SELECT CONTENT

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Bobette wrote:IMO the difference/significance is that they literally only used three short, very generic ITMs from the time when she actually went on the date:

24 hour date
It's happening
I know I wanted to try something different, but the bloke's still bloody married

EVERYTHING else was shot much later and IMO is an attempt to set up a sympathetic narrative/justification for why she ends up picking Carlin.

I would be very interested to know what else she said in the original ITMs, because from the look on her face she was not at all impressed IMO.

snipped

IA there's always a reason for the double shoot and quite often it's for the reason's that are bolded.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mbl Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:52 pm

How is it sleuthed in AU that Carlin is F1? I see something about betting odds but this is my first AU show so I don’t really understand. Obviously there’s the great sleuthing of this board discovering the after-the-fact ITMs that create a sympathetic narrative, which the would do for the F1. But is there definitive proof, like a post filming sighting or known happy couple weekend where they are both silent?

TYIA

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:04 pm

@mbl Entertainment betting (betting on the outcome of TV shows etc) is common in Australia and all our main betting agencies (Sportsbet, TAB, Ladbrokes) offer markets on Bach and Bette.  There is a dedicated thread for betting odds here.

Since the show is pre-recorded, the result is always known and the betting agencies have links to the show (TAB are partnered with Channel 10, and their ads play during commercial breaks) and they also get info from photographers, producers etc.

During filming Sportsbet release odds for things like the hair colour/home state of the winner, then after ep 1 they release odds for each guy by name.  The person who has the shortest odds/lowest payout figure is always F1 - they have never been wrong.  

With odds of 1.15 it is beyond doubt that Carlin wins IMO.  Last season TAB also offered place odds for the top 3 so we also knew who would be F2 and F3.  They're not doing that this season but from screen caps etc IMO it will be Timm F2 and Jackson F3.

During Matt's season Sportsbet even visited us here and spoiled F1 in a series of posts.  They also emailed various tabloids/blogs revealing the winner.  They don't care about spoiling the show at all, they just want to attract punters to their site IMO.

Early on, Sportsbet were tipping a blonde winner, which is why we were concentrating on blonde contestants at the time.  The favourite switched to brown hair after the FRC, suggesting there may have been an early blonde favourite who left.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:16 pm

@Bobette Thanks so much, that was incredibly helpful. I know so little about gambling to begin with, and even less about entertainment betting. Well it definitely looks like Carlin then, guess the interesting part is the blond early front-runner who left. I do like Angie a lot, so it’s fun watching. Looking forward to this week’s episodes.

Thanks again!

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:19 pm

My pleasure @mbl glad you are enjoying the season - I agree, Angie's awesome!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:02 pm

I wasn’t sure about Carlin but I think he’s a decent guy with good morals. Him being married is not a big deal IMO. Nor, him being an actor. He may not be the life of the party, or a big personality like some of the others but IMO this is what Angie wanted. You don’t have to be a wild party boy to be fun. JMO.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:46 pm

@sprout I agree. There was so much not shown of Angie's and Carlin's date. All we got to see was what provided maximum shock factor. For all we know Carlin may have told her he's done some acting. As for his sense of humour (which is important to Angie) I personally believe he has one and we will get to see it. IMO Angie would never have chosen Carlin if she can't have a laugh with him.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachbee Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:42 am

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Scree242
IG: AngieKent_
Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Scree243
IG: Brentonparkes
Bachbee
Bachbee

Female Posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:41 am

ideas_ideas wrote:So I rewatched the two eps today to try and pick up on anything missed and get a better read on the Carlin-Angie dynamic which doesn't seem a natural fit to me at this early stage, all a bit chalk-and-cheese. Current thoughts-

Angie (slash producers) reaaaaallly does hammer home that she wants someone who is her match as a goofball/crazy/awkward/weirdo/'different bunch' etc. etc. in ep 1. Even with all the editing and post production, they chose to keep references to that all throughout the episode as in the promos, it's Angie's 'theme' IMO. Even the start of Ep 2 opens with Angie saying "Strap yourself in Australia, this awkward goofball is going on her very first date" (to the camp thing with Carlin)...

Unless there is some epic editing or a mega surprise coming, IMO Carlin does not seem remotely goofball/crazy/weirdo/awkward/etc., he seems like a lovely, fairly calm, conventional type. Brad also described Carlin as a "super genuine, super nice", calm guy who he "couldn't see getting angry or anything like that", and then interestingly Angie then asks him 'but did he have bants?' which I think means 'banter', like fun/playfulness which they both said is important in their family, and Brad replies 'he's a little low on it' - not exactly sure if that's what she said but sounds like it, and if so, further indicates Carlin does not fit the characteristics she littered throughout ep 1 and start of ep 2 which are Angie's 'theme' of both who she is and who she wants in her match. Rather, he seems the lovely, calm, nice guy type and I assume we will see much more 'lovely guy' edit to come.
So - at this point Angie's narration is heavily about she is a weird goofball (etc.) and she can't wait to meet her equally weird/awkward/crazy etc. match. Carlin is presenting/being presented as none of those things. -IF- that is all accurate, how does he end up as F1?

1. 'You can't choose who you love' scenario - just natural chemistry/feelings between them (I don't see it yet but assume as usual we will by the end)
2. He wasn't meant to be F1 / something went awry along the way - I personally can't see how they could do an entirely fake ending but maybe it's been done before in US franchise or elsewhere?
3. Angie didn't really find her perfect guy among the group, so landed on her best option out of the bunch as she had to for the show, but it wasn't a great match.
4. Angie decides to try being with someone who is the completely different from what she thought she wanted, and it may or may not work in the real world, or may have already dissolved - this theory might fit with her interview comments about having 'learned a lot about herself', and would also fit in with what seems to be the re-filmed narration points post-production (the black top with the rings as spotted by a couple of you clever peeps in the SC thread). Therefore the overarching narrative of the season would be 'I came in here thinking I wanted XYZ, but I've realised that what is perfect for me is really ABC and that is Carlin - cue F1 music', and there are hints of this narrative already in Angie's voice overs.
5. A combo of the above... or something else entirely.
Either way, IMO there is a real disconnect, at this point, between the 'bogan bachelorette', 'inappropriate bachelorette', crazy/weirdo/etc. etc. labels that Angie and producers heavily place on both herself and her description of her perfect match, and who Carlin presents as so far, so I'm curious to see how they bridge the seemingly vast divide, how the love story evolves and if they work in the real world/are still together.
All JMO.
Phew that's a lot of words, thanks for letting me get that all off my chest  Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 2622943811  giggling

Side note - Brad is just gorgeous and their sibling relationship is super lovely - is he single?! Next Bach contender!  :sprinklehearts
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:56 am

We know Carlin is F1. From what I saw when Angie met Carlin on the first night she really liked him. She liked him enough to give him the 24 hour rose. She liked him enough to give him the first date and kiss him (Angie leant in for another kiss and she said Carlin could give her "pash rash")
TPTB have generated the "type" Angie wants and put it in our faces so we don't forget. But at the end of the day (or rather the show) Angie chose 'a nice' guy.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm

To me the jury is still out on how nice Carlin actually is.  IMO he was certainly cast to play the role of "nice guy" but being an actor who knows what his real personality is. We haven't heard from his (ex?) wife about why they separated and - like Angie - only have his version of events to go on.  

I agree with what @ideas_ideas says - Carlin is an illogical choice for Angie and IMO the editors are retrospectively trying to construct a believable storyline, but it feels disjointed and unconvincing, IMO.  Something went seriously off the rails this season for her to end up picking Carlin IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Maybe there is no "dirt" on Carlin. If his ex wife isn't talking maybe she has nothing to say. Maybe they did just "drift apart" as Carlin said. Not everyone who divorces has a sordid tale to tell.
What I have seen so far is Angie falling hard for Carlin, yes her is not her "type" and IMO why he was given the first date. This has never been given to F1's before. IMO things didn't go off the rails, rather Angie surprised herself falling for Carlin and obstacles had to be put in his way - being still married and someone she wasn't looking for.

Last edited by Storybook on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
jenski_tas
Dirty Street Pie
Kindnesscounts
bluwavz
richmond1
Vjeff
Flowergrrl
ReneeM
Finch
mbl
stoneleigh