SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Maddy Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 150365_0999-900x0
Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 150365_0356-900x0
Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 150365_0259-900x0
https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/photos/
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:35 am

Moved

TheLurker wrote:I don't know where the appropriate place to put this is, but Catherine from Colton's season opened up about her sexual assault after Caelynn shared her story. It was eloquent and powerful.
missagro_ wrote:So inspired by the strength and bravery of my fellow friend and Bachelor contestant Caelynn, who stood fiercely while sharing the story of her sexual assault this week.

Being emotionally vulnerable on national television is hard enough - but to expose your deepest wound, your biggest trauma, and your saddest injustice for the world to see takes a true act of selfless courage. I know that her willingness to relive that horrible experience has impacted so many lives and has encouraged other survivors to come forward - I know this, because I’m one of them.

Like Caelynn, I was drugged and r*ped by someone who I thought was a friend. I woke up with a bruised body, a broken spirit, and a fractured sense of security that has never fully recovered. Survivors know: when the illusion of safety is shattered by the reality of wickedness, you lose a piece of yourself.. permanently.

But our scars tell a story of eternal fortitude: we are changed, but we are here. We are survivors. We are indestructible.
Caelynn, thank you for your graceful resolve in the face of adversity. Your bravery gave me the courage I needed to share my story, and I am forever grateful for your fearlessness, and for your friendship. It’s poetic that a show about roses has allowed us to share our stories with the world - because a rose is a perennial flower. Perennial means “lasting or existing for an infinite time; continually enduring.” So let’s start a new rose challenge: if you or someone you love is a survivor of sexual assault, please comment below with a rose. Let’s stand in solidarity to remind each other that we are not alone, that together we are unbreakable - and that our fight, our courage, and our strength.. like a rose.. is continually enduring.  

rose bud
Source

Beautifully written. I cannot imagine the horror of being drugged and taken advantage of. It takes a lot of courage to talk about these types of situations but just coming forward and revealing what happened hopefully will help others heal.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71353

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Catherine Agro - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+3