SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 67 of 73 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Sharleen Joynt Finale

https://mobile.twitter.com/flarefashion/status/1027193985759162368

Back to top Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by just me Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Sprite wrote:
Minney wrote:Garrett has (rightfully) taken a lot of heat (and hate) for his IG choices. It’s a really safe bet that he isn’t the first contestant to have this type of IG activity but he is the first to be called out on it. If someone did a deep dive on contestants from the past few seasons I wonder how many have as offensive or even more offensive posts or “likes” on their SM accounts. It’s brought a lot of good awareness out actually and an understanding of how seriously some people take SM activity.

Forget about contestants, what about us? I know I went back a bit and looked at some of my likes. Guess what? Apparently I also have some inappropriate likes. I think if anyone looks hard enough, there will be some dirt on all of us.

I miss the days pre SM.
IMO- Sprite- You are so right. I miss those days too. People are passing judgment on people they do not even know because of a like.  No one is squeaky clean. We have differences of opinions on many things- that is what makes us individuals. Also I have liked things before without realizing totally what was meant by the post. Either way we should have the freedom to check a like and not be judged in the "court of opinions". All IMO.

Last edited by just me on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm

SM is a platform for judging others ...whether we like it or not...thinking otherwise, won’t make it so. People put all kinds of personal sh!t out there...voluntarily... and it’s not gong away. If you want something private .. don’t put it out there for the public to see...simple as that.

I’ve been around a while ..a mother ...a grandmother ... a widow ...I’ve seen a lot over the years ... and one thing I can say with certainly is that just because something becomes popular, or even socially acceptable ... IMO ..wrong is wrong and right is right ... anyone can white wash it as much as they want ... but a moral wrong will never became a moral right in my eyes ...just because so many do it ... don’t care ....I’ll never accept it as ok just because I’m in a minority.

:soapbox

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 pm

northernviewer wrote:SM is a platform for judging others ...whether we like it or not...thinking otherwise, won’t make it so.   People put all kinds of personal sh!t out there...voluntarily... and it’s not gong away.  If you want something private .. don’t put it out there for the public to see...simple as that.  

I’ve been around a while ..a mother ...a grandmother ... a widow ...I’ve seen a lot over the years ... and one thing I can say with certainly is that just because something becomes popular, or even socially acceptable ... IMO ..wrong is wrong and right is right ... anyone can white wash it as much as they want ... but a moral wrong will never became a moral right in my eyes ...just because so many do it ... don’t care ....I’ll never accept it as ok just because I’m in a minority.  

What one considers morally wrong another does not- that is where freedom of opinions comes in. The exception is of course if it is against the law. Also, IMO a like is not the same as a written post by someone. When someone checks a like we do not know exactly what they were thinking of when they did this. I am also a grandmother, mother and widow. I would never attact a person's character over a "like" on anything. Where does it all end if we do this- not really knowing the person in the first place? IMO

Last edited by just me on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:31 pm

I get that G’ IG likes have been rehashed so much and have taken a life of it’s own. My issue is that he STILL doesn’t get the impact of his actions in terms of understanding what he endorsed by clicking on these posts. Seeing and hearing Becca tell him that he couldn’t just ‘like’ randomly without consequences was akin to a mom schooling a 10 year son and it’s completely mind boggling that he is so dumb and I’m mystified that she is willing to still see him as a possible father to her kids....where is the maturity needed by a partner to be a role model, protect them from danger,  and explain things to his kids if he is not even able to articulate that himself. This has crash and burn written all over. no no thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 1646190589

Last edited by Astrobach on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:52 pm

I think that my freedom of speech and another's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness must co-exist. IMO, the memes G was double tapping touched on other peoples' rights. Social media has broken boundries for good but also can be used for malicious intent...bullying, threats, intimidation.  I don't know G's heart.  I have seen his "likes" and they "ain't pretty".

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Astrobach wrote:I get that G’ IG likes have been rehashed so much and taken a life if it’s own. My issue is that he STILL doesn’t get the impact of his actions in terms of understanding what he endorsed by clicking on these posts. Seeing and hearing Becca tell him that he couldn’t just ‘like’ randomly without consequences was akin to a mom schooling a 10 year son and it’s completely mind boggling that he is so dumb and I’m mystified that she is willing to still see him as a possible father to her kids....where is the maturity needed by a partner to be a role model, protect them from danger,  and explain things to his kids if he is not even able to articulate that himself. This has crash and burn written all over. :shootme: thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 1646190589 
@Astrobach
First we will have to watch Becca turn herself inside out pretending she’s not as utterly disgusted as I am by what his likes actually mean about who he is,  about how he really feels and what his “people” think is morally ok to hate, worship and do. IMO

People who understand bigotry know what a difficult road she has ahead but, my money is on Becca. She will figure it out and work within her new parameters to create something that works for the two of them especially if he continues to love her as much as he seems to and to be capable of admitting his flaws and working on them.

Last edited by Chgohighlife on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:20 pm

For me, the past can't be changed and you can only grow from your mistakes and broaden your views. Garrett has apologized and has reiterated many times he is becoming more educated. I'm going to believe he is trying to become more educated until he shows me a reason not to. He has recognized he hurt Becca, and I think that in itself probably made him listen and understand more carefully as Becca explained her viewpoints. Also when you're in a relationship, your SO teaches you soo much and this is a good thing. My husband has taught me so much about the industry he works in and all the false advertisement and misinformation fed to consumers. I had one viewpoint prior to meeting him and over time he's educated me with accurate information for me to form a different opinion. I think this will be the case with Becca and Garrett.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:32 pm

FMG2015 wrote:For me, the past can't be changed and you can only grow from your mistakes and broaden your views. Garrett has apologized and has reiterated many times he is becoming more educated. I'm going to believe he is trying to become more educated until he shows me a reason not to. He has recognized he hurt Becca, and I think that in itself probably made him listen and understand more carefully as Becca explained her viewpoints. Also when you're in a relationship, your SO teaches you soo much and this is a good thing.  My husband has taught me so much about the industry he works in and all the false advertisement and misinformation fed to consumers. I had one viewpoint prior to meeting him and over time he's educated me with accurate information for me to form a different opinion. I think this will be the case with Becca and Garrett.

@FMG2015
I agree with you. I believe love is stronger than hate and many people, much more despicable than Garrett have been transformed by its power.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Here is a quote from that Vanity Fair article.
I never looked into it or read the comment or tags, until [Kufrin] brought it up and talked to me and said, ‘Garrett, you can’t do that. You’ve got to read what you’re supporting and liking and not just take a picture for what it’s worth because people are tagging things and putting things below it that are associating it with an image, whereas other people are reading into it.’ Just because you’re not reading into it, doesn’t mean others aren’t. So she helped me see all sides.” wrote:
And another:
No, I don’t believe that David Hogg is a crisis actor. That was another thing I had to educate myself on, and [Kufrin] helped me do that. I initially didn’t even know what a crisis actor was, so that’s a part of me growing and just being more educated in what I’m actually supporting and liking.” wrote:

She is engaged to an imbecile. Jmo
Source

There are few things more annoying to me than having an imbecile like GG insult my intelligence. I'll go out on a limb here and and state that GG wouldn't recognize political satire even if explained to him by mama Becca, IMO. GG must truly be dense IMO not to understand the definition of "crisis actor" when it was helpfully spelled out for him. The post states, "So Called "Student", But actually CRISIS ACTOR, David Hogg, was on camera months ago pretending to be a high school student In California. Now, suddenly, he is a high school student in Florida???" (No alteration to the punctuation and capitalization.)

It wasn't that long ago that slave ownership and public lynchings were acceptable, along with the annihilation of over 1 million people because of their beliefs. It's really not that difficult for a moral person to understand what is morally correct, IMO. I defend a person's right to freely express those opinions on SM and on ridiculous reality tv shows. I'm not directing this at you @Kashathediva.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:10 pm

northernviewer wrote:SM is a platform for judging others ...whether we like it or not...thinking otherwise, won’t make it so.   People put all kinds of personal sh!t out there...voluntarily... and it’s not gong away.  If you want something private .. don’t put it out there for the public to see...simple as that.  

I don't disagree...up to a point...but there are things which were once morally acceptable which are now a no no...rights for homosexuals, discrimination based on colour and even women's rights. Some of these are still considered the norm in other places around the world. Norms and morality change all the time. I guess I am willing to give him the chance.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm

For me, it’s never been about Garrett’s beliefs or views. IE ... his POV on illegal immigration.... he has every right to have his view on it .. what I object to is him laughing at a child be tossed over a wall! That’s not funny .... on any level ...a nd a person that would laugh at it or approve of it .... well IMO .... that’s not ok ....and it speaks to who they truly are deep down. People can be surface nice ... fake ... and it can go undetected ... but sooner or later IMO ...their true colours will shine through. That’s not going away over night ... or in a few months. An apology is not good enough for me. Actions over time, then I’ll decide.....

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 73 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+78
timfan
Amethyst
Relalou
tiger
Lievta
Purplepat
Scooby
GypsySarah
bachfan218
FLChica
bluwavz