SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 60 of 76 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 68 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:38 am

@Bobette it's too bad because I really miss the great season like Georgia had and her cast. I feel like that set the bar of what this show (lead and contestants) could be and it's never measured up ever again. I hope they cast better in future but I feel like they struck gold once with Georgia's season but once the show began to be produced by Warner Brothers it changed. I also feel like Angie having her brother there, Evie there, her parents there so early on the show speaks to her lack of ability to be truly open and give in to the show and rely more on other's feedback rather than build and develop her own relationship skills (of which she has relatively none in the romantic area and has never been in love, her words). It's almost like she had them there to "choose" for her. I wonder what she would have done if she was just there on her own and not having all those others brought it. It feels very "produced" and when I really think about it, it takes away from Angie's journey and her own self-discovery and becomes more about her "testing" who is the right one rather than her actually letting down her guard and falling in love and being open to the process. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:43 am

AllAboutLove wrote:once the show began to be produced by Warner Brothers it changed.

I completely agree with this - I noticed a HUGE difference, and not for the better IMO.  :yes:

@ideas_ideas Angie and Yvie were two of my favourites on Gogglebox but having seen Angie solo, I definitely think she benefitted from the partnership.  I feel bad saying that because I know she was worried about not being funny enough on her own, but...

And yes I agree, Angie's favourite changed several times during filming IMO and I think by the end her affections will be spread too thinly to be believable.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 am

@ideas_ideas good points! I thought about it too and then came to the opinion that I think Angie didn't really have an F1 (not someone she really saw herself with longterm from the originals, regardless if she thinks one is hot or funny or whatever), and that's why they brought in Ryan and tried to replicate the Sophie/Stu scenario of a guaranteed ending. But I think that didn't work either and I think it has something to do with Angie and the vibe I get from her which is "I am a celeb (get me out of here) so I have to make sure no one is dating me just to benefit from my celebrity". Which, can be a real thing but honestly it seems more to me like it's a reality-tv self-importance thing, questioning the motives of the men like she is the celebrity lead so it's why she can come across condescending. That disconnect is what I see when watching, like I am watching a "celeb" dating these guys and gogglebox character rather than a bachelorette truly trying to find love and knows what that is so wants it longterm. No lead can choose no one after Honey Badger, but honestly I think Angie would have chosen no one if she could have. I recall Sophie saying she would have chosen none if she could have. It's interesting that only the celeb leads have that approach and imo, it's because they don't see the non-celeb cast on their level but lower than them. Not in a mean way, just the celeb type bubble they've been in due to being "famous" or known before being cast as lead.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:13 am

@AllAboutLove Angie also seems fixated that Carlin is going to use her as a platform to become famous (more famous than her?) which is why I feel like when she got out and had a look at his SM, her concerns/insecurities would have been compounded, and I have my doubts any amount of "communication" will be able to put her at ease.

I also can't imagine her being cool with him going off and working with actresses/models, especially if he's her first "traditionally good looking" BF. I know she's been working on self-love, but I still see insecurities. Which is fair - we all have them - but I just can't see her looking at his picture perfect life and being confident she fits, IYKWIM.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:25 am

@Bobette I can definitely see it that way BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 60 4256136633 I think the non-celebs work so well because they are on even footing with each other. Like a team, both on the same page and fame comes afterwards by them being a couple. I feel like it's the celeb thing that doesn't work for this format. Sophie had to have wealthy Stu come in to try make it seem like a viable option for her but she was already removed from the real world of it all imo with her being well-known. Same with Angie, being so well-known before and coming off of IACGMOOH with other celebs. I don't think it would matter who they cast for Angie though. I think she will go with the F1 type and I'd be surprised if it lasted regardless of who F1 was. I feel like a lot of this season has been VO/ITMs by Angie to try create a narrative of something rather than a romantic connection being shown like I saw with Georgia and other leads who fell in love and real deep connections. So I don't know it would really matter with Angie who the cast was, she'd pick the F1 type that fits (her keeping men after she has questioned them shows me she will do what producers want and knows her tv role). TBH I don't know who I could see Angie with even outside of the show. No one to be honest and I think she'd be very happy that way as she herself has said.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:38 am

Yikes to this which is again Angie confronting and asking Carlin about his acting. Seems like an issue imo and I don't see it ending well, F1 or not. The way Carlin even talks to her as well. Yeah this is not just edit imo, this is issues here imo and I am good with being in a minority opinion on this one. On a season like Georgia's with her F5 contestants, Carlin would likely not even be a part of that top 5 compared to them. jmo

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:40 am

Alright here we go with episode 10.

Source

AllAboutLove wrote:Yikes to this which is again Angie confronting and asking Carlin about his acting. Seems like an issue imo and I don't see it ending well, F1 or not.

Yes, and as I said upthread, once that seed is planted I can't see the audience being cool with it.  Doesn't help when CH 10 are (deliberately?) airing his Tramps ad during eps of Bette.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:45 am

Source

No shortage of bum shots this season, I'll say that. BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 60 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:46 am

CH 10 are airing (deliberately?) his Tramps ad during eps of Bette.

speechless BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 60 1f62e  BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 60 1f440  that's definitely only reinforcing the whole acting thing which they're pushing with him. If there's been issues and trouble since the ending, 10 would know of this and pushing that narrative is something they do have control over so... yikes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 am

This guy is a hoot.  Here's his IG in case anyone's interested: https://www.instagram.com/stories/jacksonbrownn__/

Source

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 am

Budget cut? No special date for Tim and Angie

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:50 am

laugh out loud "jackson's got one too people" 

hahahaha the best part of this season is the comedy  BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 60 3806527698 That's the problem when it's more funny than romantic  hmmm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 76 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 68 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+37
Ule.m
Fermont girl
Loulou
Fan4life
jenski_tas
BadDayBadDayBOOMGoodDay
Storybook
Jolena
Just Looking
Norcalgal
Sprite