SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 Empty Re: DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

Post by albean99 Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 am

I wonder if they'll change the way votes count next year? It didn't appear to me that Bobby should have gotten perfect marks that last day and think they must have known which way the votes were going. The same thing happened way back in season one where Kelly Manoco got perfect scores in a clearly not perfect dance. Back then you could figure out what would happen by the scores and the voters had more power than the judges. They couldn't change the outcome and therefore gave her perfect scores. There was such an uproar that they had a rematch and John O'Hurley won although she was still the champion. I believe the scoring system was changed after that. giggling

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15257

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 Empty Re: DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:50 am

"Didn't deserve it" is totally subjective to each individual.

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 1646190589 Bobby did not deserve the win.  

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 1646190589 Bobby did not entertain me.

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 1646190589 The viewers stuck it to production by voting for Bobby because of the production manipulation over the years.

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 1646190589 It is quite obvious as to who the producers want to win each season.

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 1646190589 This show is dead to me and many other long time viewers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:20 pm

northernviewer wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:@Doats

I agree with you that the voters launched both Bobby and Joe as far as they did because of the judging.  And, IMO, they continued it bringing the trophy to someone that didn't deserve it to just stick it to the show.

This show has been going downhill for quite a few years IMO and this just might be what kills it.  There is no spring version so it seems that ABC is already realizing that this show may have run its course.  Shows like this need to bring fresh ideas with each new season and IMO DWTS is not doing it.  

Now I will admit that from the beginning to the end I did see improvement in Bobby (and Joe) which to me is what the show is about.  I also saw that in Evanna and Milo.  However, I did not see that in Alexis or Juan Pablo.  For me Juan Pablo's dances all looked alike.  

I wish Joe and the other guys good luck in the tour.

I often read and hear in reference to DWTS the term “ doesn’t deserve it” when someone advances or wins.  What does that really mean?  Don’t they all deserve to win if they get the votes?  If they’re invited to participate?  If the viewers are so entertained that they want them to win?  We all know a small group are chosen to be finalists right from the get go.... and partnered with pros that they think will take them there.   The judges over score them ... fawn all over them and give saccharine praise at nauseam ... the rest get over criticized and picked on and when they decide it’s time for them to go ... super low scores.   

IMO Bobby deserved that win... he entertained the audience the most .... period.  Was he the best dancer ... heck no!  But this show has never been about the best dancer ... that ship sailed a long time ago .. :yes:

@northernviewer

I’ll take a shot at that question while I’m taking a break. 
IMO...A person who loves music is not ok with someone singing off key and ruining song afTer beautiful song. A person who is an excellent seamstress is not ok with crooked seams and inferior fabrics and missing buttons. Dog lovers are not fond of people who mistreat their animals. Excellent cooks or just plain excellent foodies who love to eat, do not appreciate poorly prepared meals. Health nuts are annoyed by smokers. I am not a ballroom dancer but I do have dance skills and I LOVE the art of dance. I’m not ok with a lousy dancer continuing in the competition when much better dancers are losing and going home. I would have been fine with any of the other three of the final four taking home the mirror ball. They were all good dancers who IMO would have deserved it. 

Bobby and (Grocery Store) Chicago Joe are two great guys who should have gone home weeks ago. The voting process that enabled them to stay should be restructured, IMO. It’s a dance competition, I don’t care who wins as long as they can truly dance. To me that means that almost anyone except Bobby or, Joe would have been fine.  All JMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:48 pm

albean99 wrote:I wonder if they'll change the way votes count next year? It didn't appear to me that Bobby should have gotten perfect marks that last day and think they must have known which way the votes were going. The same thing happened way back in season one where Kelly Manoco got perfect scores in a clearly not perfect dance. Back then you could figure out what would happen by the scores and the voters had more power than the judges. They couldn't change the outcome and therefore gave her perfect scores. There was such an uproar that they had a rematch and John O'Hurley won although she was still the champion. I believe the scoring system was changed after that. giggling
@albean99
IMO, unless an obvious error is made, it is customary for the judges to equate the scores to remove themselves from the final decision for winner.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
northernviewer wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:@Doats

I agree with you that the voters launched both Bobby and Joe as far as they did because of the judging.  And, IMO, they continued it bringing the trophy to someone that didn't deserve it to just stick it to the show.

This show has been going downhill for quite a few years IMO and this just might be what kills it.  There is no spring version so it seems that ABC is already realizing that this show may have run its course.  Shows like this need to bring fresh ideas with each new season and IMO DWTS is not doing it.  

Now I will admit that from the beginning to the end I did see improvement in Bobby (and Joe) which to me is what the show is about.  I also saw that in Evanna and Milo.  However, I did not see that in Alexis or Juan Pablo.  For me Juan Pablo's dances all looked alike.  

I wish Joe and the other guys good luck in the tour.

I often read and hear in reference to DWTS the term “ doesn’t deserve it” when someone advances or wins.  What does that really mean?  Don’t they all deserve to win if they get the votes?  If they’re invited to participate?  If the viewers are so entertained that they want them to win?  We all know a small group are chosen to be finalists right from the get go.... and partnered with pros that they think will take them there.   The judges over score them ... fawn all over them and give saccharine praise at nauseam ... the rest get over criticized and picked on and when they decide it’s time for them to go ... super low scores.   

IMO Bobby deserved that win... he entertained the audience the most .... period.  Was he the best dancer ... heck no!  But this show has never been about the best dancer ... that ship sailed a long time ago .. :yes:

@northernviewer

I’ll take a shot at that question while I’m taking a break. 
IMO...A person who loves music is not ok with someone singing off key and ruining song afTer beautiful song. A person who is an excellent seamstress is not ok with crooked seams and inferior fabrics and missing buttons. Dog lovers are not fond of people who mistreat their animals. Excellent cooks or just plain excellent foodies who love to eat, do not appreciate poorly prepared meals. Health nuts are annoyed by smokers. I am not a ballroom dancer but I do have dance skills and I LOVE the art of dance. I’m not ok with a lousy dancer continuing in the competition when much better dancers are losing and going home. I would have been fine with any of the other three of the final four taking home the mirror ball. They were all good dancers who IMO would have deserved it. 

Bobby and (Grocery Store) Chicago Joe are two great guys who should have gone home weeks ago. The voting process that enabled them to stay should be restructured, IMO. It’s a dance competition, I don’t care who wins as long as they can truly dance. To me that means that almost anyone except Bobby or, Joe would have been fine.  All JMO.

I didn't watch this season or the last several precisely because of issues like this. If they want to invite people on the show who are popular, but not good dancers then what is the point of the judging? If they know who they want to win before the season starts and then do everything to make sure that happens....better/more popular pro, better music, fawning judges, then what is the point of judging? I don't get p*ssed when people vote for who their favourites are...even if they are worse dancers...because it ticks me off that they are placed in that position anyway. When they have people who are almost professional dancers, then why bother putting anyone who has no dancing experience on the show at all? This is the stuff that ticks me off.

What set me over the edge was the season when Canadian James Hinchcliffe was on and ended up second against Laurie Hernandez. Here was a guy with no dancing experience against an Olympic gymnast who obviously trains to music and does choreography on a regular basis. He was great and improved the whole show. She was fresh off the Olympics and an American darling. So what happens? All of a sudden, Canadians are not able to vote. Gee, I wonder why?

They...producers, judges manipulate the voting in multitudes of ways...not the fans. I can't get mad at fans when they then give them a piece of their own medicine in the only way they can!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Sprite wrote:What set me over the edge was the season when Canadian James Hinchcliffe was on and ended up second against Laurie Hernandez. Here was a guy with no dancing experience against an Olympic gymnast who obviously trains to music and does choreography on a regular basis. He was great and improved the whole show. She was fresh off the Olympics and an American darling. So what happens? All of a sudden, Canadians are not able to vote. Gee, I wonder why?

They...producers, judges manipulate the voting in multitudes of ways...not the fans. I can't get mad at fans when they then give them a piece of their own medicine in the only way they can!!!

I'm not even Canadian but that season ticked me off to no end. That is the season Sharna should have gotten her mirror ball trophy.  I voted for him the whole season.  I don't think I watched a full season since then until this season.  I ended up really like Evanna even though I had no idea who she was (not a HP fan).

One thing about Bobby winning... people are still talking about it! (But not always in a good way deadhorse  )

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:17 pm

@Sprite. I’m in total agreement with you .   It’s not the voting that needs to be restructured IMO ... they need to stop pitting ringers and total amateurs against each other .... do a season of ringers and a season of true amateurs ... now that would be the fair way to do do it IMO and not let production and judges try to rig the competition ...that’s the true issue of what’s wrong with this show.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:19 pm

northernviewer wrote:@Sprite. I’m in total agreement with you .   It’s not the voting that needs to be restructured IMO ... they need to stop pitting ringers and total amateurs against each other .... do a season of ringers and a season of true amateurs ... now that would be the fair way to do do it IMO and not let production and judges try to rig the competition ...that’s the true issue of what’s wrong with this show.
@northernviewer
Imo, People with little or no talent should not be cast period because it makes no sense to have Kareem Abdul Jabber, Chaka Khan, Kim Kardashian and others like them participate in a dance competition. It’s not fair or entertaining, IMO. On the other hand, a non dancer with talent like Brandy (who was a singer who couldn’t dance for years and transformed to an incredible dancer under Max’s tutelage) or, Evanna who also evolved beautifully with Keo, is wonderful to watch week after week as they increase their skill and confidence. 

It’s not realistic, IMO to expect to see “stars” with no dance training because by definition most people interested in performance on stage or screen have dance and voice and acting lessons and stage moms make sure kids like Milo and Britney Spears and Zendaya get the basics, early. How much training is not always readily apparent but, gymnasts and figure skaters and football players have a lot generally and the much needed physical conditioning to help them excel.

I love this show, watch every season and generally enjoy it. Some people don’t trust the judges. I don’t trust the audience because they clearly enjoy running a popularity contest irrespective of lack of dance talent which IMO, defeats the whole purpose just the same as mismatched skill levels and judges’ favor. I do not want to see potentially beautiful dances hacked and pros given impossible tasks so for me, increasing the judges’ influence is a strategy they should start calibrating to develop a better result. I hope tptb does and think they will. Regardless, most times I’m happy with the winner. Just like in sports or elections or anything else, everyone is never happy with the outcome of a competition and sometimes it costs the show or team fans and that’s ok.  JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:02 pm

@Chgohighlife. Exactly ... the problem lies with production ... but I’m certainly not going to blame the viewing audience for not falling into line or kowtowing to do what production wants ... that’s just giving to manipulation IMO. Voting for who entertains us what this show is about ... whereas shows like So You Think you can Dance is more about actually dance expertise ... DWTS is nothing more than manufactured entertainment...  So the audience wasn’t led by a nose ring this season ... good for them  clapping!

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:34 pm

northernviewer wrote:@Chgohighlife. Exactly ... the problem lies with production ... but I’m certainly not going to blame the viewing audience for not falling into line or kowtowing to do what production wants ... that’s just giving to manipulation IMO. Voting for who entertains us what this show is about ... whereas shows like So You Think you can Dance is more about actually dance expertise ... DWTS is nothing more than manufactured entertainment...  So the audience wasn’t led by a nose ring this season ... good for them  clapping!
@northernviewer
I’m sure you’re right...”manufactured entertainment” just like The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise where ratings rule and the stated purpose (best dancer, best potential lifelong mate) is just an inside joke for TPTB and the joke is on the audience/fans. There is an upside to losing to Bobby IMO; As a competitor, it’s probably easier to lose to someone like Bobby because at least everyone knows you didn’t lose to someone more talented and that could be more palatable for some than losing to a better dancer. It would be for me. 

**Edited**:  All JMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 am

When I read online that Bobby won I was speechless and didn't watch. What a mess this show has become. Sure Bobby was entertaining but I prefer when the winner can actually dance. And yes I'm glad Sharna finally won but for this to be her first win? Blah.

I really hope Mark and/or Maks comes back the next season or else I'm probably going to skip out.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 8367-910 DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 I_got_13 DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 20 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:39 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
northernviewer wrote:@Chgohighlife. Exactly ... the problem lies with production ... but I’m certainly not going to blame the viewing audience for not falling into line or kowtowing to do what production wants ... that’s just giving to manipulation IMO. Voting for who entertains us what this show is about ... whereas shows like So You Think you can Dance is more about actually dance expertise ... DWTS is nothing more than manufactured entertainment...  So the audience wasn’t led by a nose ring this season ... good for them  clapping!
@northernviewer
I’m sure you’re right...”manufactured entertainment” just like The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise where ratings rule and the stated purpose (best dancer, best potential lifelong mate) is just an inside joke for TPTB and the joke is on the audience/fans. There is an upside to losing to Bobby IMO; As a competitor, it’s probably easier to lose to someone like Bobby because at least everyone knows you didn’t lose to someone more talented and that could be more palatable for some than losing to a better dancer. It would be for me. 

It looks like they’ve outdone themselves with poor Colton. His season appears to have a higher fake drama quotient than Arie’s from what the previews/production teasers show. I’m here for that too. cantstopl  All JMO.

I’m so over all this manufactured “reality” tv.   IMO ... the Voice is one of the few “real” ones .... love how the judges are behind each and every contestant, give praise to all regardless of who the coach is. All criticism and sarcasm goes to each other in good fun.... the contestants get nothing but love or fair critique and encouragement.  If the Judges on DWTS treated their contestants with the same amount of respect .... it would be much easier to watch IMO and I think the audience would vote differently.

IMO ... the audience is just tired of the a$$hole judges who try to get a laugh each week at the expense of contestants who put so much time and effort in training each week, even if they have no natural rhythm.

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

+24
cookielover12
George1218
Zaynab
casjacknick
RealityEscape