SELECT CONTENT

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AEF Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:15 am

The best that can be said here is that Angie knew he was married from the get go and she made the decision on what sort of relationship she would allow to develop. Not a great position for her as she could not access information or people that would have helped validate want he described. Angie could only trust her skills in asking the right questions, her street smarts and intuition.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:27 am

IMO - He did the right thing and gave the the lead his accurate status. Kudos to him for that. It is now up to the lead to make her decisions based on the information she has received. It can hardly be his fault in this situation. This IMO is on Angie more than the contestant.
JMO.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:52 pm

I really, really like Carlin, not because he is gorgeous looking but because he is gentle and sincere. I agree he was honest in telling Angie his situation. The divorce papers have been filed and they don't take long to be finalised. I'm sure he would've been by the end of filming.
In a house full of "big" personalities Carlin comes across as calm and sensible. As has been said it is up to Angie to decide how she moves forward with Carlin knowing his past.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Storybook wrote:I really, really like Carlin, not because he is gorgeous looking but because he is gentle and sincere.  I agree he was honest in telling Angie his situation. The divorce papers have been filed and they don't take long to be finalised. I'm sure he would've been by the end of filming.
In a house full of "big" personalities Carlin comes across as calm and sensible. As has been said it is up to Angie to decide how she moves forward with Carlin knowing his past.

I really agree.  He has that quiet, understated manliness rather than in-your-face machismo.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Copied from Episode and SM threads.  

From what I know of Angie, I suspect this could be an issue for her.  Carlin may have been upfront about his marriage status, but this would also be pertinent information, IMO, and I wonder if she was aware of it during filming.  

Dirty Street Pie wrote:...snipped
The other thing that I’ve heard about him, and don’t know if it’s been mentioned on here is that he’s been married before, and quite religious, and involved in Hillsong, which for our non Aussies is a big evangelical church. So he could possibly be saving himself for his next marriage?

Finch wrote:Sorry, still getting to grips with this latest revelation. @dirtystreetpie, or anyone, how do we know he is associated with Hillsong?

Dirty Street Pie wrote:@Finch, the Hillsong connection was mentioned on a Facebook group I'm on. And his Insta bio features a Christian cross emoji, and he follows Hillsong, HillsongWorship and Brian Houston (the lead Hillsong pastor)
I'm not a religious person, but I have worked with a few people who were involved in Hillsong, and they were all pretty full on about it, so I don't imagine you'd follow that many Hillsong accounts unless you were involved. From the impression I've had of Angie pre show I can't imagine a very religious person blending that well with her. I sense a very problematic hometown if Carlin comes from a religious family....
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:52 pm

I heard Angie use the word “Blessed” in one of her media interviews on the first day the show aired. Maybe Carlin is rubbing on Angie because he has that word tattooed on one of his forearms Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 2498057887 Anywhoo, IMO they are still together post filming going by how Carlin seems to be beaming in his friend’s IG stories that were posted upthread, plus his latest IG posting is straight-up classic F1 posting IMO....time will tell how long he lasts with Angie similar to other couples.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:19 pm

IMO Angie has been inconsistent with her answers regarding F1 in interviews.  In some she says she's smitten but in others, like this one (at 15:20), when Karl asks if she and F1 have had a fight yet she says:

Oh yeah.  You have your little "disagreements".  You've got to; it's so stressful afterwards to stay...

And at that point Karl cuts her off saying "hidden".  I don't think that's what she was going to say though.  IMO she was eluding more to how the shine can wear off once you're outside the bubble.  She then backpedals a bit and says:

You don't fight, you just have talks and debates and... it's tough.  But no, like proper fights.  It's still early days.  you don't want to be fighting yet.

That is all very telling to me.  IMO depending on how much Carlin disclosed on the show about his life, I can see various things being issues for Angie when she discovered them post-show.

Or maybe not.  Perhaps I have an inaccurate perception of Angie's personality, lifestyle and values, but at this stage I see them as incompatible on many levels and can't see it lasting at all.

ETA:  Adding the video:

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 pm

I havent been following anything much about this series but became interested because of Carlin. If I remember rightly Angie said she is usually attracted to men not like Carlin, so if true then he is not her "type". She also said she likes 'fun'. Carlin so far has not shown a fun, humour side. Angie obviously felt comfortable with him from the start. As Agent99 said Carlin is a gentleman and IMO Angie is drawn to that strength.
The change in hair colour in the betting odds could be that Angie was going to pick a different F1 and Carlin's divorce came through so she picked him. If, and I say IF this happened then I think Angie will receive a lot of backlash. Maybe she is being cagy about if she found love because of this.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Bringing all this over because it is IMO clear evidence of Carlin's edit being changed somewhere along the line and the narrative around him being restructured to suit the role of F1.

Bobette wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:There’s an ITM outfit I’ll be looking out for moving forwards as evidence of reshoots to build Carlin’s storyline after the fact. It’s a black top with circles around the neck which Angie is wearing when she’s gushing about Carlin, and talking about pash rash.

Bobette wrote:@Dirty Street Pie I know the outfit you mean and I was thinking similar because her hair changes drastically between ITMs.  I'll screen cap it and post on the SC thread. yes

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Thanks @Bobette I need to rewatch to be sure, but there was something about the things she was saying when wearing that outfit that just struck me as being unnatural, and there to drive a particular narrative.

My hair often gets shorter by 5 cm in the space of 4 seconds too - doesn't yours @Dirty Street Pie?  Now the question is, which ones were shot later... Need to compare to how her hair was night 1 and at the FRC to determine best match.

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 0EdUnJS

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 AESOjRZ

Source: Tenplay

Bobette wrote: IMO the top lot (longer hair) was shot later, and I now really want to know what else she said in the earlier, shorter hair ITMs because I doubt it was good.  Or maybe they didn't bother to shoot much at the time because they weren't expecting him to be F1  Suspect

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Hahaha! I think maybe the shorter hair was the ITM at the time, and longer was later? If you look at her hair in the morning when she comes out of the tent the layers around her face look a bit shorter? And the longer hair looks more “polished” like she’s come in specially to record the ITM, rather than tacking it on at the end of a day of filming. I’m really bad at screencaps though, so am probably wrong laugh out loud

ETA I just read your response before I posted mine, and I see we’ve reached the same conclusion through different paths Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 1377737533 go us!

ideas_ideas wrote:So clever ladies!! That is DEF different hair IMO (fringe is longer/grown out but overall length is shorter, and styled better, in the top one), and also the horse in the background in front of the candle is in a different position, and to the left of it, the three-tiered candle stick thing is at a different angle.

Bobette wrote:Yep I was just comparing her hair to how it looks in the promo (which was filmed months after her date with Carlin) and it's much more even in length and in better condition, just like it is the top screen cap.  Definitely filmed much later IMO.

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 7XEv5ou

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 0EdUnJS

Source: Tenplay

So I think initially Angie was (understandably) unimpressed by the fact that he's married, and her original comments probably did not paint him in the best light so couldn't be used.  IMO the only aired ITMs that were actually filmed at the time were:

24 hour date
It's happening
I know I wanted to try something different, but the bloke's still bloody married

[Plus this face which speaks volumes IMO:]

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 VEu0WTd

Her hair above matches how it was at the time of the date IMO - damaged, frizzy ends and shorter around her face:

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 XNQVWiA

So IMO all this glowing, context-creating fluff she says in the long haired ITMs was recorded much later, potentially even post-FRC, when they realised they needed to overhaul/rework Carlin's edit if he was going to be a believable F1:

I'm going to try to unleash my romantic side
I got a very warm welcome, I'm not used to 19 or whatever guys going "eeehhhhyyyy when I walk in a room"
At this stage I'm finding it hard to find something I don't like about Carlin
He almost seems to good to be true
24 hours is a long time to spend with someone, even someone you know
We pull up to this beautiful farm like set up
I realised this year that I'm way more of a simpleton that I thought I was
I don't need someone that needs a lot
Carlin dropped a huge truth bomb in my face, right while I'm smashing my salmon
The divorce isn't even final, are you even ready
Sometimes we do crazy things when we're trying to get over someone
He can give me pash rash any day

Another thing is, there was a MASSIVE jump in time from mid afternoon when he dropped his "truth bomb", and we barely saw her reaction, to the night portion, when she was saying "so I've had a big think about it and... blah blah blah".  

So where was she doing the thinking?  Did she storm off and they had to coax her back hours later to finish the scene?  Why didn't we see any more of their afternoon conversation?  I'm sure she had LOTS of questions.  It's all very suss IMO.

And furthermore!  The paps got pics of Angie looking upset at the RC when Wazza & Jess left and multiple sources (including paps) said she was threatening to walk out.  Why would she have done that if her overnight with Carlin went so well...?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Just wondering - why do people think that Carlin is F1. Yes, they had an amazing kiss and obviously there’s chemistry, but it’s such early days.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Just Looking wrote:Just wondering - why do people think that Carlin is F1.  Yes, they had an amazing kiss and obviously there’s chemistry, but it’s such early days.
First on the list, Sportsbet giggling I have learnt the hard way sleuthing this series that that they are never wrong laugh out loud But also IMO, Carlin’s SM postings are classic F1 narratives. Do you think there is another contender for F1 based on what we know so far?

Last edited by mercieme on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Just Looking wrote:Just wondering - why do people think that Carlin is F1.  Yes, they had an amazing kiss and obviously there’s chemistry, but it’s such early days.

TAB and Sportsbet both have him at unbackable odds of 1.15 and 1.33 respectively and the bookies have never been wrong.  It's beyond doubt IMO.  I was hoping she may have done a post-show switch to another contestant during the 2 week delay but that now seems like a long shot.

Giving Carlin the first date, and then having to reshoot so many of her ITMs about their date says to alter what she originally said IMO is a strong indication that he was definitely not her first choice from the start and IMO she may have been more interested in Ciarran, who self-eliminates.

Last edited by Bobette on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
jenski_tas
Dirty Street Pie
Kindnesscounts
bluwavz
richmond1
Vjeff
Flowergrrl
ReneeM
Finch
mbl
stoneleigh