SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by flojo031 Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:05 am

Minney wrote:I'm still on the fence about Colton but I do believe that he wanted it so badly, and as stated in prior posts, that he came on Becca's season with the intention of being the next lead.  He's got a good agent and I hope that agent is there for the fallout.  There's a pattern in past seasons where a fairly clean and drama free season (in regards to edit) is followed by a $hitshow.  I anticipate Colton will be headed into a $hitstorm with a lot of manufactured high drama.  Past bachelor leads that are wishy-washy and don't know what they want or need, tend to get themselves into bad situations.    

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. I think that karma is gonna bite him in the a** hard because there's no way he's walking out on the other side unscathed (in the end). It wouldn't surprise me in the least if TPTB threw him under the bus big time. Don't feel sorry for him at all. He made his bed, now he has to lie in it.

The lead role should have went to someone who actually deserves it (Wills, Clay, Blake, Jason, John G.).

flojo031

Female Posts : 429

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by flojo031 Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:13 am

KK4 wrote:Wow. This Colton pick surprised me just now. My Mom passed away recently and I have not been paying close attention. Not sure I can watch him week after week. I would have preferred Jason

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. My parents mean everything to me, and losing them would devastate me. That's why it's so important to cherish every moment that you have with your loved ones because life is short. Don't take them for granted because you'll end up regretting your decisions in the end.

flojo031

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Sprite wrote:   (Snipped)

It wouldn't have been as bad if they didn't cast him on BIP. I feel as if they forcing him down my throat by now casting him in three different shows...one after the other...and I hate when someone does that. I get very stubborn and refuse to play along. What is worse is that tptb were the ones who made him look like a wishy washy dunce. I just don't get why they would make him look so dumb if they wanted him as the lead. If this is the best they can make him look, then heaven only knows just how bad he really is.

I 100% agree with you that casting Colton on BIP and making his relationship with Tia such a huge never-ending storyline did him no favors and did not help his image in the least.   Something that stood out to me was him saying that he is a people pleaser.  He even said that he played football to please his father.  IMO Colton needed to get some counseling in order to figure out what he really wants in life.  It appears to me that he has some deep-seated insecurities that have stymied his personal growth, and just acknowledging that they exist will not magically make them go away.

He came across on BIP like a lost puppy.  He appeared to be disconnected the whole time he was there.  Was that because he knew that his storyline with Tia was scripted for him as a springboard to win him the Bachelor lead?  It seemed like he was just biding his time until he could leave. I did not see any enthusiasm from him or interest in getting to know any of the women there, including Tia.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by flojo031 Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
Sprite wrote:   (Snipped)

It wouldn't have been as bad if they didn't cast him on BIP. I feel as if they forcing him down my throat by now casting him in three different shows...one after the other...and I hate when someone does that. I get very stubborn and refuse to play along. What is worse is that tptb were the ones who made him look like a wishy washy dunce. I just don't get why they would make him look so dumb if they wanted him as the lead. If this is the best they can make him look, then heaven only knows just how bad he really is.

I 100% agree with you that casting Colton on BIP and making his relationship with Tia such a huge never-ending storyline did him no favors and did not help his image in the least.   Something that stood out to me was him saying that he is a people pleaser.  He even said that he played football to please his father.  IMO Colton needed to get some counseling in order to figure out what he really wants in life.  It appears to me that he has some deep-seated insecurities that have stymied his personal growth, and just acknowledging that they exist will not magically make them go away.

He came across on BIP like a lost puppy.  He appeared to be disconnected the whole time he was there.  Was that because he knew that his storyline with Tia was scripted for him as a springboard to win him the Bachelor lead?  It seemed like he was just biding his time until he could leave.  I did not see any enthusiasm from him or interest in getting to know any of the women there, including Tia.

That is exactly why I think TPTB are going to give him hell. If they really wanted to paint him as another Sean Lowe 2.0 (which let me just say, makes me sick because Colton doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Sean, let alone in the same universe), they would have given him a squeaky clean edit for both shows, which they didn't. That tells me right there that some crazy sh** is about to go down in a big way and Colton is going to be just another casualty.

flojo031

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Can someone clarify what agent we are talking about when it's indicated Colton has a "good agent"? TYIA

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:25 pm

I’m not interested in Colton. I am interested in finding out who the contestants are and how they interact/react with each other. Most likely each of them have an agenda. Do they want to be the F1, the future bachelorette, a contestant on BIP, or a future influencer on social media? Time will tell JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3056

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:04 pm

I just keep reminding myself that he isn’t Jake or Ben F.  That’s kind of where I set my standards, but that’s not saying a lot.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:09 pm

@KK4 My condolences as well. I actually started watching the franchise when my mum was ill and it was kind of good therapy to just escape to the silliness for awhile. I wish you good days ahead.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:26 am

flojo031 wrote:That is exactly why I think TPTB are going to give him hell. If they really wanted to paint him as another Sean Lowe 2.0 (which let me just say, makes me sick because Colton doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Sean, let alone in the same universe), they would have given him a squeaky clean edit for both shows, which they didn't. That tells me right there that some crazy sh** is about to go down in a big way and Colton is going to be just another casualty.

Colton came off as very flaky to me on BiP. First he wants to date around. Next he needs closure from Becca. Then he wants to try to make it work with Tia. Finally in tears, he decides to throw in the towel and go home. This makes him ready to date more than two dozen women, how?

I'm confused as to why producers even sent Colton to Paradise. Both Jason and Blake had plenty of time after the Bachelorette to mend their hearts and presumably be ready to take on the lead role. But going to Paradise IMO did nothing to help Colton's image. It just made him appear more lost and indecisive.

I have to wonder when Colton became the leading contender in the eyes of the executive producers. I remember CH saying that the next Bachelor could well be coming out of BiP, so perhaps something was in the air at that point or even before.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:32 am

Amethyst wrote:
flojo031 wrote:That is exactly why I think TPTB are going to give him hell. If they really wanted to paint him as another Sean Lowe 2.0 (which let me just say, makes me sick because Colton doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Sean, let alone in the same universe), they would have given him a squeaky clean edit for both shows, which they didn't. That tells me right there that some crazy sh** is about to go down in a big way and Colton is going to be just another casualty.

Colton came off as very flaky to me on BiP. First he wants to date around. Next he needs closure from Becca. Then he wants to try to make it work with Tia. Finally in tears, he decides to throw in the towel and go home. This makes him ready to date more than two dozen women, how?

I'm confused as to why producers even sent Colton to Paradise. Both Jason and Blake had plenty of time after the Bachelorette to mend their hearts and presumably be ready to take on the lead role. But going to Paradise IMO did nothing to help Colton's image. It just made him appear more lost and indecisive.

I have to wonder when Colton became the leading contender in the eyes of the executive producers. I remember CH saying that the next Bachelor could well be coming out of BiP, so perhaps something was in the air at that point or even before.

To the bolded. I also thought at the time...no way can it be Colton....or Joe....so, here we go CH knew that they were already prepping Colton for the role. I agree with pretty much all you said @Amethyst and that’s where I see some prior deal going on with Colton's Management to make sure he was ending as a Bachelor. They must have promised something worthwhile...
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:32 pm

You may have this figured out elsewhere - but I realize why Colton is all smiles for The Bachelor gig - a step into sports broadcasting. Former FB player's next goal. Remember two Bachelor Nation guys went on to that - Jesse Palmer (doing well!) and JoJo's guy. So much for thinking he is excited to find a woman. (Note: I also posted this on Bachelor in Paradise area.)

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:05 pm

@RealityEscape That might be his goal but Colton was on the practice squad. I don't think he even suited up for a game???
If someone is going to be in sports broadcasting, I'd like to see it be Mike Renner, who does sports analysis/writing for a living and is currently working for Chris Collingsworth's company. The company PFF provides scouting info for most, if not all, of the pro teams.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+54
George1218
Cocoasneeze
kraft33
lavenderfan
avacaroline