SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:31 pm

Bobette wrote:
leavers wrote:I'd be okay with them bringing back old contestants. Why not? Brooke is single, sporty and from Perth, makes sense.

It does seem rather coincidental doesn't it?  Need to keep an eye on Helena too IMO.  :detective

They could do returnee WA intruders - that would piss the original cast off I'm sure. Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 3806527698

Oh yes, forgot about Helena but she's a possibility, I can def see her wanting to stay in the franchise jmo (I hope tptb are reading haha)

@sprout I agree, I don't watch Survivor so he's a nobody to me which is fine but he doesn't do it for me aesthetically and I've found what I've seen of his personality so far to be milquetoast

But oh well, it's all about the contestants and the race to F1 so that's fine I guess laugh out loud
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1327

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:01 am

@leavers Yeah I think Locky would be a better fit for Helena than Matt - she needs someone more physical and less cerebral IMO or else it's all talk and overthinking till she gets to the point where she just carn't.  laugh out loud

p.s. Thank you for introducing me to the phrase milquetoast!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:17 am

Articles coming thick and fast from Now to Love toady.  I think they've known about Locky for quite a while to be this prepared...

Meet The Bachelor Locky Gilbert's reality TV star ex-girlfriends
Well well well, looks like someone has a type!

Survivor heartthrob Locky Gilbert is about to have 20-odd stunning women throwing themselves at him on the upcoming season of The Bachelor.

But before the 27-year-old adventure guide can settle into his new role as the most coveted single man in Australia, we're going to rake through his romantic history with a fine-tooth comb and dredge up all the petty drama from his previous relationships.

Locky has had two major relationships in recent years, both with women who have starred on Australian reality TV shows.

Ex-Girlfriend #1: Meet Locky's Survivor co-star Brooke Jowett

Locky's most recent relationship was with his Australian Survivor: All Stars co-star Brooke Jowett.
The pair had chatted a bit on Instagram before they met in person in Fiji for the first time last year, but the second they locked eyes on each other, they knew their connection was serious.
"It was instant, like, you're my person," Brooke, 27, told TV WEEK on Monday, when asked about meeting Locky for the first time on the island.
"We'd chatted a bit through Instagram beforehand – nothing crazy, just talking about travel – but I thought he was cute too. As soon as we got there, we were joined at the hip."
The Melbourne-based personal trainer says she and Locky tried to keep their growing connection "on the downlow, but it was hard".
"I'd think, 'Does he like me? Or is just using me [in the game]?'" she said. "And he's thinking the same about me!"
She added: "But really, I trusted him from the start, and it was nice to have someone who made you feel good and not miss home so much."

But once filming wrapped, their relationship didn't translate into the real world, with the pair based on opposite sides of the country.
"He's in Perth and Bali, and I'm in Melbourne. His work means he'd want me to go to him, but I won't leave my family and my dog. I'm also really focused on my career," Brooke said.
"It's a lot more difficult in the real world than it was out there."
When asked about a possible reunion between herself and Locky by TV WEEK, Brooke seemed to think it could totally be a thing.
"It's still on the cards," she said.
"We haven't completely written it off, it's just very complicated with the distance. It's such an obstacle."
Even Locky himself says pair "still talk fairly often", the new Bachie told Perth Now last month, though he confirmed, "I am single".

But it seems Brooke was totally blindsided by new former beau's announcement that he would be dating 20-something women on national television.
Just hours before Channel 10 made the official announcement in early March, Brooke posted a loving tribute to Locky on Instagram, alongside a cute couple photo of the pair.
"Thankyou for being my ride or die and the greatest big manly blanket I could have asked for 😔❤ @locklangilbert #survivorau," she wrote.
Even Brooke's Instagram followers were confused by the photo.
"So does this mean you're going to be on The Bachelor? Because you could totally take those girls down 💪🏻💪🏻," one fan wrote, while another asked, "Are you guys a couple?"
A third person comment: "So, now you enter the Bachelor and win his heart again and complete the love story we all want to see?"
Australia is totally shipping these two!

And if Brooke's activity on Twitter is anything to go by, she is less-than-thrilled about Locky going on The Bachelor.
In response to a fan who tweeted, "Locky gets voted out of @Survivor_AU last night and this morning is announced as the new Bachelor. Poor Brooke", she posted a downcast GIF from The Simpsons of Millhouse attempting to throw a frisbee.

And when fans took to Locky's own Instagram page to question the star about his relationship with Brooke - the comments section on his Bachie announcement post is peppered with "What about Brooke?" and "Brooke tho?" remarks - Brooke herself had the perfect response.
She wrote "She'll survive xx", and also responded to another comment with a withering rose emoji.

When asked about his relationship with Brooke just hours after being announced as the new Bachie, Locky seemed to suggest that his romance with Brooke was a Survivor-only type of fling.
"Yeah um, Brooke's an amazing girl, but the thing is, it was filmed like 5 months ago," he told KIIS FM's Kyle and Jackie O show.
"So, it was quite a while ago and on the show you just want to have that person that you can fully trust, and like, if you don't you can kind of lose your mind out there. So, me and Brooke just connected, we had lots to talk about. I think that really helped me in the game."
Interestingly, being used as part of the "game" of Survivor was a concern of Brooke's throughout their relationship.
She told TV WEEK the pair tried to keep their growing connection "on the downlow, but it was hard".
"I'd think, 'Does he like me? Or is just using me [in the game]?'" she said. "And he's thinking the same about me!"
She added: "But really, I trusted him from the start, and it was nice to have someone who made you feel good and not miss home so much."
Totally fair enough, we reckon.

Ex-Girlfriend #2: Love Island Australia S2 contestant Jordan Cayess

Before he went on Survivor for the very first time in 2017, Locky dated former Love Island Australia season 2 contestant Jordan Cayless.
The last time they were pictured together on Jordan's Instagram was January 2019, and a few months later in October 2019, Jordan was revealed as an intruder on Love Island Australia. Locky's last Instagram photo with Jordan was posted in December 2018.
FYI, she's now completely moved on from Locky and is dating a personal trainer in Perth, Gerard Majda.

It seems distance has always been a problem for Locky in his previous relationships.
In a 2017 interview with TV WEEK, Locky admitted the pair, who had been dating for a year at the time, were in a long-distance relationship.
"Our relationship has always been away from each other," Locky said of his relationship with Jordan, revealing the pair met at an Australia Day party in their hometown of Perth.
"This year, both of us have been on seven different trips and not one has been together."

Locky revealed that while Jordan was "secure" in their relationship, she was still concerned he'd be tempted to cheat.
"She's a little worried about me," he confessed on the Kyle and Jackie O show at the time.
"We watched a few Survivors together and she was like, 'Oh no you're going to have to cuddle people,'" Locky spilled.
"We had like a cuddling rule, like no touching at the waist and stuff."

And, when asked if he would want to spent the Survivor prize money on an engagement ring, Locky told TV WEEK: "She'd [Jordan] be pretty happy if I did, but I think it would go straight on adventure and starting up a company or something."
He said locking down a partner and settling down was tricky with his work.
"I know I definitely do [want a family], but the lifestyle I live is really hard," he explained at the time.
"I know once I have kids, I'm going to have to stop that."

Source

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:41 am

I should have guessed it was him! while watching survivor he actually pretended to be the bachelor and was practising handing out roses to the girls in a mock RC!!! I thought it was suss then laugh out loud
One thing i am going to say is IMO Locky will choose a brunette that lives in Perth ;)
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kas_256 Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 am

LeapofFaith wrote:I should have guessed it was him! while watching survivor he actually pretended to be the bachelor and was practising handing out roses to the girls in a mock RC!!! I thought it was suss then laugh out loud
One thing i am going to say is IMO Locky will choose a brunette that lives in Perth ;)

Oh yes I totally forgot about the mock rose ceremony!! I thought it was hilarious at the time.
Do you think he would have been in talks 5 months ago when this was filmed?

Kas_256

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:32 am

Is he 27 or 30? Either way, he looks a lot older. I've been dipping in and out of Survivor and like that he is a manly-man, but I hope he has more going on than just being an adventure lover.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:34 am

@Agent99 he says in the radio interview he's 30 so I think the journalist just failed in their research.  laugh out loud  He also said they haven't filmed the night 1 intros yet so DM were off saying filming had already started - unless they meant B-roll/promo stuff.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:40 am

LeapofFaith wrote:I should have guessed it was him! while watching survivor he actually pretended to be the bachelor and was practising handing out roses to the girls in a mock RC!!! I thought it was suss then laugh out loud

Hope you don't mean Rachel   Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 3806527698

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:21 am

Other from the Survivor thinks he is in it for fame.

https://celebrity.nine.com.au/tv/the-bachelor-australia-locky-gilbert-survivor-cast-react-to-casting/d49899f6-5794-4b6b-be46-88a18e2a248c

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:11 am

I have to say I know NOTHING of this guy OR his Survivor stunt etc.... BUT he smells REALLY fishy, opportunistic and macho. That’s all for now. I just skimmed through the above info, not in detail, but the fact that he dated Jordan that ended up in Love Island, then his ‘ affair’ with Brooke on Survivor, which looks like he took advantage of her to advance his game, and his whole demeanor on the radio...
Might be fun to watch but I’m not believing in a guy looking for love... just yet.
no idea
JMOAA
ETA just listened to the Jackie radio thing and he’s all over the place. 2. Seems to me THEY decided quickly, maybe someone else dropped out? Seemed like a rush one to me. 3. He says he is looking for someone to ‘reign him in’ but he doesn’t want to really give up his ‘ adventures’ as I said, seems like a new adventure full of opportunities, $, women, travel and adventure . Not much talk about actual partner, love, relationship etc.

Last edited by Astrobach on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:16 am

Not sure why he wasn't on The Project tonight

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Bobette wrote:@Agent99 he says in the radio interview he's 30 so I think the journalist just failed in their research.  laugh out loud  He also said they haven't filmed the night 1 intros yet so DM were off saying filming had already started - unless they meant B-roll/promo stuff.

And Avatar Ciarran says "oops"

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+19
Sundy
Zaynab
butterflylove
Idlemess
Kas_256
Dirty Street Pie
Enough
Sprite
Just Looking
Astrobach
Agent99