SELECT CONTENT

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Page 15 of 79 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Astrobach Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:33 am

Bleiby527 wrote:
smg2587 wrote:I don't understand how from what we know Tyler has felt this way its going back because he is talking about it again. Is he suppose to bring it up any random time he wants and more people will say its pandering. He brought it up again because he saw the clip from what we know. I don't understand how people can say his opinion changed because who he was dating at the time. He at least express these feelings when he was just one of the guys competing for Hannah's heart and from what we know at a time from what he knew she was engage to another man. Whos to say they where gone just because he didn't bring it up for two months. He brought up his opinion on transgender issues both while the show was airing and still with Gigi (a story he made about a speech a transgender model he made the day he got back to NYC from the Netherlands with Gigi at a fashion event he attended). So how is he going back on his opinion just because he didn't bring up is feelings about women's right to do what she wanted for a two month period? How is it proof he changed and "went back"? Maybe I am not getting it. How does one go back from there opinion on a subject just because they don't bring it up at random times. Because if they did bring it up at random times you would hear more people say its pandering or not genuine. I am probably not making much sense for some but I don't really get the issue with this. All jmho.

I personally find Tyler to be more open since his Gigi breakup during New York Fashion Week. Compare his Juliet Litman podcast during the Gigi relationship (mostly about travel and sports) and his Juliet Litman podcast after the Gigi relationship (boners galore). I didn't see him Tweet his "respectful king" (to quote Lauren Zima) schtick during the Gigi relationship and now he's doing it again. To me, it doesn't mean he stopped being a feminist during the month of August, it means that he was probably worried about an NDA that he signed in order to date Gigi. IMO.

So, I’m not sure I understand your point but are you saying that because he had an ‘NDA’ ( which we have no prof of as far as I know) he couldn’t post anything relating to his support of feminism ? ?? How does that even have anything to do with Gigi or not? Isn’t he free to comment as he wish on SM about the subjects that interest him? I can’t see how his personal opinions were bound to a NDA...that sound more like a gag order...
JMHO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by silverstreams Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:42 am

@Bleiby527 Your theory is Gigi’s NDA prevented him from tweeting about feminism? Huh? Not everything is related to Gigi, why is there this notion that Tyler was this completely different person with her just because he didn’t tweet as much? As mentioned above he was still championing issues during that period. Sorry but I feel like you’re placing way too much importance on an NDA that we don’t even know existed. JMO

silverstreams

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:10 am

I do think Tyler was different on SM when he was involved with GH. I don’t think it was necessarily about an NDA, but more so that the increased scrutiny probably made him a little more careful with what he posted and said. Like I don’t think if he was still with GH he would’ve commented on the Kimye thing. I don’t think his beliefs changed but I don’t think he would’ve tweeted about it and made his feelings public. It’s jmo though.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:19 am

silverstreams wrote:@Bleiby527 Your theory is Gigi’s NDA prevented him from tweeting about feminism? Huh? Not everything is related to Gigi, why is there this notion that Tyler was this completely different person with her just because he didn’t tweet as much? As mentioned above he was still championing issues during that period. Sorry but I feel like you’re placing way too much importance on an NDA that we don’t even know existed. JMO

The NDA might have had a controversial content clause or as Renee stated Tyler might have self censored due to the increased scrutiny that comes when dating someone who is at that level of fame. IMO

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by silverstreams Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:48 am

Bleiby527 wrote:
silverstreams wrote:@Bleiby527 Your theory is Gigi’s NDA prevented him from tweeting about feminism? Huh? Not everything is related to Gigi, why is there this notion that Tyler was this completely different person with her just because he didn’t tweet as much? As mentioned above he was still championing issues during that period. Sorry but I feel like you’re placing way too much importance on an NDA that we don’t even know existed. JMO

The NDA might have had a controversial content clause or as Renee stated Tyler might have self censored due to the increased scrutiny that comes when dating someone who is at that level of fame. IMO

This I can understand but it doesn’t have to mean that it was an NDA, most people in high profile situations conduct themselves differently in public. It doesn’t mean they’re being someone they’re not.

silverstreams

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:04 am

Bleiby527 wrote:
lleyki wrote:
Tyler sounds like he wants back the identity he had during the airing of the show, of a guy who supports and cheers on women. IMO.

"wants back"? Um did he lose it somewhere?

Well he didn't Tweet anything similar to what he posted about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian during the Gigi days. So yes "wants back."

And did anything in that vein happen during that time? And let me see if I get this straight. guy responds to a clip and makes one post and there's a whole convo on his pandering. Yet, his not making posts like these was clearly because somehow he was not allowed to have feminist opinions when he was with Gigi.

Gigi who has waded in political waters discussing Palestinian/Muslim issues. *snark*.. *telling others what to do* *Snark*

I think where I'm most opposite in all of this is that as far as I'm concerned, one, the feminist king stuff was grossly over-exaggerated in my opinion. Not saying that Tyler is not a feminist because I believe he's indicated he is. *judging member's opinions* Tyler commented on his season like many other contestants in the past have done and in doing so, at points defended Hannah's choices because let's face it, she was getting sl*t-shamed by some viewers.

For as many fans as she had, there were just as many who dragged her for all her makeouts, the sex in the windmill, etc. And so yes, Tyler defended her, and good for him. And I remember his making some comments about the U.S. women's soccer team. *Judging members opinions*

And so that brings me to my second point, that it's why I've never seen this big dramatic change many insisted happened with him and his social media habits. Far as I  could tell, the most dramatic shift in Tyler's social media habits, was his going silent whenever he was with Gigi. That said, *judging members opinions* when with her, despite the fact that most times Gigi would go silent on social media too.

But as they always say, perception is reality and *judging members opinions* silenced by this woman who was using him for P.R. and so everything was read and looked at through those lens. And so now he's been "freed" I guess, he's now "himself" again. Meanwhile I just think more was simply being read into things *judging members opinions* . If you want to assume the worse, you're always going to see "signs" of this.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 am

lleyki wrote:
Bleiby527 wrote:
lleyki wrote:
Tyler sounds like he wants back the identity he had during the airing of the show, of a guy who supports and cheers on women. IMO.

Well he didn't Tweet anything similar to what he posted about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian during the Gigi days. So yes "wants back."
Bleiby527 wrote:
lleyki wrote:

And did anything in that vein happen during that time? And let me see if I get this straight. guy responds to a clip and makes one post and there's a whole convo on his pandering. Yet, his not making posts like these was clearly because somehow he was not allowed to have feminist opinions when he was with Gigi.

Gigi who has waded in political waters discussing Palestinian/Muslim issues. *snark*.. *telling others what to do* *Snark*

I think where I'm most opposite in all of this is that as far as I'm concerned, one, the feminist king stuff was grossly over-exaggerated in my opinion. Not saying that Tyler is not a feminist because I believe he's indicated he is. *judging member's opinions* Tyler commented on his season like many other contestants in the past have done and in doing so, at points defended Hannah's choices because let's face it, she was getting sl*t-shamed by some viewers.

For as many fans as she had, there were just as many who dragged her for all her makeouts, the sex in the windmill, etc. And so yes, Tyler defended her, and good for him. And I remember his making some comments about the U.S. women's soccer team. *Judging members opinions*

And so that brings me to my second point, that it's why I've never seen this big dramatic change many insisted happened with him and his social media habits. Far as I  could tell, the most dramatic shift in Tyler's social media habits, was his going silent whenever he was with Gigi. That said, *judging members opinions* when with her, despite the fact that most times Gigi would go silent on social media too.

But as they always say, perception is reality and *judging members opinions* silenced by this woman who was using him for P.R. and so everything was read and looked at through those lens. And so now he's been "freed" I guess, he's now "himself" again. Meanwhile I just think more was simply being read into things *judging members opinions* . If you want to assume the worse, you're always going to see "signs" of this.

@Ileyki
Thanks for a thoughtful and IMO objective, agenda-free, factual (with examples) post. I agree with every word.  bestbud!  Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 15 1377737533

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by silverstreams Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:41 am

@lleyki I agree with your post and let me just state my question wasn’t meant to position Tyler as a disingenuous person. I merely brought something up and wanted to know other opinions on it. It was definitely not meant as a conclusive statement on the matter. I definitely don’t buy into Tyler being held hostage by the Hadids or Gigi being some conniving, calculating person who held him back from who he is. That sounds completely over the top IMO.

silverstreams

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:15 pm

silverstreams wrote:@lleyki I agree with your post and let me just state my question wasn’t meant to position Tyler as a disingenuous person. I merely brought something up and wanted to know other opinions on it. It was definitely not meant as a conclusive statement on the matter. I definitely don’t buy into Tyler being held hostage by the Hadids or Gigi being some conniving, calculating person who held him back from who he is. That sounds completely over the top IMO.

My comment was not directed at one specific person but multiple comments. And I didn't think I had to state that I was obviously being hyperbolic with some of my references, though my overall point remains the same.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:18 pm

lleyki wrote:
Bleiby527 wrote:
lleyki wrote:

Bleiby527 wrote:
lleyki wrote:

He wasn't held hostage when he was Gigi but he obviously was not able to post Instagram stories or pictures while he was with her. He had to censor himself by not posting and I think that level of censorship and scrutiny extended (either because of an NDA or his own self-censoring anxiety about posting the wrong thing when with such a famous person) to his entire social media presence. To me, he seems much more like himself now and he seemed like a ghost of himself when he was with Gigi. IMO

Welcome back, Tyler!

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Tyler posting a pic that included his long term female friend caused all kinds of grief for both her and him. She temporarily made her IG private because of trolls. Tyler talked about it briefly when he was on Viall Files.
Life, post-show, for Tyler is altered and his new reality.
IMO in his past or future, posting pics or stories with someone he has begun seeing romantically is very problematic if they are still just getting to know each other.
Historically what has worked for many BN alum is to wait until they have dated enough to know they are gf/bf. Until that point, it’s just casual and undefined so why invite the public in? There are exceptions like Kaitlyn/Jason however high profile couple Sarah/Wells were private early on. Even Ashley/Jared kept their dating under wraps for a month or 2.
I see it less as self censoring; more of a way to protect and allow time to potentially develop something without public involvement.
Unlike typical dating, BN alum probably have a talk early on, with  anyone they see romantic potential with, about something other people don’t have to deal with - paps, trolls, media. That talk is about what will or won’t be disclosed at any given time and to who or in what form. Ben has talked about how he kept his dating Jessica under wraps. I doubt he had her sign a NDA but in essence it equates to the same framework. It’s an unfortunate side of being highly recognizable but it is what it is. BN folk are aware or become aware and IMO do what works best to enhance their personal life.
All JMO Smiley

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by smg2587 Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Do we actually know anyone from the franchise well enough to tell the real them? Honestly I really want to know how do we know who the real Tyler is. We know the Tyler from an edited television show and from what they share on social media. And from what I seen Tyler is very selective on what he shows on social media. You will rarely see him showing something that isn't related to sports, running, food, or abcfoodtours. You will get a pop culture reference here and there. The guy didn't comment on his father being back in the hospital on social media or even acknowledge his mother's post on the subject and only brought up the hurricane that could of affect his love ones when it came to relief efforts for the Bahamas. How do we know what the real him is? I follow him because of I like what I see from what he shows on social media. And I will admit I stopped following contestant because I don't really like there social media but still like the person Hannah and Rachel being two examples. I just don't really don't get the argument he is himself again on social media because I never got the sense he was an open book on social media. I think we can say he is putting up more content or sharing more tweets and stories but that he is back to himself confuses me a lot. We don't know the ins and outs of these people that come on this show. I don't think the shows edits or what they share on social media is even half of these people's personality. All jmho.

smg2587

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 79 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

+55
forrealspeople
albean99
bachefan
bleuberry
Pichic121