SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 1 of 59 1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * Empty Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 pm

Post all social media and media regarding Bachelorette New Zealand Season 1 here. (@GuardianAngel could you create an All-Topics thread on the homepage and I can then create threads for in there and move this one too? TYSM Smiley )

Exciting news! Looking forward to watching BetteNZ S1! thumbsup

official IG account for BetteNZ https://www.instagram.com/thebachelorette_nz/

Bobette wrote:
mercieme wrote:@allaboutlove....I saw this on Reddit, no idea if true or not.

Bachelorette NZ Season 1 and speculation that it’s gonna be Lily.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/tv/30-10-2019/compelling-i-think-lily-mcmanus-will-be-on-the-bachelorette-nz/

OH.  MY GOD.  Would be a dream come true.  theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * 3806527698

She's the only "old" contestant I follow on IG and she's been very quiet lately - VERY quiet.  People were concerned because she had a car accident a few weeks ago and sustained a head injury (concussion) and then just dropped off the radar.  

She posted a story a this week ago reassuring people she was OK and saying she'd had a lot of thinking to do - so fits with being made an offer like this.  Also she was all glammed - looked like she may have come from a posh meeting/dinner.

She did Celebrity Treasure Island earlier this year too so would be fresh in the NZ audience mind.  Now would be the time to do it.  I was actually thinking she might make an appearance on BiP AU but a whole season of Lily would be even better.

INTERESTING.  Thanks @mercieme.  thumbsup

Compelling: I think Lily McManus will be on The Bachelorette NZ

Could beloved reality star Lily McManus be New Zealand’s first ever Bachelorette? Alex Casey assesses the evidence.

It’s a hard time to be a lover of reality romance in New Zealand. Love Island NZ has been put on ice as Three faces an uncertain future. Married at First Sight NZ also looks like it won’t be coming back which, after the number of times Jimmy said “sl*t” during the finale, is probably for the best. The only hope left for us doe-eyed dreamers is that The Bachelorette NZ – coming to TVNZ next year – will heal our broken hearts.

And reader, I’ve been handed a piping hot tip that would make cherubs cry – that Lily McManus is going to be the brave woman to step into The Bachelorette stilettos. That’s right, Lily with the Shooeys, Lily with the tattooed feet, Lily with the phenomenal soundbites. It’s an intriguing thought, it’s an exciting thought, it’s an extremely plausible thought. Please allow me to approach the Bachelor bench and assess the evidence.

Exhibit A: Rich history in reality TV

With this being TVNZ’s first local foray into The Bachelor franchise – and the first ever season of The Bachelorette NZ in history – the network is probably going to want it in a pair of safe hands. At just 23, Lily McManus has already appeared on The Bachelor NZ (runner-up to Viarni Bright who ended up runner-up to Erin Simpson), The Bachelor Winter Games (was the breakout star of the show, made a bizarre comedy pilot off the back of it) and Celebrity Treasure Island NZ (got eliminated due to poor cat-stacking).

She’s a seasoned pro and easily the most interesting person to ever appear in a Bachelor franchise (apart from maybe Rosie, who walked out on Art Green in episode one because she wanted to date a sniper). Back in 2017, when she first skateboarded onto our screens, I wrote this: “Lily was amazing, right from the moment she thought she was 17 years old (she’s 20) all the way until she took a big swig of Zac’s beer and barked Aussie slang at him.”

Also, New Zealand men are notoriously bad at letting down their walls, being an open book and wearing their hearts on their sleeves. And, two years down the track, it’s easy to forget just how melty Lily made Zac Franich back in season three of The Bachelor NZ. She wrote conversation starters up her thigh, she did that cool cross arm drink thing on the plane, she tore out a rude page from a magazine and gave it to Zac at the cocktail party.

Look, if anyone has enough hectic energy to date over 20 repressed New Zealand blokes at once, it’s Lily.

Exhibit B: She’s sublet her room

The Spinoff became aware that McManus has sublet her room until December 7, after a source contacted The Spinoff to tell them that she’s sublet her room until December 7. A month and a bit seems like more than enough time to find love among the fairy lights in my humble, honest, heartfelt, haunted opinion. It’s also possible that avid traveller Lily has just gone overseas for a while, but it becomes harder to believe when we assess the next piece of evidence.

Exhibit C: She’s gone dark on Instagram

With a hungry mob of 129,000 followers, it seems unusual that Lily, who normally posts at least once a week, has been quiet for well over two weeks. In her last post she talks about being concussed and trying to remember whether or not she likes crunchy peanut butter, which could also suggest she has maybe just forgotten her password.

Despite posting nothing herself, her last tagged photo was taken just today at Goose Boards in Auckland, where she appears to have made her own skateboard. A couple of things to note here: 1) sounds like an excellent one on one date for a notoriously keen skater and 2) check out how suspiciously well-lit this garage is?

I asked an anonymous expert if it looked like it was lit for filming, say, a reality TV show. “Yep I reckon,” they said. “But I’m not an expert.” CASE CLOSED.

Exhibit D: Recent haircut, your honour

I mean, who in their right MINDS gets a haircut at a fancy Ponsonby salon if not to prepare to date 20+ men at once? Absolutely nobody. No further questions AT THIS TIME.

Exhibit E: She has a greater purpose

Lily isn’t here, to borrow a phrase from Jordan Mauger, to **** spiders. After competing for The National Foundation for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing on Celebrity Treasure Island NZ, and being open about her own experience with hearing loss, she was recently announced as the national youth ambassador for the organisation. Knowing the platform that reality television can provide for an issue very close to her heart, I can’t see why Lily wouldn’t seize the opportunity to do it all again.

Exhibit F: TVNZ are playing coy

When contacted by our investigative entertainment unit, TVNZ had this to say: “At this stage TVNZ can’t confirm or deny who our Bachelorette is. Viewers will have to stay tuned to see who’s going to be handing out the roses next year on their fairy-tale journey for love.”

Exhibit G: And so is she…

McManus has not responded to The Spinoff’s inquiries, at which point The Spinoff would like to point to THIS piece of evidence from 2017, where a member from The Spinoff’s investigative entertainment unit contacted McManus after the finale of The Bachelor NZ S3. The Spinoff would argue that McManus’ characterising of the suggestion as coming from an “angel” means that she perceives going on The Bachelorette as part of her celestial destiny.

The Spinoff would also hasten to remind readers that we have been very wrong about this stuff before…. but we’ve also been very, VERY right

Love The Spinoff? The best way to support us is to join The Spinoff Members. For just $2 a week you can help us hire more journalists – and receive a FREE copy of our first book.

The Spinoff Weekly compiles the best stories of the week – an essential guide to modern life in New Zealand, emailed out on Monday evenings.

Source

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Art Green (bach NZ S1) is the host for Bachelorette NZ!!!  cheerleader

How exciting! I will definitely be watching and think he will make a fantastic host! He knows firsthand this show can work and is just so lovely. Haha laugh out loud thinking of him saying "please ladies, say your goodbyes" and being on the other side of things will be sooo interesting having Art in that role. Same with the AFTR/Reunion Tell All. I bet we will get updates on Art and Matilda and their cute son Milo too! Smiley 

Art Green is returning to a TV dating show, this time as host of TVNZ 2's The Bachelorette, which will air next year. Green, who recently welcomed his first child with Rice, said that he was "stoked" to have landed the hosting gig. "It's going to be great to have a front row seat as our Bachelorette embarks on a journey to find love." TVNZ has not yet named its first Bachelorette.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/117241077/art-green-to-host-new-zealands-first-the-bachelorette

art_green Verified
Very excited to announce that I will be hosting the first Bachelorette NZ - coming to @tvnz.official early next year! We’re currently overseas filming, all is going really well, and I’m missing M&M like crazy . @thebachelorette_nz
theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * 75239246_736728280134983_6542043985802891308_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fcmh1-1.fna.fbcdn
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4j2RktnsLm/

thebachelorette_nz  It’s official! Introducing @art_green, your host of The Bachelorette New Zealand
theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * 71002231_145395250101266_5653042418366274083_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fcmh1-1.fna.fbcdn
https://www.instagram.com/thebachelorette_nz/

official website! It's official official Smiley  theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * 1176891977 https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/the-bachelorette-new-zealand

theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * 75341228_10218446017055607_7460571034551320576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmrvngwUhoVvDknBb0WDc4L5uhC3Hg16GLHsQLzNUAGw5X8zs9UJpJIhwB4hYWiDYk&_nc_ht=scontent.fcmh1-1

Also, per Art's IG caption, they are currently filming already overseas so the bachelorette has to be known already! :detective If it is Lily, it could be since she last posted Oct 14 :yes: I really hope she is serious about finding someone and longterm it works and not just for the show/tv thing as I'd love for NZ to finally get a longlasting relationship after Art and Matty and to establish BetteNZ so it's seen as legitimate and more seasons to come! Praying

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by leavers Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:09 pm

If they're "overseas" filming, is it yet another South Africa based season?

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:11 pm

I was wondering why Art had been quiet on IG, now we know  theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * 2498057887  He will be super at hosting it IMO for sure. By having Art host it, also sends a message that they want this to be a serious franchise.

If they are filming overseas already, they must have knocked a few episodes out already as I imagine they filmed some episodes in NZ already.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:13 pm

@leavers  It depends when they started filming (if it started in NZ and moved elsewhere like they've done for their past seasons). I'll do some digging to see if there's any info out there. 

I heard about a BetteNZ season it feels like weeks or months ago? and I forgot about it so it could be they've been filming for a while? It makes sense why Art has been sm mia and wasn't with Matty for her release of her book and in her IG stories recently since he's been overseas. So probably filming for a few weeks now?

ETA: If Lily is the bette then her last post on IG was Oct 14. That's 3 weeks ago so it could be 3 weeks into filming already! So filming well underway then!

Found one of the first articles regarding the Bette for BetteNZ which was published back in July this year. The lineup for possible contenders is listed as well. I definitely think it is Lily :yes: especially if The Spinoff is stating they think it's Lily (the Spinoff always has insider info). In the article below, the very FIRST woman they post about is Lily. More confirmation imo and Lily being back on tv this year with celebrity treasure island put her back in the media etc so ties into her likely having the role (unless she has been active on SM or spotted elsewhere?)

The Bachelorette New Zealand: Six women worthy of the role
12 Jul, 2019 10:20am
theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * JYDQ35SFD5CJDLPCQ5LW5HRQA4
TVNZ is embarking on a new reality adventure, announcing it will bring a local version of The Bachelorette to New Zealand screens.

The broadcaster has not confirmed when the series will screen but has officially launched its search for a leading lady, who will sign up to date multiple men in the hopes of finding true love.

The Bachelor veteran McManus is an obvious pick. The former snowboarding instructor has already competed on The Bachelor NZ and The Bachelor Winter Games where she found love with Aussie Courtney Dober - but the pair went on to split.

She is however returning to our TV screens in a hot minute, to star on Celebrity Treasure Island - because is there such thing as reality TV overexposure?
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12248965

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 pm

omg omg omg.  Was trying not to get too excited.  TOO LATE. laugh out loud

Lily was definitely WAY more glammed up in last week's IG story than she usually is - curled hair, red lips, the whole shebang. She did look "Bettified" IMO.  Wish I'd taken a screenshot...

The only thing giving me pause is she posted a while back about having a project in the works that's "not another sister wife cult". I guess it wouldn't be though... more like a boy harem cult.  theBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * 2498057887
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:27 pm

@Bobette oooh so she has been doing IG stories! Probably to try keep followers off the scent! If it's not her then it's an unknown. See my post above I edited and added in the article from July. It has to be her? Right?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:28 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette oooh so she has been doing IG stories! Probably to try keep followers off the scent! If it's not her then it's an unknown. See my post above I edited and added in the article from July. It has to be her? Right?

Yes it has to be her - no other scenario is acceptable to me.  laugh out loud  And with your man Art as the host!  

Lily has only posted that one story in about 2-3 weeks so well of the radar - people were worried.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette oooh so she has been doing IG stories! Probably to try keep followers off the scent! If it's not her then it's an unknown. See my post above I edited and added in the article from July. It has to be her? Right?

Yes it has to be her - no other scenario is acceptable to me.  laugh out loud  And with your man Art as the host!  

Lily has only posted that one story in about 2-3 weeks so well of the radar - people were worried.
:yes: I am super excited! cheerleader  Art gives credibility to the show that no other host could give and Lily is as real as it gets. It's going to be sooooooo good. Now here's hoping they cast some stellar men! *fingers crossed*  Praying
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:42 pm

firework  YES! Best news ever!
So excited ! He is by far one of my favorite man to come from the whole Bach franchise! :sending flowers
Next year... so when would that be! in the winter? After Christmas?  AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGJHHH Can’t wait!
Thanks all for bringing this up!
2pop
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:50 pm

@Astrobach :yes: Art is hands down the best bachelor lead ever from any franchise (jmho)!! He will do a fantastic job! So excited to see him back on my screen! I think this is the first time I have been super excited for a host before ever even watching as the host! He really is just the nicest and most wonderful person as is Matilda! 

I expect it will air sometime in the new year, maybe January or Feb? Considering they are filming earlier than usual for BetteNZ (typically for past Bach seasons they filmed January-March) and the season aired in March, I would think and hope it airs sooner in 2020. 

cheerleader
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:01 pm

@AllAboutLove yeah, my thoughts exactly about the timing. And now, just maybe it will open the door for the next Bachelor NZ as well? The last one was a few years back yes?
Anyhow, it’s nice to have something to look forward as the rest of the shows are following the US model too much ( Maybe as was mentioned before because WB now at the helm) Hopefully NZ stays the course more independently.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 59 1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+27
greentoolcat
Kels0012
jen689
just me
Karina
sdmom
quick_dry
Andie H
Katiebelle
atem
notarose