SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 43 of 75 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 59 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by blueblues Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 am

Bobette wrote:@blueblues It won't be Jonathan IMO - he was back home working as an extra in a video by mid-Nov.  I thought it was interesting Lesina didn't watch that episode (she posted on IG that she was going out with he Mum instead).  Didn't want to watch herself fake crying IMO.
Really? O well, that was a lot of speculation about nothing then. I guess he was just really well liked.
The one thing that I am sure of is that Lesina wasn’t faking. The tears on her face, the snotty nose, the sobbing. She was even trembling.
I don’t get how anyone would even think that.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:43 pm

This season is a mess imo especially for a first season. It’s all about twists and putting too much emphasis on drama. Dual bettes. Moles. Intruders. Etc etc. This isn’t a love story focused season at all imo.

Lily is there just to be on tv again for the 4th time and she doesn’t seem to be into any of them imo. Lily’s sm already let me know she wasn’t into Quinn the way he is into her: he initiates making out etc and leans into her a lot. when she told Quinn she’d never lead him on all I hope is she doesn’t pick him because he clearly is invested and during this time she was liking Timm and following him. I think Quinn can do better and deserves a woman who is totally into him.

Lesina has become a disappointment for me. Her behavior egging on Marc to go nude in front of all the men was gross. If a man did that to a woman as a lead he’d be lambasted. She was laughing and loving it. I found it classless on her part and not someone ready to be in a serious relationship. Completely disrespectful to all the men there imo. I don’t see her with any of the men lasting, even intruders.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 pm

@AllAboutLove I haven’t watched yet but am now reluctant to, as my own hopes have also faltered. sad I wonder how she feels looking back at these scenes now? Marc is such an arrogant, in your face, macho guy, like he calls himself
‘ top dog’. It’s a big turnoff fo me and it’s beyond my understanding how she continues to be attracted and using him like that. It’s almost like she had a very disciplined and straight life before and she never explored her ‘ wilder’ physical side with men, it’s almost immature behavior and I am both surprised and disappointed. I can’t see any intellectual compatibility or matching long term values with several of the guys she is keeping ( Marc, Liam, Tavita, etc..)
That doesn’t seem to be the road to find a long and fulfilling relationship IMO.
scratch
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:54 pm

Potentially unpopular opinion - I thought the last episode was the best yet.  laugh out loud  I previously found Lesina a bit too stuffy but I liked the way she had fun with all the nudity.  

Messiness doesn't bother me with this show.  Mess > Boring IMO and if it was 6-8 more episodes of Aaron gushing over Lesina I would have found that a total yawnfest TBH.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 am

@Bobette I agree. I enjoyed it. It was fun and silly. Angie had the same thing with Cirian on the Aussie Bette. Basically same thing. I don't think Lesina was using Marc. He more or less took it upon himself to get naked. It's not like she forced him and the guy was a stripper, so it wasn't exactly a stretch.

I much prefer all of these silly NZ Bette shenanigans to all the nasty drama on Peter's Bachelor season.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan44 Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:35 am

@AllAboutLove Yes it is very messy, I think they have tried to squish too much into it, and so we end up missing on seeing the actual relationships build, all those subtleties are left out.
It feels mismatched, like they originally tried to portray Lesina as being classy and professional, but since Lily has come along it's all gotten a bit tacky . . . I wish they had done two separate seasons with each bette, they both would have been entertaining for different reasons.

Jordan44

Female Posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 pm

I don’t think it’s all that messy. Maybe I’m numb from trying to watch Bach US.Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 43 1f613
I do think the producers should slow down a bit with the twists and “trust the process”. The cast is able to create the drama needed all by themselves.

I enjoy the dual Bachelorettes and the unique dynamics that is creates. With two other women it could just as well have been a disaster though.

Lily is so laidback and able to cut through the BS without even trying that a season with her alone might not have enough tension. Also, as she said herself, what she wants is someone to experience her twenties with, before setting down. I think that’s perfectly valid, but a lot of the viewers need the wedding bells and babies to be happy.
Lesina is the one to provide that. However, she is far more vulnerable than I expected. While that’s relatable, I feel like all the hard-hitting/anxious questions would become tiresome if she was on her own.

All in all, I like this season a lot, and it has saved my winter when the US show jumped the shark.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:33 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:This season is a mess imo especially for a first season. It’s all about twists and putting too much emphasis on drama. Dual bettes. Moles. Intruders. Etc etc. This isn’t a love story focused season at all imo.

Lesina has become a disappointment for me. Her behavior egging on Marc to go nude in front of all the men was gross. If a man did that to a woman as a lead he’d be lambasted. She was laughing and loving it. I found it classless on her part and not someone ready to be in a serious relationship. Completely disrespectful to all the men there imo. I don’t see her with any of the men lasting, even intruders.

I was shocked! I agree, it was disrespectfull to all the men. It's not like she has not seen plenty of nude men. She is a doctor and should have some self-respect and represent herself better. What about Marc? Who would want a guy who will take off all is clothes and look ridiculous- thinking he is impressing her. I am surprised Aaron is still interested. He is the only one that acted like he has some class to him. IMO
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:54 am

Doesn't look like anyone's watching live today but I just saw this clip in IG of the intruder intros.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8npO3RlSsG/

Very interesting.  Good intro for Mac.  Lesina wasn't overly happy to see Elliot back IMO but Mike definitely got her attention.  They look good together IMO - very matchy matchy like one of those brother-sister lookalike couples.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:00 am

Bobette wrote:Doesn't look like anyone's watching live today but I just saw this clip in IG of the intruder intros.  Very interesting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8npO3RlSsG/

@Bobette can you put Lilys IG story up that she posted she has a clip of her patting a black chat with Liam pulling a face. Also on his IG page there is banter between himself and Lily all in good fun looks like Liam and Lily are good friend. i have completely forgotten how to do it

Karina

Female Posts : 942

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Jordan44 wrote:@AllAboutLove Yes it is very messy, I think they have tried to squish too much into it, and so we end up missing on seeing the actual relationships build, all those subtleties are left out.
It feels mismatched, like they originally tried to portray Lesina as being classy and professional, but since Lily has come along it's all gotten a bit tacky . . . I wish they had done two separate seasons with each bette, they both would have been entertaining for different reasons.

I like mess that is entertaining. This is boring to me and it’s not entertaining when Mike is doing his whole striptease thing the minute he is out the limo on the first episode. Then lap dance strip thing on a group date.  Then stripping again. It’s so boring to watch the same thing. I get it. He likes to strip. Sure his daughter loves it on tv. It’s not what I am watching the season for. It does nothing for me and is not fun or entertaining to me.

As for messy, to me I see the mess in that it’s disjointed. Like they took all the plot-twists of other shows and threw them at a wall hoping they’d all stick. For a first season it’s a mess imo and a boring one. It makes me tune out and less interested.  If I wanted entertaining mess there’s other reality shows I could watch that are way more entertaining and where I can enjoy the mess. This is so forced feeling to me. I’ve watched enough bach and Bette shows to where I just roll my eyes because of how forced and planned everything feels.

I much prefer the seasons like Art and Matilda - really getting to watch a love story and the focus is on that and the relationships rather than twists and whatever. I find the other twist stuff boring and just filler imo. I’m not watching for that. This show has lost the plot imo and shows like Love is Blind on Netflix have a better love story and the circle is better too.

From Art Green’s season to this one. Art’s by far is so much better. And usually I prefer the Bette. NZ could have made this so much better and I agree separate Bette seasons would have been so much better to me. That’s what I compare this season to and measure it on what it could be and the better seasons, not the worst ones out there that aren’t first seasons. Jmo .
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:41 pm

I went back to see what I thought of Marc stripping.
Lesina threw out the question as a joke and clearly didn’t expect him to go full Monty. He on the other hand was very eager, and if anyone was disrespectful to the others it was him. I don’t think it was a big deal anyway. Aaron was just overly sensitive again.
I wonder if this was producer driven as well. If so, it wasn’t a coincidence that it was Lesina they suggested it to, because I can’t see Lily getting that awkward about it.
============================================

Random thoughts on episode 12 that I really enjoyed.

• While Lesina is happy that Aaron drops the L-bomb, she also worries that it’s too much too soon, and she calls it the “Lesina bubble”. It’s SO refreshing that a) she can think that way while in HER bubble and b) they show it. There is no chance for that kind of realism to be allowed on the US shows.
  • Lily and Liam has a really enjoyable conversation. He is obviously so much more intelligent than he lets on, and has gone from unbearable to harmless to likable in my mind. I feel like they are pretty similar, but Lily thinks he is too structured for her.
  • Lily briefly touches on the breakup with Courtney. Nothing new except that she felt that he subconsciously put pressure on her (to commit to starting a family). Also, she has only said ILY to one person (obviously Court) since the word has so much meaning.
  • Lily to Art: “Good morning dad” laugh out loud  And after he dropped the bomb: “Ah, you are a scumbag” laugh out loud laugh out loud
  • I can’t believe they sent in the new guys without telling them about Lily. Brutal!
  • Lesina’s face when Lily says “I’m surprised no one’s like brought a puppy yet.” Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 43 1f62e
  • They think meeting the intruders will be a good test of the originals’ character. “It will be interesting to see who loses their melons over this”. I am predicting that Aaron will.
  • Lily casually tells Elliott that she and her dad used to dive with sharks, because of course they did. We have only heard a few things about him (something about saving their dog from a crocodile). I really hope that he will show up at MTP.
  • Lesina states that her deal breaker is homophobia since her brother is gay. Again something the US producers would never submit their sensitive viewers to. Rolling Eyes
  • As predicted by our excellent sleuthers, only Mike and Richie of the intruders are possible contenders.

All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 75 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 59 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+25
kiwilaura80
Kels0012
Idlemess
Batmouth
mattnz
rosefun
atem
blueblues
Jolena
just me
sdmom