SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Post by Bobette Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:51 pm

@Agent99 Nice pickups. yes I'm not invested enough to be following any of them on SM.   laugh out loud  

If Qiniso is F2 that's straight up tokenism IMO - I see nothing between them.  Marc may say it's "unnecessary to bring race into this" but considering the backlash over the predominantly fair skinned cast in season 1, perhaps TPTB decided to have a dark skinned F2 before they even started casting? (How insulting to Qiniso if so  Rolling Eyes).  But for me it's still Jess R getting the F2 edit.

Marc's body language is quite defensive around Qinsio IMO - I think she's too ballsy for him.

11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 ALY5w57

Source: Mnet episode 10

Last edited by Bobette on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added source for SC)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Post by Astrobach Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:07 am

Sprite wrote:Today's episode is up on Bachelor Archive. We are up to #9.

We continue from where they left off...end of CP and Rikki is the only one who doesn't have a rose. Marc asks the host for an extra few minutes and pulls Rikki aside. She gives him some home truths and basically calls him a people pleaser and to not waste her time. He is still offering her a rose and she goes in for the kiss rather randomly. I think he has kissed pretty much everyone this CP and most of them were really awkward. Gross. He went back for more and was grabbing her face like he was afraid she would take off. I am not convinced. Just seemed to lack real chemistry no matter how much they tried.

Meanwhile the ladies are getting testy. They are jumping on Jessica that she shouldn't tell Marisia how to use her white rose. Jessica feels she is being bullied. When Pasha starts making comments Jess just ignores her since Pasha can be hurtful and Pasha just won't stop even when some other women ask her. She is such a b*tch. When Marc comes back Maricia is crying and he has no idea WTH is going on. scratch They tell him ignore it it has nothing to do with you.

Next day Marc shows up unannounced for a pool party. Pasha is pissed from the start because he did a general greeting vs individual. Nobody even says hi to him. Very awkward. Jessica pulls him aside crying because of Pasha. Tells him Pasha is throwing roses to the ground after RC and he is giving her a ton of attention while she torments the others. He doesn't really want to be hearing this. Just wants to relax and enjoy himself. Good luck with that! Now they are complaining to one another that Jessica is dominating his time. They are just being ridiculous and ignoring him and not making any effort. He notices and asks the ladies what is going on...particularly with Maricia. They all bitch at him and I actually feel sorry for the guy. They are acting so immaturely.

Marc goes to Maricia and tells her he appreciates that she cares so much for the others, but he wants her to fight for their relationship and use the white rose. Mulesa and Pasha are having a pity party of two and are ignoring everyone else. Marc comes back and there is a date card for Mulesa but Maricia steals it and Mulesa basically doesn't give a fig.

Maricia meets up with Marc in the park where she gets to meet his dog Luna. He is pleasantly surprised she used the rose. They discuss if she would be open to moving and he is very happy when she says her job as a speech therapist allows her the freedom to move since it is in demand everywhere. It is going well and she is getting more relaxed and he gives her a rose and heart earrings! Multiple make outs.

The ladies are for the most part happy for her. Rikki goes through a list of the ladies and why it won't work with Marc and says she is the best match and is wondering why she is waiting...and she is Maricia's best friend in the house.

Another CP, but with a difference. Ladies are to play black jack against the host. Lady with the most chips gets time with Marc. Mulesa has been hanging around Pasha too much because she is starting to get the same surely attitude...not in the mood for a party. no

While some ladies try to gamble for some time, he asks the rest if there is anything they want to clear up. Naturally Pasha speaks up and whines about not being individually greeted. So stupid and petty and his eyes are glazing over. Next Qiniso make out. He is still wondering why she is there. Mulesa pulls him and grills him as to why Maricia got that white rose. She is still not happy and he is noticing she is close to Pasha and starting to act more like Pasha. About time. Gillian actually takes time to get to know Marc and asks about his mom before leaving because she saw Rikki waiting. Rikki asks a ton of questions...including has anything more than kissing happened on any dates! He is...no why do you ask? Apparently there is talk amongst the women about Pasha's dates. Jess comes up to talk to Marc in time to see Rikki kissing him.

Bridget won 25 chips and Mulesa 23 but for some stupid reason Qiniso thinks they should be even and Marc should pick who he wants to spend time with, so she gives her chips. Too bad, show has a contingency if they are tied, one final hand, winner takes all. Mulesa wins and now Bridget is pissed since she had no time with Marc and Mulesa already talked to him. Too bad. She was stupid to be talked into this sh*t.

Mulesa is grilling Mark again about why she didn't get a rose on their first date. Seriously, let it go. Also about what life would look like with him. She is softening up and is sure she is getting a rose tonight.

Finally the RC...Since Maricia already has a rose, Rikki gets called first, Bridget last and finally...sour faced, miserable Pasha is sent home! Hallelujah!!!

Thank you for the recap! I’m thinking similarly. SO HAPPY Pasha has finally left the scene...her energy was like a vampire, draining and sucking anything good out of everything. I’m glad Mark finally got the lightbulb on about her.
The drama was very juvenile among the women, partly because of Pasha again and her extra comments, and you can tell there was probably a Full Moon or something because they were ALL on edge.
I like Rikki, she is level headed and steers clear of drama, tells Mark what she thinks straight up, ask questions without being adversarial or accusatory, she is IMO STUNNING , seems mature and ready for a real relationship. But it’s obvious that Mark is all over Marisia, who is quite younger, so good luck for longevity...but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants. She is not a bad choice in terms of personality and character, we’ll see how compatible they are after some time has passed after the show and it’s Aftermath have settled things.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Bobette wrote:@Agent99 Nice pickups. yes I'm not invested enough to be following any of them on SM.   laugh out loud  

If Qiniso is F2 that's straight up tokenism IMO - I see zero passion between them.  Marc may say it's "unnecessary to bring race into this" but considering the backlash over the predominantly fair skinned cast in season 1, I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB decided to have a dark skinned F2 before they even started casting.  How insulting to Quniso.  Rolling Eyes

Going by who left this episode, it looks like a white vanilla final 2 Rolling Eyes  How surprising. I was hoping Marc was somehow different.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by quick_dry Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Agent99 wrote:Going by who left this episode, it looks like a white vanilla final 2 Rolling Eyes  How surprising.  I was hoping Marc was somehow different.
But the women are all so very different - it's not as if Q is a substitute for any other women in the house, nor Bridget a substitute for Mulesa or Marc's betrothed, Jess.

Did any of you sleuths find Adam Jr in episode 11? in Episode 10 he was hiding in the kitchen (if you "Listen To Your Heart" via the Archive, he's hidden there near the start of ep 2 - giving any more of a hint than that would just serve him up on a platter)

(Happy April 25th, it's only early morning here but the forecast is for a Saturday thats not too hot, not too cold... all you'd need is a light jacket. The perfect date really Hugesmile )
quick_dry
quick_dry

Male Posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:01 am

Episode #11.

GD...Marisia, Bridget and Qiniso...who just had a double root canal and is loopy from the anesthetic. She asks if she can sit this one out for obvious reasons and if someone else can take her place. The host says he explained what had happened to Mark and that if she couldn't make it, who would he like to see...Mulesa.

They meet up for some mountain biking and he had some concerns with each of these three that he would like to clear up. Mulesa is having a lot of trouble riding. I really don't see her as all that adventurous. Bridget is doing well, but not as well as Marisia who seems to be the one most up for anything.

Marc is wondering if Bridget is there to meet someone or ready for a relationship? Really??? Cause I think she has made it pretty clear that she is. I don't know WTH he wants from her. I think he just isn't interested and is trying to find an excuse to dump her. Apparently it is because she laughs when he is looking at her...clearly she is simply nervous. He asks for the umpteenth time if she is interested in him and she again reassures him, but says it's difficult since she doesn't know how he feels. She likes that he pushes her out of her comfort zone and they have fun together, but is worried that he has friend zoned her. He lies and says they are figuring that out.

Meanwhile, Marisia and Mulesa are discussing the HTD. Mulesa says she will just introduce him as a friend as nobody is getting married tomorrow....or in her case never with Mark. She is so not interested in the guy. Marisia says it is important that he fits in with the family and mom is good at spotting red flags...not that she thinks he has any.

Mark's concern with Marisia is her shyness. It's ok if she is shy around him, but not if she is that way around the other ladies and worries what others think of her. Where is this coming from? She is perfectly fine around the others, she is just respectful that there are other women who also have a relationship with him. He is asking her how soon she would be willing to start a family. Much different question than Bridget. She says she wants to finish her masters and travel, so about 3 years. She got accepted to a university in Cape Town for next year and he says that would make things easier...wink, wink.

While waiting Mulesa and Bridget are discussing who has the strongest connection with Marc. Bridget thinks Jess, but Mulesa thinks that B is insecure about her relationship with him and they all bring different things to the table. B wants another date because they never kissed on their date...only on at CP and she thinks Mulesa is in the same boat. She then finds out that things heated up in the kitchen!

Back at the mansion, Gillian finally gets a date card!

Finally Marc takes Mulesa off for her chat. He is wondering if she is easily influenced because she started acting like Pasha and seemed disappointed in his choices. She is not impressed at the question and wonders if he is bothered by conflict. He says if it was at the beginning yes. She thinks he would like a conflict free relationship and she prefers to talk things through. I just don't see these two as a good fit. He is easy going and she is too intense for him.

Gillian's date is next. He likes her because she is straight forward and is no drama. They are set up on a picnic in front of a fire under the stars. He brings up that GD where he was blind folded and almost kissed her. She is getting goose bumps and he wonders if it is because she is cold or excited. It depends. She is telling him about her mom and she gets emotional because she didn't have much, but she still had everything she needed thanks to her mom. She realized that it is not where you start that is important, but where you are going. She is protective of her mom and will introduce someone only if she is comfortable with them, rather than expose her mom to that. She gets a rose and an awkward kiss. She is nervous because she has never introduced anyone to her mom...and she starts now? Zip between these two.

At the mansion there is awkwardness between Qiniso and Jess until the other three return from their GD. Rehash of their date and the fact that Marc seems concerned about making the right choice. Then as they are waiting to see what happened with Gillian, Bridget spills the beans about Mulesa and Marc making out in the kitchen and then thankfully Gillian returns, shows off her rose and tells them about the date. This makes Jess nervous because now there are only 3 roses left.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:34 pm

@Sprite thanks for the recaps! I enjoy reading them. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:04 pm

CP time and everyone is nervous and when Marc arrives it is like pulling teeth to get them to talk.

Jessica is pulled aside first and he is still concerned about all her issues with the others. She says she is very sensitive and takes things to heart. She is respectful about what she says about others but they don't care what they say to hurt her. He is smartening up and wondering how much of this woe is me attitude is manipulative and it would not be something he would want to deal with. These two are not a good match. He is so laid back and wants things to be drama free and she is so very dramatic. He cuts things off quickly and she isn't happy. She delusionally thinks that she is usually flirty and fun with him. rofl

Mulesa takes him for a chat and Bridget thinks she needs to tell him to send her home.

Mulesa gets right into it and again brings up why Pasha was brought up on the date yesterday. He again badly tries to explain the "look" and the "disapproval" they both were showing. She then brings up the stupid wild rose again and how upset she was that she didn't get it. Let it go woman! Again, these two are not a good match either. He wants things easy and she just can't let things go and keeps bringing up past conflicts. He want to go back, but she asks for an awkward kiss first. Strange woman.

Meanwhile Gillian and Qiniso are comforting Bridget who is having a bit of a breakdown because she is tired of guys telling her she is great, fun, funny, but not wanting more. Woman has some serious confidence issues.

Next Marc pulls Gillian even though she has a rose and they just had a date. He wanted to advertise, surprise her with some jewelry. Rose gold with black diamonds. It is pretty and looks nice with her dress. She feels appreciated and accepted. It will certainly get some of the others worked up...and right on cue there goes Jess.

Bridget tells him she doesn't want him to give her a rose if all he sees is a platonic relationship where they joke and have fun. He fudges again and says it is too soon and he doesn't know and is still trying to figure things out.  11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 2622943811 Please. You know with Marisia and don't need to still figure it out. I do wish he would let her go because she is trying to not fall and does like him. If they had chemistry, I think they would make a good couple. They have an easy camaraderie, similar sense of humour and she can be adventurous like he enjoys.

Qiniso is with Marc and he asks her what is making her nervous tonight. Dah. She hasn't spent time with you this week like the other ladies. He wonders if she is really being authentic or if she is putting on this act. I think she is usually this loud and vivacious, but she is also thoughtful. I just think her energy is too much for him.

Marisia is saved for last. He is fishing. He wants to  know how she would feel if she didn't get a rose. She sensibly says this is a two way street and she would feel sad, but if you didn't feel it there isn't much she could do. He than wants to know if she would be affectionate with him in front of others and she is no...that is for the bedroom. She then turns the tables and asks if he is affectionate. Why, what have you heard?  cantstopl She says the others have said he isn't and he wants her to know that he is...once the relationship develops. He is so chasing this girl! Despite the age difference I do think they are a good match. They both seem easy going, adventurous and they have chemistry. I don't think she is as into him as he is into her, but that is because she is logical and knows there are still others there. Once that is all over, I can see them together...for a while at least.

RC and guess who gets called for the first rose? Marisia. Shocking.  giggling

Jessica is next. In her passive/aggressive way she says she can see Marc and Marisia together because opposites attract. I don't think they are opposites, but you try and make yourself feel better Jess.

Bridget gets the last rose and she deludes herself that they could end up together.

Mulesa refuses to give Marc a hug. Thinks it is better to awkwardly shake his hand. She says she knew that she was leaving by the look on his face after that odd kiss she made them have at the CP. She doesn't seem too heart broken.

Qiniso is tearing up and doesn't say anything for fear she will break down.

Next week is HTDs. Gillian's mom is a hard nut to crack and Jessica tells her family that Marc ignored her for the first few weeks...and his jaw drops. Red flag...

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:03 pm

You are going a fantastic review @Sprite. Thank you!

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:07 am

quick_dry wrote:
Agent99 wrote:Going by who left this episode, it looks like a white vanilla final 2 Rolling Eyes  How surprising.  I was hoping Marc was somehow different.
But the women are all so very different - it's not as if Q is a substitute for any other women in the house, nor Bridget a substitute for Mulesa or Marc's betrothed, Jess.

Did any of you sleuths find Adam Jr in episode 11? in Episode 10 he was hiding in the kitchen (if you "Listen To Your Heart" via the Archive, he's hidden there near the start of ep 2 - giving any more of a hint than that would just serve him up on a platter)

(Happy April 25th, it's only early morning here but the forecast is for a Saturday thats not too hot, not too cold... all you'd need is a light jacket. The perfect date really Hugesmile  )

I see Marisia and Jess as completely interchangeable.  Both blonde, pretty, personality-lite imo.  I had hoped there would a point of difference to Marisia in the F2.  I've actually looked at the f4 IGs (things are slow at the moment laugh out loud) and Gillian's back on  29/11, Jess 1/12, Marisia 11/12 and Bridget 17/12.  Maybe Bridget is the point of difference question  Friendship being the basis of the relationship could be the angle they go for laugh out loud  I can see Jess as being a shock f3.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:38 pm

@Agent99 thanks for the SM info.

I wondered about Bridget when I read @Sprite 's recap that she got the last rose in the last RC but it seems she has the friend edit?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Catching up on the last two episodes.  Not much to say about ep 11 except Marisia is one of the most obvious F1s I've ever seen and if anyone needs a visual representation for "he undressed her with his eyes" then here you go.  He's so hot for her! laugh out loud

11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 3but4C2

11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 KFmPZBE

11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 AyZuXbq

Source: Mnet episode 11

Will watch ep 12 later today. thumbsup
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:45 pm

It's all in the eyes smile. 11 - Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 7 3806527698

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

+9
LeapofFaith
Agent99
Astrobach
Idlemess
Bobette