SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 16 of 59 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by leavers Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:20 pm

I've said this elsewhere and I really believe it to be true after the last couple of seasons of both the US and AU franchise (and what I've seen so far of Peter's season too): I think the new normal is fame first, relationship a distant second. The scrutiny you get on social media these days means you have to be fairly outgoing and unreserved and willing to be in the spotlight to handle being on the show now (ie... the kind of personality that seeks out acting, modeling, other media jobs). It's not like it used to be where you could slink back to your own life without having reddit, instagram, forums, and a million podcasts sleuthing your every move. I don't think it will change until the Instagram influencer thing dies, and I can't see that happening for the next few years at least.

all just my opinion of course

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1327

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by blueblues Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:45 am

It’s official. Lesina is the new Bachelorette.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/118568540/nzs-first-bachelorette-is-32yearold-doctor-lesina-nakhidschuster
Congrats to @Jordan44! You are a sleuther wizard.  bowdown

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:58 am

YAY. cheerleader

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 VG0SL6g

Source

Text which was cut off above - I assume the grimace was meant to be a smile laugh out loud  

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 KBM3GXI

Source

ETA:  A quick ps regarding Lily.  @Horse_Named_Bradley picked up that Lily has recently started following Ciarran and Christen Whitney from BiP US, so maybe she was in Fiji at some point after all.  She also started following Lonely Planet though, which makes me wonder if she was filming something (disability-related?) for them while she was off the radar.  Full posts here.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:12 pm

@Bobette stunning! I’m so excited to watch her and the first Bette NZ season. cheerleader :Woah-hoo:

Hopefully some good men on her season. She seems VERY happy in her instagram stories so I think she found a good match thumbsup

ETA: video on bette nz of Lesina talking about what she’s looking for in a man https://www.instagram.com/p/B67A_JDlrzJ/?igshid=10539g97f73vy

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Fantastic sleuthing @Jordan44 !!

I'm looking forward to this! I wonder how she got chosen. She seems like a lovely person, so accomplished and hard working!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:00 pm

@AllAboutLove
Very exciting!
Please help me out... what is she saying between ‘driven ‘ and a ‘man that can cook.’. it start with C but can’t make up anything except something that is not likely...
TYIA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Astrobach wrote:@AllAboutLove
Very exciting!
Please help me out... what is she saying between ‘driven ‘ and a ‘man that can cook.’. it start with C but can’t make up anything except something that is not likely...
TYIA

"I want a guy with a good smile.  Driven.  Kind.  Someone who can talk about his feelings.  I'd love a romantic partner - that would be nice!  I love a guy that can go for a surf and then wear a business suit and clean up well.  I have high expectations. I would love a man who can cook.  Someone who is like my best friend.  There's someone out there for everyone.  I do believe in the one"

She's a producers dream Lead IMO.   hearthumbsup
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:56 pm

@Bobette Thanks a lot! yes
Now I feel dum...couldn’t hear ‘Kind ‘...wow. the accent got me in this one, it’s sounding more like ‘ko- an’d’ versus in America where it’s ‘Kay’ nd.’
Always learning!
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:21 pm

@Astrobach Her list of criteria sounds achievable and realistic IMO.  I like the fact that she put "driven" so high up.  She won't settle for a vacuous influencer IMO.

And I agree with @AllAboutLove, she seems very happy and excited in her recent IG stories, so here's hoping she found an F1 who ticked all of those boxes.  

:fingersarecrossed
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:53 am

NZ's first bachelorette is 32-year-old doctor Lesina Nakhid-Schuster

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 YIIh04O

TVNZ has named Lesina Nakhid-Schuster as the star of New Zealand's first season of The Bachelorette.

The star of the first season of The Bachelorette​ New Zealand is Lesina Nakhid-Schuster, a doctor and occasional actor.

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 PIQnb11

The 32-year-old has been working in Australia for a year, after graduating from the University of Auckland in 2012. She says looking for love has been hard, having spent most of her adult life focused on study and work or in a long-term relationship.

More than 2000 women applied to be New Zealand's first bachelorette, TVNZ said. Other candidates included former reality stars Naz Khanjani and Shari Flavell.

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 JGwSoph

Art Green, previously a star of The Bachelor NZ, will host The Bachelorette.

Lily McManus, who had appeared on The Bachelor NZ and later, The Bachelor: Winter Games and Celebrity Treasure Island, had been widely rumoured to be the bachelorette.

But TVNZ confirmed on Sunday that Nakhid-Schuster would be New Zealand's first bachelorette. After three attempts of The Bachelor, this was the first time a woman would take the lead role in a New Zealand season of the popular dating show.

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 AW6yTxd

Lesina Nakhid-Schuster and Art Green go through the bachelors vying for her love.

As well as being a doctor, she was an occasional actor and had taken minor roles on programmes such as Shortland St, Power Rangers and Filthy Rich.

She was born in the US, but moved to New Zealand when she was one-year-old. She lived, worked and studied in Auckland, before taking up a locum role in Australia last year.

Throughout university, Nakhid-Schuster said she had a long-term relationship that lasted seven years – but nothing serious since then.

"I've had boyfriends and I've dated, but nothing super serious. I've been single now for a while," she said.

The host of The Bachelorette NZ, former bachelor Art Green, said she was "the perfect bachelorette".

Green has married and has a child with Matilda Rice, who he met on The Bachelor in 2015. He said Nakhid-Schuster was coming into this with the same mindset as him, genuinely open and looking for a partner.

"She's talked this over with her family, I think she is the type of person who has definitely drawn up the pros and cons of this. She would have thought about this, very hard, before diving into it," he said.

Since July, producers have been working to find the right men for The Bachelorette NZ.

TVNZ hasn't said who the men were, but had promised to find "New Zealand blokes who are ready to step things up a gear". There were no strict criteria to apply to appear on the programme.

A date was not yet set for when the show would air.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:33 am

2000+ women applied and so did Naz?! affraid

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:57 pm

I've seen lots of comments on SM from men saying "damn, should have applied".  laugh out loud  Provided her season ends well I don't think they'll have much trouble attracting applicants for a second season! More info from Lesina about her work:

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 16 ZpptUkL

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 59 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+27
greentoolcat
Kels0012
jen689
just me
Karina
sdmom
quick_dry
Andie H
Katiebelle
atem
notarose