SELECT CONTENT

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by appiah01 Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm in the minority as well. The only real drama I saw wasn't really that he was an actor but was more Angie's insecurity over him and her related fears about him truly being interested in her because to me it seems like she has the most depth of feeling with Carlin and it matters more to her. I never got a vibe that he was disingenuous- just that maybe he really like Angie from the start and was already insecure about his divorce and didn't want to give her one more reason to not open up to him. To me, there relationship seems more mature than what she has with Timm- it seems like more of an adult relationship and they always look each other directly in the eyes. I think she's more sheepish with Carlin and really wants him to like her. Timm is fun to be sure but with Carlin, Angie seems like a grown woman in love over a school girl having a good time with a dude she likes.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Just Looking Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:39 pm

I’m in the minority too. IMO, from the little we’ve been shown, Carlin seems to be the best match for Angie in the real world and she is clearly into him, as is he

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:03 am

Bobette wrote: BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 1f62c  BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 1f62c  BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 1f62c

Completely different hair/backgrounds here...

This is what she actually said at the time IMO:

Romantic Comedy?  Has she laughed once with Carlin?  Serious question.

Source

Bobette wrote:Episode 11

Carlin

So of course the F1 gets the segment involving the sponsor car and as Angie drives up we hear the sounds of a guitar strumming (a subliminal link back to night 1).  The day part of their “date” appears to be nothing more than arguing in the car.  Weird.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 IeoJRSE

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 Ad0AwnF

The night portion is better but still super low budget (I guess they blew all their cash on Ryan’s boat).  She questions him again about the acting and he says he hasn’t done anything since 2016 - only "a couple of commercials for money".  Hmmm... you sure?

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 F3Szrr0

Source

Angie is asking herself if he’s fooling her and maybe he’s that good of an actor.  He says “no, I’m pretty sh*t”.  laugh out loud  OK I’ll pay that one – made me chuckle.  It’s clear IMO Angie had already decided to pick Carlin at this point and is trying to justify it to herself.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 UhFT8CF

All screencaps sourced from Tenplay.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:08 am

I don’t get it - why would Carlin lie to Angie about his acting. It won’t do him any favours personally and career wise. JMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:10 am

Maybe it was filmed in 2016?

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:18 am

Just Looking wrote:Maybe it was filmed in 2016?

2017 https://www.if.com.au/woods-shows-make-films-economically/

Occupation was also filmed May to July 2017
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:30 am

@JustLooking maybe he’s really bad at maths? 😂
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:43 am

sprout wrote:@JustLooking maybe he’s really bad at maths? 😂
I could forgive him for that slip-up, as I made a similar mistake the other day. He might have auditioned and got the parts in 2016

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:50 am

This same discussion is taking place in the episode thread.

He clearly acted in 2017 in TWO different roles. It's a lie not a slip up. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:04 am

Bobette wrote:

Source

Bobette wrote:Episode 12

...snipped

Next day and it’s Carlin’s turn.  Of course, he says and does all the right things to impress her parents.  His outfit is even colour coordinated with the rest of the Kent clan FFS.  It’s picture perfect and utterly nauseating, IMO, but her family laps it right up.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 OC913rI

Her Dad says Carlin’s a good lookin’ rooster and could have his share of girls but "he’s looking to settle down."  Is he?  You know he’s still married, right?  That doesn’t sound too “settled” to me.  But Carlin says he’s feeling “comfortable”.  Must be nice.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 YxeR15N

Carlin says after his break up, the focus "was back on me” again.  Looking at his IG, I suspect his focus has always been solidly on “me” but anyway, the family all agree Carlin’s their pick, and think he’s there for the right reasons.  I wonder if they still feel that way.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 YXalnwW

So next day Angie’s waiting to meet Carlin, saying he “makes her feel safe”, and he’s “ready” for commitment.  IMO you can’t get much less safe or ready than still being married to another woman, but Angie “can’t wait to see his face” and that says it all, IMO.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 R38TXi1

They go for a paddle.  Angie says she can see herself moving in with Carlin and having kids.  She doesn’t mention marriage.  She gets the sense that Carlin “would do anything” for a partner.  Really?  Some pretty heavy presumptions going on there IMO.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 S3uFEPt

They arrive at their destination wearing completely different clothes, but it hardly matters because they soon strip off for a swim and Angie starts gushing about his body.  It’s all completely shallow and I feel foolish that I ever expected more from Angie as a Lead.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 JJ7Azl3

Another outfit change later, they sit on a couch while Carlin slips into his Leading Man role and delivers all the required lines.  He ticks all the designated F1 boxes by telling her he’s falling in love with her, and wants a relationship with her outside the show, etc.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 JlUt0nb

...snipped

So now Angie has to decide between Timm, who suits “old Angie” - addicted to laughter and spontaneity - or Carlin who has been “so vulnerable” and that’s what she needs, which is interesting since IMO Timm has been FAR more vulnerable than Carlin.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 MxaHbeV

I find it both sad and disappointing that Angie thinks giving up laughter and spontaneity is somehow “progressing” in life, especially if she plans to have kids.  IMO, having and raising children is one time in life when you need flexibility and humour the MOST.

Regardless, the boys are on their way to meet their fate.  Carlin says Angie is marriage material, which is both ironic (since he is married) and IMO proves again how INCOMPATIBLE they are, since she has repeatedly said she DOES NOT WANT to get married.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 PJULDXE

...snipped

Anyway, Angie got off very lightly there IMO and here comes Carlin.  Angie says she’s “never allowed herself to be with someone like Carlin because I wasn’t ready” and I don’t even know that that’s meant to mean.  

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 IYSfndU

She says Carlin - the actor, model and Instagram influencer - is “so genuine and real”.  Seriously, this is just all too ironic.  But he’s the one for her, apparently, and that’s where we leave them, snogging in the beautiful Byron wilderness.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 Yu0zJ0K

Well, forget Queerbaiting, this was the season of Weirdbaiting, IMO.  Angie may have talked the weird talk at the start of the season but she was walking a very straight, very beige walk at the end, and chose the most stereotypical, clichéd contestant of the lot, IMO.  

But I’m glad Angie chose Carlin, because IMO she doesn’t appreciate Timm, and he deserves better.  I’m sure she and Carlin will make the most of their time shilling and acting like a perfect couple, but I suspect that behind the scenes things are anything but perfect.  

All screencaps sourced from Tenplay

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:57 am

Are you sure you weren't looking for fame? The Bachelorette winner Carlin Sterritt stars in a new Harvey Norman campaign - as he lists the dating show as an 'acting role' on IMDB

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 M3ogBLc

He was exposed as a secret actor and accused of looking for fame on The Bachelorette.

And just one day after winning the show, and Angie Kent's heart, Carlin Sterritt seems to be kick-starting his career by starring in a new ad campaign.

The 30-year-old fitness trainer, who has also listed the dating show as a 'acting role' on IMDB, has featured in Harvey Norman's latest Christmas catalogue.

In one photo, Carlin is smiling and holding a glass of champagne while wearing a fitness tracker.

In another, the fitness trainer is promoting a camera by holding it and laughing while taking a picture.

Carlin has also listed the dating show as a role on his IMDB profile which introduces him as 'an Australian actor auditioning for leading roles around the world.'

This comes after Angie Kent became concerned that Carlin, who was exposed as an actor by contestant Jamie Doran, was on the show for the wrong reasons.

During hometown visits, Angie confronted Carlin's brother, Jarvie, who told her that the 30-year-old did see the show as a career opportunity.

It was a devastating blow for Angie, because Carlin, who is billed as a 'fitness trainer' on the show, hadn't told her about his acting career.

Despite doubting his intentions, Angie confessed her feelings for Carlin on Thursday and he was crowned the winner of The Bachelorette.

Source

Bobette wrote:Sportsbet have narrowed the odds of Angie and Carlin splitting by Dec 31 to 1.35 - so they are even more sure of a split than they were he was F1.  Need I say more?

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 EDhlkc3

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:49 am

I am still unsure about Angie, although she and Carlin look happy together, but I think Carlin is a total darling, but he was almost thrown under the bus by the producers. I think he was genuine, he went there open to love but that was not he expected, of course. Had Angie not chosen him the producers may have considered him for the bachelor, and apparently he said that if that was the case he would accept,but apparently that was something discussed by all contestants, they all thought about that. It is not a big deal for me. I am happy to see that most people posting here seem to have a similar view of him Smiley I also love seeing other facets of him now that he and Angie can actually go and enjoy life. Time will tell.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 23 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
jenski_tas
Dirty Street Pie
Kindnesscounts
bluwavz
richmond1
Vjeff
Flowergrrl
ReneeM
Finch
mbl
stoneleigh