SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 56 of 61 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by GinaRose Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:42 am

Julie81 wrote:
GinaRose wrote:10 Things We Learned About Bachelor’s Cassie Randolph Based on Her Show ‘Young Once’

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/10-facts-about-bachelors-cassie-randolph-based-on-young-once/her-mom-gives-great-love-life-advice/

Cassie pursues an online graduate degree in speech pathology throughout season 2, (Young Once) but she has doubts about her professional future. “Along the way, there are so many cool opportunities that become available. I don’t want to be close-minded to anything else,” she admitted. “It’s hard for me to make really big decisions because I don’t know if it’s what I want or if it’s not. That’s why my brain is so scattered. If I want one thing from God, it’s to make my path clearer to me. Or make me content in not being clear.”

I can relate to the bolded on so many levels, y’all. I truly can. This is why I can’t fault Cassie on her decision to leave when she did. I am the exact same way. I have prayed this exact same prayer to God, that He will make my path clearer and if not, help me to be ok when it’s not.

I can’t  wait to see how the reconciliation occurs. It’s going to be the most dramatic finale for sure laugh out loud

I can't wait.   Whatever happens in the finale,  it will be real, because these are two real people.  I like real people, scars and all.

From that same article:

For those who say Cassie is only there for the fame...........

“I do want to get married. I could meet the right person tomorrow, I could meet the right person in a year,” she noted. “I think God should be the foundation of that relationship, especially because I’m a Christian and that’s the most important thing to me in finding someone. God fits into every single area of our lives, especially a relationship as important as finding your life partner.”

I think they are as perfect a match as I've ever see.

Last edited by GinaRose on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

GinaRose

Back to top Go down

internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:46 am

Cassie is unfortunately setting her expectations based on the dream love her father describes. IMO, The great majority of people never have that lightning bolt kind of love. They meet and like/are attracted to someone but the road to love and marriage is frequently more crooked than straight as Cassie will learn when she is older and more experienced (like most of us are).

IMO, Matt immediately fell in love with her mom and convinced her she felt the same because he just craftily writes a great script for people who care about him to follow. Clearly and truly, I do not like what Matt represents, IMO. I never attracted that kind of man because I’m not the type of woman they like but, I have seen several Matts in my day and their ability to get people to cooperate with what they want is remarkable. IMO Colton’s love, devotion, resolve and protection are a match for ole Matt’s manipulation and I can’t wait to see it all play out and see Colton win. I’m here for it. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:50 pm

I guess I'm in the minority here because as a parent I understand where matt is coming from. I think he felt cassie was playing on an unequal playing field because tptb pull all the strings re how the show is constructed and how it is supposed to end. As a parent i would definitely want to underscore - repeatedly if necessary - that cassie did not need to accept a proposal until she was sure that she had met the One. I really didn't hear (I will try to find it and rewatch) him say anything against Colton, nor did I interpret his points as meaning Colton could never be the One, just that at that moment cassie wasn't sure and really needed to be sure to accept a proposal. I think if cassie could have been more definite in what she wanted she would have had Matt's support. As a religious family I think it's unrealistic to expect them to take engagement at the end as an agreement to date...that just runs counter to how seriously they take commitment. I suspect if either cassie or matt had thought just ending with an agreement to date was an option that would've resolved the issue very neatly.

Similarly I think Cassie's saying to matt that she loved Colton, in the context of Christian family values, might not have been as clear a signal to Matt as it might appear to those who have not been raised to prize brotherly/sisterly (agape) love, a form of love which does not necessarily have to evolve into romantic love/engagement.  Jmho.....off to locate the clip and watch again.

In the long run, the way this turned out may have been a blessing in the long term...giving tptb's rules more sway over cassie than the family values in which she was raised might have caused there to be far greater pressure on the relationship post-atfr, and thus led to its early demise. I kinda think matt did the right thing, though he will be the scapegoat, it seems. Jmho. Even Vanessa g. Has recently remarked that she never wanted to get engaged at the end...her father wasn't able to give a wholehearted blessing either. Vanessa wishes she had not had to accept a proposal, and seems to understand where the Randolph's are coming from. (And yes, I do believe matt used the plural we in speaking of what the Randolph's hoped for for cassie, meaning at minimum his wife was likely on board. I read her ig story, but it think she was clarifying for the public that at the time she got engaged she knew.... Which I think, even if it was not expressed well, was what matt hoped for for cassie as well.)
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:58 pm

@Maddy Thanks for posting Sharleen's thoughts. She is quite inciteful!

I wonder how many more seasons The Bachelor is going to survive in the current environment of showing women at their strongest? Having a bachelor seek a father's permission to consider asking for his daughter to be engaged or married to him seems very outdated. This season really played that up - I mean how strange was it for Colton to ask Tayshia's dad when she'd already been married and divorced? I can see that Cassie still living at home might be different. But how realistic is it for Cassie to consider being engaged when she knew her parents values wouldn't support it?

Although I find Cassie endearing, I think the young girls are clueless about life and the decisions that real life can entail. I find Colton to be far more mature than I expected and my respect for him has grown. However, he's quite conservative and conventional - it would be refreshing to have a bachelor who truly embrasses a woman as his equal and is ready to make sacrifices to help his partner achieve her best life as well. Sean, no. Ben, no. Nick would have done it but didn't find long lasting love. Ari, no. I'd love to see a bachelor like JP who didn't sacrifice his career but altered it somewhat to build a life with his love, who had professional path to follow as well. Now that would be a fairy tale!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:04 pm

Sharleen wrote:In the evening, Colton wants to smooth over the Fatherly Blessing conversation, while—understandably, given the conversation she’d just had—Cassie isn’t really down to let it go. But, I didn’t love the following exchange…
internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Gif7
After watching the above, in my notes I called Cassie “a bit of a brat”. To me, this one little exchange made her seem like she’d be a pretty difficult partner (at least at this point in her life), the kind who’s easygoing until she’s not, the type to pick fights for the sake of fighting. Given Colton cannot CHANGE whether or not he got Cassie’s Fatherly Blessing, he responds kindly and as well as he possibly can. He’s not deterred by this roadblock and expresses it well. But it’s not enough for her. Or rather, it’s nothing she didn’t already “know”. I can’t help but wonder what the point of her question was if not to passive aggressively pick a fight.

Cassie finally reveals that her father casually swung by her hotel room earlier, and in this moment, everything changes…
internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Gif8
I touched on this on The Morning After, but not only is this the moment where you can see Colton realize he, too, is a lab rat, it’s also the pivot in terms of his eventual “f*uck it”  attitude. Up until this point, Colton had not done or said any faux-pas from a production standpoint, but to me, this is where it becomes a full-blown free-for-all. And understandably so. After all, if they’re going to go behind his back and fly in his number one girl’s dad to potentially change her mind for the worse, he’s sure as hell allowed to kibosh the “rules” about getting engaged and telling his favorite she’s his favorite.

The best “rule” broken? It’s having THE LEAD HIMSELF bluntly declare the strict timeline of this show unrealistic…
internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Gif10
Exhibit A of the “f*uck it” attitude.
From the perspective of this show having a ridiculous timeline and in many ways dooming its own love stories, I LOVE Cassie’s argument in the above .GIF. Remember, I too couldn’t see myself “getting there”, so I have a deep appreciation for Cassie shining a light on how something we’ve all come to accept as normal is actually just the opposite.

That said, Cassie, unfortunately, doesn’t seem to be at the point in her life where she can really appreciate and reciprocate the sort of feelings one is supposed to go on this show to find. Upon hearing Colton’s following declaration of love, hopefully, the object of his affections might reciprocate that declaration. But if she didn’t reciprocate those feelings, you’d hope she would be moved by the words. But even if she weren’t moved, you’d hope she’d at the very least be empathetic. But even if she felt no empathy, you’d hope she’d at least be polite.

But NOOOOOO. Not only is Cassie not reciprocal, not moved, not empathetic, and not polite, she responds by deflecting, even becoming accusatory in the process…
internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Gif11
Exhibit B of the “f*uck it” attitude.
I know she’s only 23, but I don’t think age is an excuse here. You can be 23 and still not respond so dismissively (and almost cruelly) to the declaration of love of someone you purport to care deeply about.

Another frustration of mine with Cassie throughout this whole scene was how self-centered she came off. (I already discussed it over at Flare so I won’t repeat myself.) BUT, I realize I’m dissecting this from a very black and white, standards-of-behavior perspective. I had a harsher take on Cassie in this scene than either Claire or Emma, which surprised me. So, lest you think I’m being too hard on Cassie, I’ll provide some interesting food for thought from reader Anna:
“From what we hear, Cassie grew up in a very conservative household. As someone who has also grown up in a strict, Bible teaching house I understand her dilemma with some things. For myself, I grew up with high standards and was always told what those standards and convictions should be and given Biblical reasons for why it has to be that way. After college, I really struggled with who I was as a person and whether I should continue in the standards and expectations set for me or if I should find my own path. I chose the latter and in the process, deeply struggled with those convictions and especially with what I would look for in a partner, not what I was always TOLD to look for. I see that exact dilemma with Cassie. While her father talked, I saw my own father in every bit of that conversation. There was some key terminology her father used that showed his thinking is a very strict Biblical mindset.

First of all, it is clear she has not held herself to the standards taught growing up. This is a wonderful growth in a person, however, she most likely feels guilt for stepping away from those high moral standards. Additionally, since she is only 23 years old and still finding herself, she is still learning what her personal convictions and beliefs are, and therefore, is unsure what her non-negotiables are when looking for a life partner. To me, it seems clear there was a non-negotiable that came up in her relationship with Colton and she felt torn whether that should in fact affect the relationship or she should re-think her initial standard. And I feel her saying she “didn’t know” to Colton was more she didn’t know what her standards should be.

I know these are very typical feelings for every young adult, however, due to her upbringing, that adds an extra level of internal turmoil, that others who didn’t grow up with such strict biblical teachings don’t deal with.”

I appreciate this insight. I was not raised in a conservative, religious household and cannot know how it might have affected Cassie’s decision-making (and possibly her behavior) during this break up. Obviously there are countless ways to analyze and present this, so let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Poor Colton. I had to make a .GIF of him holding Cassie while he shook. You can see in his eyes the moment he realizes it may be the last time he holds her…
internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Gif9

I do think Cassie’s general approach was to go into this with a “this is for YOU” vibe, making it more about Colton finding what he’s looking for and less about her needs. But this backfired big time, obviously. So, to me, it felt like as we watched Colton scramble to disprove her arguments, she scrambled for new ones. She began with “not knowing” if she felt she could get there, to it being about the timeline and how if she had more time she might feel differently, to finally, the only argument Colton couldn’t refute…
internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 56 Gif14
Colton proved what a consummate gentleman he is by, once hearing this, dropping it completely. He shelved his heartbreak and instantly went from trying to change her mind to respecting her decision. I know I’ve harped on his youth a lot this season, but the way he handled himself here showed maturity and strength beyond his years.
http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor23/episode9

Last edited by Maddy on Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by GinaRose Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Matt didn't have 30 women he'd never laid eyes on standing in front of him to choose from.

GinaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:16 pm

Ok, imho at this point, imho Sharleen is simply picking Cassie apart, for things she said, did, and things she didn't say and didn't do. I've never read her lay into someone this much, pick them apart so thoroughly, and nothing Cassie did or said was right. Even the smallest "I get Cassie's point"  was followed with a BUT. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:20 pm

I don’t agree with her assessment of Cassie of course. I don’t think it’s fair to pick someone apart in such a way without knowing them. JMO.

Billymom, I agreed with Matt with not giving his blessing. What normal, rational father would!? I also liked his sound advice to her about really listening to your heart. What I don’t agree with is him flying there to further insert himself into her decisions. At some point you have to let your children learn to fly and make their own decisions. It may be the wrong one, but it’s theirs to make. I think he was manipulated as well though.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:33 pm

I wonder also if the fantasy suite had not been upcoming if cassie might have continued the journey at least a bit longer. I think she had already expressed her awareness that she was part of a community that would be affected by her choices on the show, or something to that effect....?

Returning to matt...I hear you about allowing your child to make her own decision. But I don't know too many people who have decided to get married without lengthy conversations about it with the people closest to them. Matt clearly hadn't felt they had had ample opportunities for conversation at htds....nor did he have phone access to cassie. Cassie was pretty much on her own and at the mercies of tptb. I can see if they approached him with the chance to see her one more time that he would not have turned it down. I also think that if tptb had not dictated the time frame of their meetup he might have had the opportunity for more listening/ give-and-take with his daughter. But under what looked to me to be a time constraint (really, how long did he seem to be there, editing notwithstanding? The visit sure seemed rushed to me, especially coming in between the day and night portions if the date, damn those producers, laugh out loud), I guess he felt he had to be very point blank about what he felt needed saying, which I guess to some viewers came across as very controlling. Jmo

Truly, we are laying a lot of the blame for Cassie's confusion at dad's feet....when i think it was really the byproduct of the show's timetable, IMHO...

Last edited by Billysmom on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:48 pm

@Billysmom

I definitely think that's a factor. I also think, that her father's sudden visit brought up that inner turmoil the person who wrote to Sharleen from their conservative background viewpoint, to the front very strongly. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:Ok, imho at this point, imho Sharleen is simply picking Cassie apart, for things she said, did, and things she didn't say and didn't do. I've never read her lay into someone this much, pick them apart so thoroughly, and nothing Cassie did or said was right. Even the smallest "I get Cassie's point"  was followed with a BUT. Jmo.
I agree with you "Cocoasneeze"- Who is this Sharleen and why does her opinion matter? She does not personally know her does she? To judge a person on a few "edited" things they have said- would put us all on the chopping block. IMO Not many of us would react our best with a camera in our face and then have even our sentences edited for the most dramatic effect. Bottom line is Colton knows her better than the critics and he said he Loves her and wants to continue with her- which I believe he does. So all these "opinions" will vanish away and what is real will remain. (All JMO)
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm

[quote="Maddy"]
Sharleen wrote:

First of all, it is clear she has not held herself to the standards taught growing up. This is a wonderful growth in a person, however, she most likely feels guilt for stepping away from those high moral standards. Additionally, since she is only 23 years old and still finding herself, she is still learning what her personal convictions and beliefs are, and therefore, is unsure what her non-negotiables are when looking for a life partner. To me, it seems clear there was a non-negotiable that came up in her relationship with Colton and she felt torn whether that should in fact affect the relationship or she should re-think her initial standard. And I feel her saying she “didn’t know” to Colton was more she didn’t know what her standards should be.

I love what Sharleen says about Cassie and feel it applies to so many young women.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 61 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+71
eliza3
Chgohighlife
philphan
Lucas15
Doggoneit