SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Dutchy23 wrote:
HavaDrPepper wrote:I hope this is the right place to post this information since it really isn't about contestants and I didn't see a general thread for the season.

According to the PureDWTS blog, there is no more troupe on the show.  However, they had 14 pros at the announcement.  The 2 new pros are a married couple that are dance champions that have competed both in the US and internationally in all four dance styles... Latin, Ballroom, Ten dance, and Show dance.  They have been dancing together for 10 years.  Now whether they will actually partnered with someone is unknown but their feeling is that they will be featured dancers.

My hope is that without the troupe, they just might be going back to the basics of the show and featuring the couples in the dances without all the extraneous sets and a bunch of dancers to distract.  I could see them using the new couple as extras in a dance but only 2 dancers would not take much away from the couple getting judged.

Could it be Riccardo Cocchi & Yulia Zagoruychenko? That would be awesome!

Dutchy23 wrote:
HavaDrPepper wrote:Daniella Karagach and Pasha Pashkov.

They are good dancers, but no champions!

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:26 pm; edited 5 times in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by HavaDrPepper Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 pm

PureDWTS is further speculating that there might be 2 more contestants this season that have not been announced. Lots of rumors have been flying that Rob Gronkowski and his girlfriend will be on the show (yes Jason's friend and retired NFL player).

Gronkowski has an announcement to be made next week. Patriot fans are hoping he comes out of retirement to play this season and he can do that anytime from now til October. By waiting until now, he could avoid playing and possibly injuring himself in pre-season games but would still be eligible for regular season.

Sort of makes sense that there are 2 extra pros... in case Gronk (who has long desired to be on DWTS) and his girlfriend decide to do it. Otherwise, they could be there for group pro dancers and back ups if a pro is unable to dance for some reason.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Doats Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:16 am

So Yahoo has a story out today that says Ray Lewis is the favorite to win DWTS with 4:1 odds. Hannah has odds of 14:1.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars-season-28-photos-022627244.html

Seriously, a guy convicted of obstruction of justice in a murder investigation is supposed to be the people's favorite? I sure hope BN proves this article wrong.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 am

Doats wrote:So Yahoo has a story out today that says Ray Lewis is the favorite to win DWTS with 4:1 odds. Hannah has odds of 14:1.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars-season-28-photos-022627244.html

Seriously, a guy convicted of obstruction of justice in a murder investigation is supposed to be the people's favorite? I sure hope BN proves this article wrong.

I don't know who made these odds but they are seriously screwed. They gave better odds to a 65 year old Christy Brinkley and 75 year old Mary Wilson than they did to Hannah? I have yet to see any model on this show have any serious dance abilities, forget about the age factor. Admittedly, I have yet to see anyone dance, but I expect just by virtue of her age, that Hannah will do better than either of these ladies.

Last edited by Sprite on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:39 am

Yeah, all the odds makers are totally off on their predictions.

I wonder if they even considered that there are voting changes this year. From what I'm reading it is live voting during the show that half the country won't even be seeing during voting times. Not really sure how this is going to work. May be an even bigger dumpster fire if west coast people vote "blindly" for someone that is truly bad and someone good gets sent home because evidently voting results are for that night's elimination. question

But I will say.... hot dang... Christie is DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* 1105969562 in her individual photo.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:06 am

Doats wrote:So Yahoo has a story out today that says Ray Lewis is the favorite to win DWTS with 4:1 odds. Hannah has odds of 14:1.

@Doats
I totally get what you’re saying but, “the people’s favorite” is not supposed to win unless they are also the best dancer. Hopefully, the new voting process will move us closer to that outcome.

IF Hannah is also one of the best dancers, she should have enough votes to win. I think it’s quite likely she can win on the merits.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:21 pm

@Chgohighlife I completely agree that the "people's favorite" is not supposed to win unless he/she is the best dancer. In fact, I couldn't agree more. But I also think that the "judges' favorite" should not win unless he/she is the best dancer. They often vote too favorably on Disney connections and Olympians. JMO...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:31 pm

Doats wrote:@Chgohighlife I completely agree that the "people's favorite" is not supposed to win unless he/she is the best dancer. In fact, I couldn't agree more. But I also think that the "judges' favorite" should not win unless he/she is the best dancer. They often vote too favorably on Disney connections and Olympians. JMO...

@Doats
You are certainly right about that. The judges anger me every season with their obvious biases. Also, I don’t know how to interpret the fact that Alan is Hannah’s partner. They will certainly be a beautiful couple to watch but, is he commanding, skillful, strategic and creative enough to win?

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:59 pm

One thing I like about Alan is that he is not known to force sexy into every dance he does like other pros. Which is why I am thankful he is Hannah's partner. I honestly feel sad for Lauren having Gleb as a partner, I would have liked to have seen her with Brandon or Keo.

This could be Alan's breakout year as a pro if he and Hannah mesh quite well. If you think back about some of the other very popular pros, they had breakout years which started their rise in popularity when they had partners that they meshed with really well. I always questioned Keo but last year proved to me he has it in him as well. I loved watching him and Evanna. Too bad they chose to sideline him as a pro this season.

The one in my opinion that reflects this the most is Maks. He started in season 2 but who remembers him with Tia Carrere. Then season 3 he had Willa Ford... which is where I started to notice him. Season 4 was Laila Ali and they made the finals. Season 5 was Mel B... boom. His popularity skyrocketed and those dances are some of his most remembered over his career on the show. I honestly remember them more than his dances with Meryl.

Alan's partners so far have been Debbie Gibson, Mirai Nagasu and Alexis Ren. I didn't watch his dances with Debbie since I waited til later in the season to watch and saw none of the season with Mirai. The downfall of his season with Alexis was the production meddling and forcing the showmance which was overshadowing what he was there to do... teach her how to dance. I'm not sure his and Alexis personalities complemented each other either when I think he and Hannah do.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:07 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Doats wrote:@Chgohighlife I completely agree that the "people's favorite" is not supposed to win unless he/she is the best dancer. In fact, I couldn't agree more. But I also think that the "judges' favorite" should not win unless he/she is the best dancer. They often vote too favorably on Disney connections and Olympians. JMO...

@Doats
You are certainly right about that. The judges anger me every season with their obvious biases. Also, I don’t know how to interpret the fact that Alan is Hannah’s partner. They will certainly be a beautiful couple to watch but, is he commanding, skillful, strategic and creative enough to win?

More often than not, I feel as there is someone they have picked to win before the season even starts and then favour that person with high scores throughout.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:57 am

@HavaDrPepper totally agree with you about Maks. His best seasons to me were Season 5 with Mel B and Season 10 with Erin Andrews. Yes he won with Meryl Davis but I just couldn't get into their dancing.

I'm a West Coast viewer and sometimes I wait until I watch all the dances first before voting unless I really like a celeb then I will vote before. Just hoping America votes for the correct dancer this time.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* 8367-910 DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* I_got_13 DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* E5kqdm15 DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 am

@Linds911 I also enjoyed his season with Erin. She had a personality that could handle him... she gave it right back! I still remember their dance that included the bed. Then in later seasons IMO he made it all about himself when his partners were not that good. Instead of highlighting their strengths, he tried to cover up their shortcomings by making himself the focus. Val does the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I still love to watch Maks and Val dance. They are very, very good when with the professionals because they are with people that have the same skill set.

It will be interesting to see how Val is with Christie.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 28 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+5
Chgohighlife
Sprite
Doats
HavaDrPepper
GuardianAngel