SELECT CONTENT

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 13 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:11 am

Kashathediva wrote:
Jane781 wrote:I’m an attorney and there is no way my company would hold my job for me to go on the show at all. Most people I know would not be able to leave their job for a total of 4+ months over a 8-9 month period and keep their job.

Yes, Garrett worked as a surgical technology consultant for a company called Arthrex. From what was sleuthed before, he was essentially a consultant/sales person for medical instruments and implants, working with surgeons specifically orthopedic surgeons.

I agree totally about job holding. Regardless of situation, and imo going on a reality to show is very low on the totem pole for good reasons to take a job sabbatical.  I do believe numerous cast have beeen released from prior jobs and perhaps the releasing has been sugarcoated when retold to the public.
just for the record: this is a discussion thread. For members confused, please review our rules. Discussion= good, bad and/or ugly. I don’t get why this has to be repeated so often. This is a sore spot with me. Commenting, shaming, baiting other members for their views or opinions is not tolerated.

I talked to the HR director at my previous employer (retired from there) once about people going on reality shows. She and I were both big fans of Survivor and Amazing Race and did the "what if" thing about going on the shows. Her response to me was that there was no way a job would be held for someone to go on a reality show. There is work to be done and when that person is not there, it doesn't get done. A body needs to be in that position to fulfill those needs. You want to leave for 6 to 8 weeks to film a reality show... we replace you.

But there are types of jobs that are easier to get away from... especially those who work for themselves or in a family business. IMO in the beginning it was different when filming these shows, especially this one. Filming did not last as long in the early days and reality tv was not quite the mainstream that it is today. And, that is why I think we saw a different type of contestant than we see now. There are the few exceptions that do end up with a job to go back to after filming. IMO many of those that do leave their jobs actually may have been looking for a reason to leave the job in the first place and being on a reality show with the future opportunities (if they do well) give them the incentive to do it.

We complain about the fitness instructors, models, wannabe actor/actresses etc that we see every season... but there is a reason why we do. They are the ones that can take the time away to do it and doing that actually helps to build their brand.

As for Becca and Garrett, we don't know what their finances were like before going on the show. It is quite possible that both of them are able to afford taking some time off at this time in their lives. That is their business and not mine. I just wish them well.

BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 1646190589

Back to top Go down

BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by SFoster Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:48 am

SFoster wrote:So from the looks of things, Becca was really a cafeteria worker at Skyya.  And prolly G worked in the warehouse of Arthrex operating a fork lift or something like that.  I would have to see what was sleuthed....btw
imo

Sorry I was being snarky. Because the article was snarky. They were trying to find out what specifically Becca does for Skyya and the only pic they posted was of her looking like she was preparing food in a cafeteria. My bad. laugh out loud

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:58 am

I added the IMO for you, just in case your post was considered factual.
I know the “imo’s, I think, I believe, I hope etc” can be tiresome at times, however we have people reading here that do not speak English as a first language. Regardless, opinion does not equal fact and the forum wants to differentiate member opinions which are welcome within site rules vs fact.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Some jobs have seasonality to them and during the slow season, I could see a company allow a leave of absence. But I agree that low-quality contestants can leave their jobs more easily than professionals. I was surprised to see Jason on the show for that reason and it makes me think Nick (attorney on Becca's season and BIP) was actually not given a promotion and that was why he was available.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Some jobs have seasonality to them and during the slow season, I could see a company allow a leave of absence. But I agree that low-quality contestants can leave their jobs more easily than professionals. I was surprised to see Jason on the show for that reason and it makes me think Nick (attorney on Becca's season and BIP) was actually not given a promotion and that was why he was available.

Yeah, definitely this. Manbun Mike from Becca's season said that his job is pretty slow from February to June so that's why he was able to do the show (and he said he would have done BIP if asked). But starting in August until after Super Bowl, he is busy and basically has no life other than watching pro football games so he can do the analysis his job requires.

I would venture to say that Becca's company may not have had a problem with her taking off to do Arie's season because she did go back to work when it was over. But they may have hesitated about her doing another season as the lead because of how much she would have to be away for various appearances before and after filming.

BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:53 pm

^^ Yes, exactly. Zero to do with Becca not being a valued employee, IMO.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by SpinCycle Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 am

"I happen to also believe she not the brightest bulb and that BN does not appear to be very welcoming to this couple".

Garrett only follow BN people he met personally.
Jojo and Jordan follow Garrett, and Jordan doesn't follow Rachel and Bryan
Shawn and Kaitlyn follow Garrett, and they don't follow Bryan and not sure on Rachel
Rachel and Bryan no idea if they follow other couples.

This some of the data that I have checked to justify in my own interpretation. I don't think other BN people outside their season follow any Bachelorette couples they haven't met either. so IMO based on follows it is what it is.
SpinCycle
SpinCycle

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Are these two settled where to live already ? Or they are just keep travelling ?laugh out loud What are their future plans ?

BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 Eb97c9
BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 9zt107BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 XgicucBachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 Oaw2uvBachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 2pqw5k8BachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 30szzauBachelorNation - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 13 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Not that they've shared with us yet but they've talked more about Reno/Tahoe and Minnesota than the original idea of Cali.
September they spent primarily in Minnesota and October has been exploring where Garrett lives. Lots of days so far this month they haven't posted a story but later a post about hiking/fishing together.
His brother gets married the last weekend of this month so we will see what they do afterwards. With the holidays approaching I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is official till January.

In a recent interview Becca did mention that they both miss working but she didn't elaborate on their career plans

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 pm

Do they still work for their respective companies and have taken a leave, or they left their companies?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:31 pm

If I was still young, had the resources and time, I’d love to travel with my love full time too.
I hope they take the time to get to know each other and plan for their future together.

I was walking around Oceanside (north San Diego county, more affordable than some other Southern California areas) Pier and saw many people fishing. I immediately thought maybe one day I will run into Becca and Garrett!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:24 pm

@GuardianAngel Jason said on a recent podcast that Garrett requested a leave of absence from his job and the company said no so Garrett left the company.

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+64
Terps4life
umngirl
nuts2uiam
Maggenzm
Billysmom