Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@gmail.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum

Post by Jolena on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm

It was becoming more and more apparent as the weeks went on that something was up with them.I'm sorry to hear of their breakup. I thought for sure these two would make it. The best to both of them individually in wherever their lives take them. sad
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 2791

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum

Post by ZeegaZigHah on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:36 am

Hi Bachie fans, just posting this here since all the other Matt Agnew The Bachelor threads are already locked. A little lookback at and question about the former Bachelor.

Just stating that for someone who took all the trouble of botox (speculatively Hugesmile ) and obviously hair dyes, eyebrow darkening and consistent and rigid gym trainings plus massive calorie restrictions (ouch), and also! studying like a true nerd "how to screen kiss"  laugh out loud , all to shape up as The Bachelor with the innermost (IMO) intention to become a Science TV/Media person (aside from the snoggy perks left & right, of course giggling ), his SOCIAL MEDIA has been MOSTLY SILENT since coming out of the show, as far as Science talk is concerned.

Aside from a little snippet of what appears to be small sciency thought one week, then an upcoming science event announcement the next, NOTHING SUBSTANTIALLY SCIENCY has really been coming out of the former Bachelor, Dr. Matt Agnew.

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Mattsi11

*CRICKETS*   *CRICKETS*   *CRICKETS*

Matt has stated in many interviews and guestings during and after the show that he'd "always wanted to make science easily accessible" to the public, along that line. Though he had a disclaimer of not having "the delusion", but hey, being The Bachelor stages a person to wide open gates, right? No doubt.

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen14

https://youtu.be/dwTxA9mI92A?t=389

And for a TV star to unnecessarily place (as a fellow Bachie viewer has stated here) "Dr." on his instagram handle, with 181K followers (well that's A LOTTTTTTT compared to a lot of Australian TV stars, including Osher's 139k who's in The Bachelor every single season Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum - Page 14 4256136633) DR. Matt Agnew has been totally wasting precious golden exposure to make his contribution to "making science", Astrophysics in his context, "accessible to the public".

Aaaaand with the #AustralianBushfires going on, Dr. Matt could have that golden opportunity to glowingly fill the brains and curiousities of young and not so young Bachelor followers on climate change=bushfire=atmosphere=outerspace talks.

Hey, it doesn't take a social media expert or a stat scientist to figure why his instagram should have been his own personal medium for educational molten gold!

Well, that's just all my opinion. I'm not particularly a STEM person, but I so dig science talks in popular media. Maybe the very reason why I decided to waste my time watching The Bachelor because of the overly-hyped scientist lead that the show "discovered".  no idea

I don't blame him if Chelsie is not really "the one" for him. It's the way he handled most things in public that have been just too superficial or actingy (IMO) to give off that genuine love aroma coming from him. Chelsie seems to have a fragile heart who needs quality & quantity time from a relationship, and Matt obviously could not give that for some reasons. Despite having his little calculation of "The Bachelor Australia has a pretty good statistic of finding long term relationships of 50%", maybe he's already figured by now, thanks to "just life" Hugesmile , it's now down to 43%. But who can really blame the guy, he's just a person on his own growth, just like everyone else, after all.  no idea

But failing on the public sciency pursuit bit after being The Bachelor?  duh   scratch   question

IMO he is doing some sort of sacrifice. A sacrifice Matt Agnew makes just to hide from all your fan questions out there  hi . Really, he has been mostly hiding from all instagram exchanges with fans regarding Chelsie since they went official. I still believe though that they had a real relationship, but lurrve as much lurrve as Chelsie had for him??? Nah. A person as extroverted a geek as Matt wouldn't be able to stop talking about what he's passionate about if he really had been passionate about that relationship.

We understood they were kind of going the "private route' with only 2 or 3 poorly snapped date photos together post-show like they were still hiding. But opportunities for Bachie fans to flood his science post with Chelsie questions even if he didn't have to reply to everyone while they were still on? Not for extroverted Matt, it appeared.

So there, Matt Agnew, former Bachelor star, a genuine pursuer of being a 'Science Man for the public" with 181K Instagram followers and 6 weeks of The Bachelor Australia, is a Silent Science Man   :lookout  .

By the way, speaking of stats, this "sample size" convo with Lee Constable is kind of funny.

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen13

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7358657/Bachelor-Matt-Agnew-gets-flirty-Science-TV-presenter.html#v-8299131836368731207

ZeegaZigHah

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:54 pm

'Silent science man' laugh out loud Love it @ZeegaZigHah

You're right though! Omg with 180k followers he could (and should, imo) do a lot of public education on 'science stuff' like climate change and plastics in landfill etc. Yes I know that's not astrophysics stuff but I don't think that matters at this point in time, someone with a public face and a doctorate in any kind of science field really should be taking advantage of the opportunity imo. Then he can sneak some 'aliens are out there' stuff as well.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeegaZigHah on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Yeah @leavers , especially that bushfires always effects on atmospheric pressures, he can have a lot to say about that. And yes, people can never get enough of "aliens are out there" speculations. Hugesmile

Little children of all ages always want, and need, to know science, you know.  

ZeegaZigHah

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Yep would be great to see him in some type regular media presenter/educational role, would be a shame to see his passion and education go to waste after the exposure from the show imo.

Probably he's just keeping a low profile because of the break up, and the potential back lash he may get if he was seen to be flogging a new venture off the back of the show. To be honest, I respect him for his quietness, no pretence, and what I've seen of his public activity since the show and I hope he's ok. I feel the same about Chelsie.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by potpot712 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 pm

He did mention before that he had absolutely no aspirations to be an instagram influencer. His social media presence (or lack of) is consistent with that statement. The dude has a day job which is not an easy one too ( I am a chem engr trying to pivot to data science like he did and I find it very challenging). I think he spoke true when he said he went to the bachelor to find love (or at least he wanted to kiss many girls)...but he is cut from a different cloth compared to previous bachelors. If he doesnt wanna promote himself or science....let him be. A gregarious personality may not necessarily extend to social media, especially if his bread and butter isnt dependent on it. I wanna see more of him though. He is too cute to go back to oblivion

potpot712

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:42 pm

@potpot712 IA, he is too cute to just disappear completely. I thought I’d like to hear him talk at his event in Adelaide on 14 Feb. I wonder if he regrets not choosing Abbie

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by potpot712 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:37 am

@Just Looking wrote:@potpot712 IA, he is too cute to just disappear completely.  I thought I’d like to hear him talk at his event in Adelaide on 14 Feb.  I wonder if he regrets not choosing Abbie

Haha, yes he is very cute. I was planning to go to Adelaide too specifically for his event. Not sure how I feel about him now after their break-up though. But yes, I wish he doesn't fade away just like that.

potpot712

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Fan Forum

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum