SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by violetstoo Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 pm

North wrote:What's the deal with his mom saying Jed can't work b/c he is focusing on his music? That was really something to hear a parent say about their 25-year aspiring musician son. Right? I was giving him all this credit for hustling (dancing/stripping) to keep his music dream alive but it sounds like his parents are happy to support him. And believe he has great talent.

So, what are they listening to and/or seeing that we are not? Has Jed sold songs that have had modest success? There are plenty of songwriters who aren't great singers but who write and write and make $$$.

He is a decent guitarist and pianist but I don't think when the family says "his music" they are referencing a studio musician or back-up singer/guitarist.

Yes, his parents are enabling him completely.....When you raise a child to not take the consequences of their actions and responsibility for what they say and do,   you raise someone like Jed.  They have implicated he can do no wrong, covering for him at the home town date, his lies, paying his rent while he takes off his clothes, believing beyond hope his singing career will strike gold someday, granted he can write lyrics, and is musically inclined. But he is running his lips and his parents dime at 25.  My gosh, I don't wish any ill will towards him or his family, but reality does come knockin' when someone chooses to ignore the signs along the way. IMHO they all are receiving what they signed up for, the golden ticket has been punched.....

violetstoo

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:11 pm

I was looking for something and came across this article dated Mar/19 after Hannah was announced as the next 'ette. It's an interview with Robert Mills ABC exec. This is yet another reason I've been convinced they knew about Jed's ex g/f.

What type of Bachelorette do you expect Hannah B. to be?

I think she’s going to be a take-no-sh-t “Bachelorette,” to be honest, and that’s something you really look for because you want someone who if one of the guys comes on with a girlfriend, she is going to react, sort of the way that Emily Maynard [Season 8 of “The Bachelorette”] did when Kalon referred to her daughter as baggage. All of our best “Bachelorettes” have in common that they’re really strong like that. I think that’s what is going to be entertainment. I think she’s going to go out and get what she’s worth
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/new-bachelorette-hannah-brown-abc-season-15-1203157765/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:19 pm

I am not going to judge Jed for taking support from his parents. Very common for 25 year olds to still be in school or just getting started and still weaning themselves from the family payroll. Although with such low unemployment, I don't understand why anyone can't find a job these days!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:20 pm

@GuardianAngel good find. So do you think it was in the script all along that Hannah was duped because they knew she could spit fire?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:19 am

@GuardianAngel 100%! I have been saying this all along. Why the Scott/Marcus and Demi and Katie set-up with the shot of Jed's side eye?

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:26 am

This means that producers stood by and let her believe in Jed. I wonder how that makes her feel as she watches back and realizes they knew about him all along. Or is there ever so much more to this twisty story?

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:22 am

That could also be referring to Scott or it could have just been a general statement since in the past there have been contestants with someone at home. I'm not saying they didn't know but there are other reasonable explanations why he said that. It could have also been for all those reasons.

I never saw the appeal of Jed even before I heard about the ex-girlfriend. IMO I don't think he is that good looking.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 am

I personally don't think production knew about Jed's girlfriend all along. I think those statements were about Scott from the first episode. Production seems to have re-edited the entire season after Haley's news dropped to make Jed look worse (which in my opinion wasn't that difficult) so I doubt they knew at the beginning of the season.

If you watch the beginning episodes Jed was getting a good edit while Tyler was hidden (they couldn't make him look bad so they had to hide him laugh out loud). After the Haley news dropped, Jed started getting a bad edit and they stopped hiding Tyler. JMO

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:07 am

Does anyone wonder if the girlfriend theme of this season (like Jill's season) was part of the plan?

One thing that caught my eye as a non-viewer this season--that pulled me to watch--was the entertainment media's role in the season. They're like another character in the plot. The mid-season timing of the Jed story aligns with when tabloids posted about Season 5's Bachelorette Jillian Harris' favored F1, Ed, right before he left. After an episode or two, Ed came back sans g/f and Jill picked him b/c she was in love with him from their first date. The average viewer back then would not have known the tabloid situation, and it wasn't directly addressed on the ATFR (they were still together). Would the average viewer today NOT know about Jed (or Peter) having a girlfriend? Is the media, spoilers now part of the storyline?

IMO, TPTB work for and against the lead and contestants to create a TV show. They knew that Ed also had girlfriend/girlfriends back home (it wasn't directly stated on the show) and that Jill was in love with him. So his leaving and returning not only served the show/drama factor, but TPTB allowed it to give Jill the happy ending she wanted. It could be the same situation with Hannah.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:20 am

BlueTone wrote:This means that producers stood by and let her believe in Jed. I wonder how that makes her feel as she watches back and realizes they knew about him all along. Or is there ever so much more to this twisty story?

IMO probably about the same way other leads in the past that were duped into making bad choices along the way - or at the end - pretty cynical and distrustful and tend to go along with their lives mostly outside of BN.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:12 pm

I tried to sort this all out when I watched the first epi re Scott/Demi because to me it was as fake as fake can be. Filming took place in March. When did Demi find out about Scott, was it after he was announced or before? Either way it couldn't have been that much time in between being accepted as a contestant and filming. Then what, I'm curious, does she pick up the phone and calls TPTB to let them know this guy has a g/f? She is further rewarded a spot on BIP IMHO.

They already wrote the script, and arranged the set up for the IMHO fake detective work, all for a MOT contestant to take place in epi one. Of course Hannah is going to be upset, of course she is going to tell everyone, if you have a g/f leave now (foreshadowing?). Pretty standard line we have seen over the years. If there isn't a g/f situation then we'll see, if you aren't here for me, I take this seriously yada yada.

When Jed was revealed, me and others felt the story line was going to be similar to Wes/Jillian F4 or LukeP/Jojo F4. Both country musicians, both had g/fs both F4's.

In Jed's case IMHO she really fell for him from what I see on my screen right from out of the limo. There has been mention that she kept Luke so long because of his faith and the similarities. IMHO she fell for Jed because as per her own words in an old IG story, she wanted to be a Nashville country star. Also something that was familiar to her. I'm wondering if TPTB didn't realize just how far he'd go.

All my opinions because it's the edit and the storyboard, that I enjoy analyzing.

eta;

Chris Harrison recently told The Hollywood Reporter that the show released 33 possible contestant names early with the hope that social media would do its thang and dig up some dirt on the proposed contestants. Only 30 men then moved onto actually compete. Somehow Scott Anderson, the contestant with a girlfriend, slipped through the cracks.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-bachelorette-was-scott-the-contestant-with-a-girlfriend-planted-by-producers.html/

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 25 3806527698 at the bold. There have been many slipping through those cracks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:30 pm

What is suspect to me is that Nashville has one of the highest concentrations of BN alumni living there. It’s been referred to by many alumni as a small place. Several alumn are directly involved with the music scene. People know people who know people. Musician Jed from Nashville would surely have piqued the curiosity of at least some of the former cast members. One would think they would ask around. Lots of examples of alum being a gossipy bunch.

@GuardianAngel I too think part of Jed’s appeal was that Hannah romanticized the idea of being with a musician and living what she imagined that lifestyle would be... red carpet award ceremonies, surrounded by other musicians, songs being written about their love. A bit of a dreamer.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+74
veg_out
Bleiby527
violetstoo
pwgolfer
docnash14