Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 71 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by northernviewer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:12 pm

@just me wrote:
@Astrobach wrote:@northernviewer....oh man! laugh out loud you reminded me of that line G said candidly in front of Becca on an interview ( maybe with CH? ) that he saw that the ‘dad’ angle seemed to work so he ‘ went for it’ like totally admitting he saw that as a way to hook her into him. And he used it any chance he got. Well played Garrett! So priceless. rofl
Could you share that interview with us. I have watched most and I sure do not remember him saying the dad angle seemed to work so he went for it. IMO Does not sound like Garrett at all. Exact words are important.

What I’m referring to is him talking to CH at ATFR ... Becca was talking about how he reminded her of her dad ... CH said to Garrett you always made sure her dad was part of conversation ... why?   Garrett said ... because she talked so highly about him ... She told him first night that he reminded her of her dad ..so he felt is was important to keep that in every conversation.  

If you like him, you might think it’s endearing ...  if your sceptical about him like I am, you might see it as manipulative and a type of suck up.   Girls with daddy issues will get sucked in.   It was an angle that worked :yes:
avatar
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5096
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by northernviewer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Beccas daddy issues don’t appear to be the classic “ daddy ignored me so I want a daddy figure to make up for it” it’s more of an “ I loved my father so I want to marry a man just like him “ Garrett knew that, hence why he brought him up every chance he got. It was calculated IMO.
avatar
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5096
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Stone_Hedge on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Or just meant to be. We shall see.
avatar
Stone_Hedge

Female Posts : 1792
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:47 pm

I already mentioned it on another thread today, I see it’s time to mention on this thread, too.
Let’s keep the thread topic on topic. Bringing in any other cast as a dig to make a my person is better than yours is not the topic.
Thanks.


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
RIP my little one. I will miss you. 
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 33089
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:00 pm

@northernviewer wrote:Beccas daddy issues don’t appear to be the classic “ daddy ignored me so I want a daddy figure to make up for it” it’s more of an “ I loved my father so I want to marry a man just like him “    Garrett knew that, hence why he brought him up every chance he got.   It was calculated IMO.  

Good clarification about that. I am not a psychologist but I would think that it may be a mix of both since she actually experienced the two . She lost him at a relatively young and formative time. ( Apparently, he was sick since she was 14 ) so she had the love and admiration for her dad but he was probably unable to be there for her ( as much ) when he was sick and after he passed. I think it may have acted as a double whammy in fact. Hence the strong subconscious pull towards someone to fill in the lacks she experienced.
avatar
Astrobach

Posts : 541
Join date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Stone_Hedge on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:06 pm

So if it was a subconscious pull on HER part, how is G calculating? From what’s not shown because of editing, Becca could have expressed similarities . Garrett could recognized things as well . I do agree it was Becca’s attraction for whatever reason as opposed to Garrett manipulating. Jmo
avatar
Stone_Hedge

Female Posts : 1792
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by northernviewer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:22 pm

@Astrobach wrote:
@northernviewer wrote:Beccas daddy issues don’t appear to be the classic “ daddy ignored me so I want a daddy figure to make up for it” it’s more of an “ I loved my father so I want to marry a man just like him “    Garrett knew that, hence why he brought him up every chance he got.   It was calculated IMO.  

Good clarification about that. I am not a psychologist but I would think that it may be a mix of both since she actually experienced the two . She lost him at a relatively young and formative time. ( Apparently, he was sick since she was 14 ) so she had the love and admiration for her dad but he was probably unable to be there for her ( as much ) when he was sick and after he passed. I think it may have acted as a double whammy in fact. Hence the strong subconscious pull towards someone to fill in the lacks she experienced.

Good point ... although not intentional, sickness and death is a type of abandonment. sad
avatar
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5096
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by FLChica on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:39 pm

@northernviewer wrote:What I’m referring to is him talking to CH at ATFR ... Becca was talking about how he reminded her of her dad ... CH said to Garrett you always made sure her dad was part of conversation ... why?   Garrett said ... because she talked so highly about him ... She told him first night that he reminded her of her dad ..so he felt is was important to keep that in every conversation.  

If you like him, you might think it’s endearing ...  if your sceptical about him like I am, you might see it as manipulative and a type of suck up.   Girls with daddy issues will get sucked in.   It was an angle that worked :yes:
Becca told GG that he reminded her of Dad after TPTB had him roll up in a mini-van stocked with snacks, toys and carseats. Oh yeah - and after he gave Becca his fly-fishing demo.  TPTB aren't known for subtlety, IMO.

GG didn't have have to be observant and a "subconscious pull" on Becca's part wasn't necessary. TPTB told GG all about Dad and provided the props to show Becca their similarities.
avatar
FLChica

Female Posts : 1226
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : The Beach

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 pm

I was just re-watching this scene from the AFTR and right after Garrett said that line, there was an audible, uncomfortable pause..
‘ crickets’ like what did he just say? As much as I understand the fact that her Dad was obviously an important part of her life, to purposely bring it up all the time is a choice that shows his intentions, IMO. She sure has talked about that a lot and its obviously also something that the producers knew how to play into the dynamic between her and all of the guys.
It just reminds me of this quote: “ co-dependents confuse caretaking and sacrifice with loyalty and love.” She has listed loyalty as number one in her partner’s quality she is looking for. How much is there a blurred line between their ‘fixing’ their unresolved issues and their true needs is up for speculation and we are just witnessing the very beginning of the ‘ honeymoon’ effect now. There are in my view many red flags here but it’s not uncommon in that environment. JMOAA.


Last edited by Astrobach on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Astrobach

Posts : 541
Join date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm

@FLChica BINGO! laugh out loud
avatar
Astrobach

Posts : 541
Join date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by XQZME on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:47 pm

I married someone who is like my father...brilliant, driven, talented, kind, loving, hilarious, trustworthy, etc., and I don't consider myself to have "daddy issues." 
IMO...the "daddy issue" label trying to be stuck on Becca is a load of poo!
avatar
XQZME

Posts : 401
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : Buckeye Country

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Just Looking on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 pm

@Stone_Hedge wrote:So if it was a subconscious pull on HER part, how is G calculating? From what’s not shown because of editing, Becca could have expressed similarities . Garrett could recognized things as well . I do agree it was Becca’s attraction for whatever reason as opposed to Garrett manipulating. Jmo
I agree with your comments and I don't see it as manipulative at all. I think it's very special that Becca has found a man who reminds her of her dad who she loved and respected so much. Wonderful

Just Looking

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum