SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 58 of 61 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by lavenderfan Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:39 pm

So it seems like Cassie has been with Colton this whole week or for a chunk of this week. Michelle and Caelynn have been hanging out with each other, but no cassie. Yesterday Michelle went to dinner with her parents and Caelynn but no cassie.

YOU GUYS. 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL we start seeing cute lovey dovey IG posts from Colton and Cassie. I can already sense Colton's excitement with his social media posts.

lavenderfan

Back to top Go down

internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Billysmom Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Tbh I wasn't clear about whether cassie wanted Colton to be annoyed at her dad, or whether cassie was upset that Colton wasn't yielding to the impediment that was her dad's inability to give his blessing. I found her communication skills in that moment sorely lacking, though I cut her slack as that was a tough conversation to have even in real life much more so in Bach life....especially with Colton shaking like a leaf, poor thing. I think time would be their best ally in honing their (her) communication...I hope Colton allows for that time before marriage, in spite of the intensity of their chemistry. Jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:12 pm

avacaroline wrote:I think the varied reaction to Cassie and her family on this board and on social media is indicative of just how difficult it can be to understand someone with different religious and moral values than your own. As a Christian, none of this seems out of the ordinary, weird, abusive, over-controlling, repressive, etc.... to me.  It’ is biblical to honor your father and mother... even as an adult.  Not “obey” but honor. The fact that she listened to their concerns and took them to heart was exactly what her faith asks of her.  It is biblical to show discernment, to seek God in everything, and to wait for Him to show you His will.  Clearly, Cassie wasn’t sure what God had for her at that moment. She needed to step back and search her heart and listen for God’s voice in it all.  Non Christians might not understand it, might not agree with it, might not like it.....but it’s who she is and it’s what she and her family believe in. She wasn’t ready in that moment and so she pumped the breaks and did what was best for her.  It seems like they reconciled so, in the end, she did things on her own terms and the way in which she was comfortable. To me, that’s incredibly admirable and shows a great deal of maturity in her faith. Just because someone has religious values doesn’t mean that they are weak or wrong or immature.  

And the argument that she shouldn’t have gone on a reality show that expects to end in an engagement if she wasn’t sure she would be ready.... IMO is ridiculous.  I longed to be married for several years before I met and was actually ready to marry my husband. Being READY to get married and actually finding the person that you are ready to say YES to, are completely different things.  

It’s intersting to me that the same people that show distaste for Cassie and her family’s conservative values, are the same ones that are livid that she didn’t mindlessly follow along with the formula of a reality tv show.  In my opinion, it takes a much stronger woman to say no and recognize that you aren’t ready than to say yes because that’s what you’re “supposed” to do.

Go Cassie!

ETA:  all of my statements about Cassie and her family’s beliefs are my opinions based on what I have seen and heard them say on YO, The Bachelor, and social media.

@avacaroline, I don’t see a trace of Christian values or sensibilities in the speech or actions of Cassie or, her father, IMO. Colton made it quite clear he is not trying to force her to do anything she is not comfortable with doing from a religious or any other perspective. He told her this, point blank and more than once. There may be a strong effort afoot to make this outcome up to this point some huge moral victory but, it simply isn’t about morals or, faith based decisions at all, IMO. Cassie said things that hurt his feeling, unnecessarily. Basically, I hope you find someone who really loves you. IMO, A woman with a strong Christian foundation would not have come from such a cruelly disrespectful place.

IMO Cassie is just a garden variety indecisive 23 year old and her dad is just a typical macho - I’ll confuse you and take advantage of your indecision and lack of confidence to get you to do what I think is best.

Only Colton brought God to this sorry little party. In Colton I saw a pure spirit who would not sleep with any girl just because he could, who let each woman down as easily and carefully as he could, who was understanding when he recognized Cassie’s confusion, who put her needs, first. Who clearly could be seen listening and attempting to compromise.

Much of what went wrong this season came from his willingness to listen and respect the voice of each woman when clearly that was a source of his confusion.

IMO, Matt’s a marginally skilled manipulator of his daughter who loves him and lacks confidence in herself and Cassie is a beautiful, somewhat clueless young woman who has landed two reality shows because she laughs and cries beautifully, on camera. OTOH Colton is a solid, respectful, moral and selfless sweetheart who cares a great deal about Cassie and clearly recognizes but is not happy about the games TPTB play. All IMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:21 pm

@avacaroline I am definitely one of those people with different religious and (to some extent) moral values from Cassie. When I first read about her and the school she went to I never expected to care for her. I figured she would be zealous and possibly bigoted.

The fact is, I liked her from the minute I saw her, and I am happy to have been proven wrong. I find her honest, kind and genuine. As someone said (in an IG post that Colton’s mom liked), beautiful inside and out. I love how she doesn’t give in to the ridiculous demands of the show format, like the mandatory monkey jump. Her “I said ‘journey’, take a shot” the other day shows her awareness in a funny way.
When Cassie (and you) say “listen for God’s voice” I might say “be true to yourself”, but in the end I think what we mean is similar.

However, I don’t approve of Matt’s attempts to control his adult daughter, I have serious issues with how her “community” might disapprove of her life choices, and Biola gives me the creeps. I hope this experience will free her from some old ties.
All my respectful opinions.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kmick0890 Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:04 pm

lavenderfan wrote:So it seems like Cassie has been with Colton this whole week or for a chunk of this week. Michelle and Caelynn have been hanging out with each other, but no cassie. Yesterday Michelle went to dinner with her parents and Caelynn but no cassie.

YOU GUYS. 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL we start seeing cute lovey dovey IG posts from Colton and Cassie. I can already sense Colton's excitement with his social media posts.

I think they've been together this week too. They've both been super quiet on SM this week. I think it's killing Colton not being able to defend her.
kmick0890
kmick0890

Back to top Go down

Post by GinaRose Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:18 pm

With the time change we have one less hour to wait. giggling

GinaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Billysmom wrote:Tbh I wasn't clear about whether cassie wanted Colton to be annoyed at her dad, or whether cassie was upset that Colton wasn't yielding to the impediment that was her dad's inability to give his blessing.  I found her communication skills in that moment sorely lacking, though I cut her slack as that was a tough conversation to have even in real life much more so in Bach life....especially with Colton shaking like a leaf, poor thing. I think time would be their best ally in honing their (her) communication...I hope Colton allows for that time before marriage, in spite of the intensity of their chemistry. Jmo

I wanted Colton to look her in the eye and say that they would work it out together as the team that they are going to be.   Unfortunately I think he was totally blindsided and as you said wasn't clearly expressing himself, because I believe he thinks of them that way.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:01 pm

I saw this on Cassie’s IG! She posted it in 2017! If this isn’t a sign that they’re meant to be then......
ETA Colton has 29:11 tattooed on his arm...

internationalwomensday - Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 58 549ed410
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:15 pm

avacaroline wrote:I think the varied reaction to Cassie and her family on this board and on social media is indicative of just how difficult it can be to understand someone with different religious and moral values than your own. As a Christian, none of this seems out of the ordinary, weird, abusive, over-controlling, repressive, etc.... to me.  It’ is biblical to honor your father and mother... even as an adult.  Not “obey” but honor. The fact that she listened to their concerns and took them to heart was exactly what her faith asks of her.  It is biblical to show discernment, to seek God in everything, and to wait for Him to show you His will.  Clearly, Cassie wasn’t sure what God had for her at that moment. She needed to step back and search her heart and listen for God’s voice in it all.  Non Christians might not understand it, might not agree with it, might not like it.....but it’s who she is and it’s what she and her family believe in. She wasn’t ready in that moment and so she pumped the breaks and did what was best for her.  It seems like they reconciled so, in the end, she did things on her own terms and the way in which she was comfortable. To me, that’s incredibly admirable and shows a great deal of maturity in her faith. Just because someone has religious values doesn’t mean that they are weak or wrong or immature.  

And the argument that she shouldn’t have gone on a reality show that expects to end in an engagement if she wasn’t sure she would be ready.... IMO is ridiculous.  I longed to be married for several years before I met and was actually ready to marry my husband. Being READY to get married and actually finding the person that you are ready to say YES to, are completely different things.  

It’s intersting to me that the same people that show distaste for Cassie and her family’s conservative values, are the same ones that are livid that she didn’t mindlessly follow along with the formula of a reality tv show.  In my opinion, it takes a much stronger woman to say no and recognize that you aren’t ready than to say yes because that’s what you’re “supposed” to do.

Go Cassie!

ETA:  all of my statements about Cassie and her family’s beliefs are my opinions based on what I have seen and heard them say on YO, The Bachelor, and social media.

Agree 100% with this post. Are we the same person? No, but seriously, good post.

Y’all, I’m ready for this finale already.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by kikora Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:05 pm

I really felt for Cassie when her dad appeared at her door, mostly, because she had just been reeling from finding out shortly before that her dad didn't give Colton his blessing.

Then, he appears at her door, and I have to think TPTB timed that so that her first thought/hope would be that her dad was there and was going to ask some questions/whatever and then give Colton his blessing.

Suddenly, she realizes that no, not only did her dad not give his blessing in CA, but he had (been) flown all the way over (by TPTB) to reiterate his concerns (aka not give his blessing in Portugal either)

It would be interesting to know - though of course we never will be able to because of TPTB interference in bringing Matt/timing Colton telling her prior, etc. - what Cassie would ultimately have decided if she simply had to reconcile her dad not giving his blessing previously in CA, and how she'd have handled things the rest of the evening after some time alone getting ready, etc. and then going to meet Colton for the dinner/FS portion. Would she have decided to walk away anyway? Would she have decided to move forward hesitantly and hope they could figure it out and perhaps a later-by-phone type blessing might come like Melissa's family during Jason's season? Would she have said 'who cares' and moved forward without much reservation? Or some other possibility? Obviously we'll never know.

But my first thought even knowing Matt was coming, but watching it play out was just how much her mind must have been reeling not just with him coming, but likely with hope and anticipation, only to have it totally smashed.

Anxious for the finale with all of you!

kikora

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:39 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:
Maddy wrote:
Sharleen wrote:

First of all, it is clear she has not held herself to the standards taught growing up. This is a wonderful growth in a person, however, she most likely feels guilt for stepping away from those high moral standards. Additionally, since she is only 23 years old and still finding herself, she is still learning what her personal convictions and beliefs are, and therefore, is unsure what her non-negotiables are when looking for a life partner. To me, it seems clear there was a non-negotiable that came up in her relationship with Colton and she felt torn whether that should in fact affect the relationship or she should re-think her initial standard. And I feel her saying she “didn’t know” to Colton was more she didn’t know what her standards should be.

I love what Sharleen says about Cassie and feel it applies to so many young women.

IA as well. She makes sense in every sentence especially about marrying someone who you're "suppose" to marry rather than someone you want to marry, speaking from experience. Is Cassie saying if her father didn't give his blessing's then no way does she even want to date him?

I still cannot come up with any explanation as to why it was important for Cassie to be annoyed, or whatever she was feeling, that Colton wasn't angrier than he was. If Colton was livid and thrashing things around would that have made her feel better? That's really out there in my world to want someone to be really p*ssed for "ME". Not only did Cassie come off script, so did Colton, making sure he let her know, the fact that her Dad didn't give his blessing's, doesn't change how he feels, nor does he expect an engagement. No other lead that I can recall revealed his feelings like Colton did. Also, I'm not a fan of "I'm not there yet, I don't know if I can get there". She leaves, and he doesn't give up.  IMHO that's a horrible selfish thing to say to someone who is pouring out their heart. She could have been honest, to me she wasn't, because everything he was offering was not helping. I think there were some underlying reason's that we aren't aware of. Is Colton going to always wonder now if she's certain or not? To me there are hints of wanting the chase. Wanting Colton to be more angry, offering no pressure in engagement didn't even fizz on her, Colton being realistic, Cassie wishing he finds the one who loves him, that's something the contestants say to the lead when they are let go. Nothing changed her mind, she wanted to go.

You can honour your parents, and not take their advice. IMHO there's nothing wrong with that. Her father simply said if you're not feeling it don't let it go on too long. I would have said the same thing. Even after Colton took the engagement off the table, she still didn't know. She said that several times. She doesn't like him enough to stay?because that's what it looked like to me. You either like someone on a first date or you don't. How could she not know how she feels.

She just seemed very immature to me during the break up, without any real explanation that made any sense to me.

I thought Sharleen had some solid & insightful thoughts on how this date/conversation went down. I like Cassie, but it’s really hard not to argue a lot of what Sharleen says.

She also gives the goods on the production side of the show that are telling. I like that she published the notion that Harrison’s segment of the fence jump was likely filmed after the fact. And how CH is actually barely around. :yes:
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by avacaroline Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:56 pm

jojo47 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:
Maddy wrote:
Sharleen wrote:

First of all, it is clear she has not held herself to the standards taught growing up. This is a wonderful growth in a person, however, she most likely feels guilt for stepping away from those high moral standards. Additionally, since she is only 23 years old and still finding herself, she is still learning what her personal convictions and beliefs are, and therefore, is unsure what her non-negotiables are when looking for a life partner. To me, it seems clear there was a non-negotiable that came up in her relationship with Colton and she felt torn whether that should in fact affect the relationship or she should re-think her initial standard. And I feel her saying she “didn’t know” to Colton was more she didn’t know what her standards should be.

I love what Sharleen says about Cassie and feel it applies to so many young women.

IA as well. She makes sense in every sentence especially about marrying someone who you're "suppose" to marry rather than someone you want to marry, speaking from experience. Is Cassie saying if her father didn't give his blessing's then no way does she even want to date him?

I still cannot come up with any explanation as to why it was important for Cassie to be annoyed, or whatever she was feeling, that Colton wasn't angrier than he was. If Colton was livid and thrashing things around would that have made her feel better? That's really out there in my world to want someone to be really p*ssed for "ME". Not only did Cassie come off script, so did Colton, making sure he let her know, the fact that her Dad didn't give his blessing's, doesn't change how he feels, nor does he expect an engagement. No other lead that I can recall revealed his feelings like Colton did. Also, I'm not a fan of "I'm not there yet, I don't know if I can get there". She leaves, and he doesn't give up.  IMHO that's a horrible selfish thing to say to someone who is pouring out their heart. She could have been honest, to me she wasn't, because everything he was offering was not helping. I think there were some underlying reason's that we aren't aware of. Is Colton going to always wonder now if she's certain or not? To me there are hints of wanting the chase. Wanting Colton to be more angry, offering no pressure in engagement didn't even fizz on her, Colton being realistic, Cassie wishing he finds the one who loves him, that's something the contestants say to the lead when they are let go. Nothing changed her mind, she wanted to go.

You can honour your parents, and not take their advice. IMHO there's nothing wrong with that. Her father simply said if you're not feeling it don't let it go on too long. I would have said the same thing. Even after Colton took the engagement off the table, she still didn't know. She said that several times. She doesn't like him enough to stay?because that's what it looked like to me. You either like someone on a first date or you don't. How could she not know how she feels.

She just seemed very immature to me during the break up, without any real explanation that made any sense to me.

I thought Sharleen had some solid & insightful thoughts on how this date/conversation went down. I like Cassie, but it’s really hard not to argue a lot of what Sharleen says.

She also gives the goods on the production side of the show that are telling. I like that she published the notion that Harrison’s segment of the fence jump was likely filmed after the fact. And how CH is actually barely around. :yes:

I disagree with her on the Harrison part. They all knew that Cassie had talked with her father and was planning to leave. He’s a producer so it seems very reasonable that he would be on site for this date as something BIG was about to go down.
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 61 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Cassie Randolph - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+71
eliza3
Chgohighlife
philphan
Lucas15
Doggoneit