SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:07 am

@AllAboutLove I'm wondering if they're shuffling everything a bit later so they can film BiP in Jan, rather than trying to squeeze it in before Xmas?  Filming it in November has led to a lot of spoilers when the rejected Bette boys start showing up in Fiji.  laugh out loud  

Also 3-4 months is WAY TOO long to try to hide/maintain relationships IMO (look how many of them broke up before the last season aired...)  So maybe film BiP in Jan/Feb, and air it in March when the ratings season starts?

Then they could film Bach May/June/July and air in August/Sep, while they're filming Bette in early Aug/Sep ready to air in late Oct/Nov?  This article did say they aimed to extend the programming period to 50 weeks but IDK, still seems fishy to me. Suspect
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:15 am

I’d love it if they reshuffled their filming. IA it’s way too long of a wait  from filming BIP in Nov-early Dec and then only airing the finale in May 5 months later. It sets it up to fail and that none of those relationships will last when there’s such a long wait. Same reason I think there’s never been a lasting couple for Canada (bach or Bette) since they also always had to wait 6 months. Recipe for failure and no lasting relationships :/

I hope they heed your advice and stretch out the filming more! Can we get daily mail to write it up and call attention to TEN? laugh out loud
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:29 am

:yes: I totally agree about the lag time and I'm taking the scheduling change as a good sign - i.e. that they're making more room for BiP because they're adding it as a permanent fixture.  

I feel like the first 2 seasons were a bit of an experiment and season 2 was a failure IMO in part because they waited so long to air it.  So a quicker turnaround all round would be best IMO.

If they keep filming in Nov they're going to have the spoiler issue every season.  Plus, the girls won't have seen much of the current Bette reject boys on TV before they them meet in Fiji.

Leaving it till after Xmas means the Islanders will have had equal opportunity to watch each others seasons on TV, chosen their favourites, stalked their social media, and then it's game on.

See how much sense I am making Channel 10?  Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 3806527698

ETA:  Remember how they were promoting Nick with the taglines "you've never seen a Bachelor like this" etc.  Well....

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 F9YCbLt

Source

I can't read the full article because it's behind a paywall but describing her like that sounds a bit Bagery IMO. Yikes.  Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 1f62c

ETAA:  Uh oh it gets worse!  "Ready to break some hearts"?  Uuummmum... that's not the main point of the show people!  Breaking hearts is supposed to be billed as the unfortunate side-effect of finding love, remember?  Double yikes.   Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 1f62c  Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 1f62c

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 JpIUsRv

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:14 am

Contrast that with how before Matt A's premiere, Channel Ten were pushing the "he's in love! He picked someone!" angle.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:28 am

Indeed @leavers.   :yes:

I've been thinking about Beard Man who leaves the show early (probably ep 2 or 3?).  From the pap pics, Angie walks him out, looks upset... not sure if she's upset with him (i.e. pissed off) or upset because maybe he chose/had to leave and she had her eye on him.  Assuming they only cast 1-2 people as potential F1s, what if he was one of them?  

What if that meant Angie was left with all the "filler" cast?  That would balls things up. hmmm   It might be the opposite - he might be one of the guys "not there for the right reasons" who Brad dobs on.  Pretty sure that's what happens with the other guy in the pics who leaves the same night.  But the vibe with Beard Man seems different.  Hmmmm.....
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:33 am

[quote="Speaking of living in the jungle, it was her stint on I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! that piqued Network 10’s interest in casting Kent. “I left the jungle and my manager was like, ‘We have a meeting for you to be the next Bachelorette.’ I went along to the meeting and they said, ‘Do you want it?’ And I was just like, ‘Did you not just watch me in the jungle? I was disgusting! Do you seriously want me to be the next Bachelorette?’”
But as Kent models cool-casual looks for Stellar and jokes with the crew, it becomes obvious her easygoing personality is what made her a natural choice.

The marketing manager and support worker from the Sunshine Coast signed on to Gogglebox in 2015 with her best friend Yvie Jones, and her sense of humour and no-filter approach quickly won over viewers — as did the pair’s commitment to caring for rescue dogs.

“I’ve got a big mouth but a big heart,” says Kent.

“I think people see me and think, ‘She’s relatable, she’s a bit of a grub. We laugh with her and at her at the same time.’”

Kent entered The Bachelorette mansion looking for love, but there was no sob story to serve as added motivation.

In truth, she has been single — and happily so — for nearly a decade.

“I had three really good boyfriends right after the other,” explains Kent.

“I started at 16 and stopped at 21. After that, I was more interested in travelling and studying, so I have not had a proper boyfriend since.”
She also didn’t have a game plan when cameras started to roll.

“All I said was I didn’t want to be morphed into a stereotypical Bachelorette. I wanted to feel like I [was] still me — strong and independent — and that the partner I pick would match that.”

As for her TV suitors, Kent reveals she was extremely impressed with the line-up and says more than a few took her by complete surprise. She is, of course, tight-lipped about the end result, but does reveal: “I’m so very happy.”

And if the big smile that spreads across her face as she says it is any indication, there’s a very good chance she really means it.
"][/quote]
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/angie-kent-set-to-break-the-mould-as-the-new-bachelorette/news-story/46ed043dbc0da9095cc680ebe5c7af06
@Bobette the information behind the paywall that pertains, the rest she talks about how she’s a bogan and would rather live in a jungle than a mansion.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks @Zaynab.  yes At least she says she's happy so that's something, though I do recall Nick was saying the same thing before his season. "I can't say much but I'm bloody happy" I think were his exact words...

The main thing I am clinging to is that Nick had never watched the Bachelor before he signed up.  I really think the poor guy had no idea what he was getting himself into and his management let him down by allowing/encouraging him to do the show IMO.

Angie on the other hand is very TV savvy, she works in marketing, and literally spent years "critiquing" this show on Gogglebox - so she would know what is expected of a Lead, and what makes for good TV.  Choosing no one at the end is not good TV, IMO.  

So I do think there is an F1. Whether or not that person is enough to break her decade long single status on a permanent basis... well that really depends on how well the Ch 10 casting department did their job IMO.

:fingersarecrossed
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:10 am

Angie has been very quiet on Insta since she got back, which is unusual for her. I started following her when she was announced, and she was always posting stories right up until she left for filming. The lead certainly seems not to be bound by the same SM rules as the contestants as was evidenced by Matty J and Nicks Insta postings once they were back and during the airing of their seasons, so why so quiet Angie? I strongly suspect something has gone pear shaped post season, and she has either done a switcheroo, or is not with the F1 post show, and it will be packaged as "yay, feminism, Angie don't need no man"
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:20 am

Curse you, InStyle Magazine!  If this isn't click bait I don't know what is:

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 MoXbgqq

Source

Don't bother to click - they know NOTHING.  

They haven't even revealed the guys we've sleuthed.  It's literally just a placeholder article saying "check back later".  Redfacemad

Agent99 wrote:I have been looking into Adam's SM, mostly in the hopes of finding other contestants.  

...snipped

Re: the bold, I'm wondering if the boys have had their SM accounts completely taken over by TPTB. Otherwise surely someone would have slipped up by now and done a Cassandra or gone rogue like Rachael.

Niranga's pushing it with his charity account following all the girls, but aside from the odd follow here and there, the boys seem barely connected and I've just about given on trying to identify the last few.

:pout
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:27 am

I guess TPTB are running with comedy entrances and not love stories like the Bach.

Source

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:42 am

Triple yikes!  Reason 569573973 to be concerned IMO @Agent99  Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 3806527698

Two F1s featured though. Maybe they're just telling us F1 is funny. Yes? YES?!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:51 am

@Bobette  As my mother would say, funny haha or funny peculiar?  Methinks the latter laugh out loud

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
dolcimumma
mbl
Norcalgal
Vjeff
Just Looking
Kas_256
xostargirlxo
Myachardydayz
ReneeM
Finch
Kindnesscounts