015 (20 mo) 
6. Holly/Blake - engaged September 2011, married June 2012 (9 mo) 
7. Jade/Tanner - engaged June 2015, married January 2016 (7 mo) 
8. Carly/Evan - engaged June 2016, married June 2017 (12 mo) 

As of right now, our engaged couples have been engaged for:

1. Jared/Ashley (1.5 months) 
2. Arie/Lauren (5 months)
3. Rachel/Bryan (14 months)
4. Jojo/Jordan (26 months)
5. Shawn/Kaitlyn (38 months) 

So, we have three couples that can make it under that 20 month deadline and two couples that are either going to break the trend or...the other kind of break up. Place your bets, everyone!

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpincess Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 am

Bach world 18 months rule really. Sounds ridiculous to me. There is no time or rules on when couples should get married & just because other couples got married faster doesn’t mean everyone else should. Every relationship is different. Makes me think there
Are no true loyal/support fans and I thought this was a K&S fan forum not all the couples and isn’t meant to be positive and not negative
Pinkpincess
Pinkpincess

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:42 am

Pinkpincess wrote:Bach world 18 months rule really. Sounds ridiculous to me. There is no time or rules on when couples should get married & just because other couples got married faster doesn’t mean everyone else should. Every relationship is different. Makes me think there
Are no true loyal/support fans and I thought this was a K&S fan forum not all the couples
This is Kait & Shawn's discussion thread not fan forum and when discussing potential signs of a breakup, I don't think it's unreasonable to draw comparisons to past couples who've exhibited similar behaviour. I'm a fan but it's really not looking good for them right now and with each sm post and interview it just seems like the breakup is more an inevitability than a possibility. I do think the 18 month rule is silly though, no offense to the believers laugh out loud.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:46 am

@Aria I see your stats and I must say that is intriguing.  However, I want to throw this into the mix as well. Of the eight currently married couples above, six got TV weddings. So, it is quite likely as well that their race to the altar was precipitated by the huge pay check they received for getting married within TPTB's timeline. These days, TV weddings are less of the norm. I can even hasten to say that of the current engaged couples, it seems as though one is likely to get a TV wedding.  So it does seem as though the TV wedding offer is a factor as well. I wonder if K&S were offered a wedding like a year or two ago if they would have been married already or if Shawn would have still had his doubts. I guess we'll never know.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:58 am

@aviej

That's definitely possible that's at play! It does seem like Arie/Lauren will also be getting married and they don't have a TV wedding, so that might be soon becoming 3/9 couples. I was also looking at Bachelor-adjacent couples and they all actually got married within 27 months too (Peyton/Chris, Deanna/Stephen, Elizabeth/Tye, Jesse/Ann). I remember Chris talking about how the show pushed him to have the serious conversations with Peyton very quickly on and more quickly figure out that they wanted a life together. I think there's just something about the Bachelor franchise where time moves faster, because you're doing everything faster (like meeting parents on the 3rd date, moving in together 2 months in). It is interesting that the three couples that dated for longer (Charlie/Sarah, Byron/Mary, Kiptyn/Tenley) all broke up. It does seem like a new era now, in some ways, so it will be interesting to see if that trend changes or not! I really still don't feel super confident about any of the couples breaking up. I still even have .0000001% hope that K/S figure it out! 

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 73 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 41 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Bachelorette 11 - #5 - Discussion

+68
FMG2015
veg_out
Pattycake92
Idlemess
sparkler