SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 19 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Diversity diversity yak yak yak.  "Look at us!  See how not racist we are!"  The phrase "token gesture" springs to mind but at least TPTB are trying... I guess?

Channel Ten has previously come under fire for the lack of diversity on The Bachelor Australia.

And in a very progressive move, producers have cast a series of ethnic contestants on the new season.

Photos taken during filming at The Bachelor mansion in Sydney last week, show the first black contestant meeting Bachelor Matthew Agnew for the first time.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 DdjpdoH

Dressed in a dazzling pink layered tulle dress, the statuesque model was seen flirting up a storm with the astrophysicist, who looked dapper in a traditional black and white tuxedo.

Also competing for the Melbourne-based academic's heart is an exotic brunette, who was seen meeting him for the first while wearing an elaborate Brazilian Carnival-inspired costume.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 AZmXSBp

While Channel Ten is yet to unveil all of this year's contestants, the addition of at least two ethnic contestants comes after years of uproar over the network's lack of diversity.

Source

ETA:  Geez DM are banging out the articles today.  This one has some different/better pics of "Marshmallow Girl"

He was reportedly an instant hit with the ladies when filming kicked off at the Bachelor mansion in Sydney last week.

And Bachelor Matthew Agnew, 31, was captivated by one particular contestant, who he pulled aside for a one-on-one chat shortly after meeting for the first time.

The Melbourne-based academic proved to be quite the romantic while feeding the blonde toasted marshmallows.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 P1qoSvL

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 CVXuT2e

Source

And we also have a video with dramatic slow mo footage and a soundtrack which appears to have been composed by a 12 year old on a 1994 Casio keyboard (royalty free, no doubt). laugh out loud I notice he touches the arm of the girl in red. I think he likes her...

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 pm

Marshmallow girl reminds me of Matilda.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Sprite wrote:Marshmallow girl reminds me of Matilda.

Agreed - she looks wholesome. :yes:

In the first pic she's carrying a basket, then when they're around the fire I see the same basket and it looks like there's a packet of marshmallows in it?  

So presumably her gift/gimmick is to ask Matt to sit & roast them with her (and hence DM are off the mark implying he singles her out for 1-on-1 time).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:42 am

Thanks for bringing the pics over @Bobette  :Thanktwo

Yup doubtful that first date girl will be F1 but will see if she goes far like many of them do. 

Hopefully some more pics to sleuth the rest of the women. Looks promising so far  thumbsup
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:21 am

He already has a Bach pad! Inside hunky scientist and new Bachelor star Matthew Agnew's $870,000 two-bedroom home in Melbourne's trendy Richmond which he owns with his mother

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6785027/Inside-Bachelor-scientist-Matthew-Agnews-870-000-two-bedroom-home-Melbournes-trendy-Richmond.html

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2299

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Just when I thought my hopes for this season couldn't get any higher - TPTB drop the L-Bomb.  They are wanting to give us a LOVE STORY.   hearthumbsup

It might all be spin but it really does seem like they've been listening to fans for once.  Unknown geek Lead, check.  Diverse casting, check.  Intending to foreground LOVE over drama, check.

Remains to be seen if they can pull it off but at this stage I give them a B+ for effort.  Fingers crossed the girls are up to scratch because you can't have a love story without a suitable F1.

'They want to give viewers a real love story': The Bachelor producers hired astrophysicist Matt Agnew after 'the novelty of celebrity suitors like Sophie Monk and Nick Cummins wore off'

Channel 10 announced last week that an unknown astrophysicist named Matthew Agnew had been cast as the new Bachelor.

It was a surprising decision for many viewers, who expected the network to pick another celebrity after Nick Cummins delivered strong ratings last year.

But according to WHO magazine, producers deliberately chose a non-famous candidate to 'refresh' the six-year-old franchise.

'The novelty of watching a celebrity search for love has worn off and producers figured that out pretty quickly after Nick's finale,' a source told the publication.

In last year's Bachelor finale, rugby star Nick shocked the nation by dumping both contestants, Brittany Hockley and Sophie Tieman, leaving the show a single man.

But according to the insider, Matt is there for the right reasons (to borrow a popular Bachelor catchphrase) and will give viewers the 'happily ever after' they deserve.

'Matt is a normal, decent guy who is genuinely looking to meet someone,' they said.

'Producers see this as a way of giving the public what they failed to give them last year - a happily ever after!'

It comes after NW magazine revealed earlier this week that Matt was an instant hit with the women at the first cocktail party.

'He seemed incredibly charming,' said an on-set source. 'He had all the girls in fits of laughter and hanging off his every word.'

Matt previously told Woman's Day that he's looking for a woman who will complement his down-to-earth nature.

'I want someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously and we can just have a laugh and fun together,' he said.

'I'm looking for a best friend, the same way I've seen so many of my friends find one in their partners.'

The Bachelor will air on Channel 10 later this year

Source

Noting what Matt is looking for in bold above:

- Complement his down to earth nature
- Fun and doesn't take herself too seriously
- Best friend (aww beatingheart)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:38 pm

Bobette wrote:
Enough wrote:Daily Telegraph has Matt on his first date. Sorry, I can't link as I am reading from the app. He looks happy. I am aure DM will regurgitate the photos
Nice one @Enough thanks!  I'll try to get the article but don't have a Daily Tele account so may not be able.  Can you tell which girl it is?  One of the above?

ETA:  Yeah I'm blocked from viewing the article but found the pics anyway (in your FACE, Daily Tele!  laugh out loud).  RIP first date girl; never ends well in the long run.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 SxBFs7Y

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 HImnKGz
Source

IMO this is First Date girl. She won't be F1 (imo per First dates never being F1) but she may go far since First Dates usually do (in F4 or more).

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 42lCtMV
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:59 pm

@AllAboutLove - Yes IA it is the same girl and also yes, Top 5 but not F1 IMO.  It's the first date curse.  laugh out loud  

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:59 pm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:05 am

AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette  Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 1377737533

bestbud!

Also re: first date girl, IMO TPTB want to proudly show off their "more diverse" casting (awkward phrasing but you know what I mean!) so makes sense for a non-caucasian to be first IMO.  I think they'll be desperate to shut the critics down early after last year's mess.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:14 am

@Bobette I know exactly what you mean Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 4256136633 They tried it already last year with Brooke so no doubt that's what they will be doing again and more so this year. 

I will give Matt benefit of the doubt that he likes her but that she is first date already tells me she won't be F1. 

From just BTS I think he likes the blondes so will see  :detective
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:18 am

Bobette wrote:Just when I thought my hopes for this season couldn't get any higher - TPTB drop the L-Bomb.  They are wanting to give us a LOVE STORY.   hearthumbsup

It might all be spin but it really does seem like they've been listening to fans for once.  Unknown geek Lead, check.  Diverse casting, check.  Intending to foreground LOVE over drama, check.

Remains to be seen if they can pull it off but at this stage I give them a B+ for effort.  Fingers crossed the girls are up to scratch because you can't have a love story without a suitable F1.

'They want to give viewers a real love story': The Bachelor producers hired astrophysicist Matt Agnew after 'the novelty of celebrity suitors like Sophie Monk and Nick Cummins wore off'

Channel 10 announced last week that an unknown astrophysicist named Matthew Agnew had been cast as the new Bachelor.

It was a surprising decision for many viewers, who expected the network to pick another celebrity after Nick Cummins delivered strong ratings last year.

But according to WHO magazine, producers deliberately chose a non-famous candidate to 'refresh' the six-year-old franchise.

'The novelty of watching a celebrity search for love has worn off and producers figured that out pretty quickly after Nick's finale,' a source told the publication.

In last year's Bachelor finale, rugby star Nick shocked the nation by dumping both contestants, Brittany Hockley and Sophie Tieman, leaving the show a single man.

But according to the insider, Matt is there for the right reasons (to borrow a popular Bachelor catchphrase) and will give viewers the 'happily ever after' they deserve.

'Matt is a normal, decent guy who is genuinely looking to meet someone,' they said.

'Producers see this as a way of giving the public what they failed to give them last year - a happily ever after!'

It comes after NW magazine revealed earlier this week that Matt was an instant hit with the women at the first cocktail party.

'He seemed incredibly charming,' said an on-set source. 'He had all the girls in fits of laughter and hanging off his every word.'

Matt previously told Woman's Day that he's looking for a woman who will complement his down-to-earth nature.

'I want someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously and we can just have a laugh and fun together,' he said.

'I'm looking for a best friend, the same way I've seen so many of my friends find one in their partners.'

The Bachelor will air on Channel 10 later this year

Source

I LOVE that the love story may be the focus this season. It's about time Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 4256136633 TPTB really dropped the ball last year with Honey Badger. Compared to Honey Badger's start, the media had tons of rumors of the women wanting to leave or not liking the lead and the opposite with Matt. Salready a good sign (whether TPTB spun or not). Hopefully they will actually give us a love story to watch this year  :fingersarecrossed

Regarding Matt saying he is looking for his best friend - I've noticed the couples that have lasted and still together (particularly Matty J/Laura, Georgia/Lee, etc) they all said they were looking for their best friend. Says it all imo and super hopeful that Matt finds his best friend this season  beatingheart :swinginglove

Noting what Matt is looking for in bold above:

- Complement his down to earth nature
- Fun and doesn't take herself too seriously
- Best friend (aww beatingheart)

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
sprout
SpoilerAlert
notarose
NancyDrew
Mommyof2