SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:56 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Welcome @Genevieve Australia you’re making some great posts, please stick around for the off season and sleuthing for next year! I don’t think there’s a posting minimum for uploading an avatar, just go to profile, then to the avatar tab, then there are various ways to upload avatars there. I just screenshot a pic I like and choose the upload from my computer option.

Thank you, Dirty Street Pie (what an awesome username you have, mine is just my name! hehehe) I was thinking of a photo of Helena but instead I may go for a contestant of an earlier season Smiley
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Azzurra Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:28 pm

ReneeM wrote:Obviously we don’t know what happened but I feel bad for Chels. I think her feelings were very genuine & intentionally or not, Matt was playing a role. It’s clear now that Matt had no interest in a relationship and unfortunately Chelsie was collateral damage. Jmo.

Imagine being in her shoes... 6 weeks ago he is publicly claiming his love for you and now ... you are publicly dumped. From her IG I can say that she didn't want to become an influencer and she actually has a career. A girl looking for love

It blows my mind because he chose her over girls. And now she is not enough for him? He threw the towel so early, it sounds fishy! How long it was between filming and now?
But seriously, the press tour was 6 weeks ago and he was in love. So I guess he was putting out a show. Jesus. Poor girl.

I am sending her all my love.

Azzurra

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Am I to believe that when they were doing media rounds, the breakup was already a thing? Or, this happened afterwards?

I liked the both of them, so no sides here but Matt’s image was probably “created” to present a certain nerdy persona. Meanwhile in my opinion, he’s probably a freaky deaky Austin Powers type lover

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykills Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Idlemess wrote:Am I to believe that when they were doing media rounds, the breakup was already a thing? Or, this happened afterwards?

I liked the both of them, so no sides here but Matt’s image was probably “created” to present a certain nerdy persona. Meanwhile in my opinion, he’s probably a freaky deaky Austin Powers type lover

Okay, I’m going to be really honest here— I feel like post-finale they were trying to work it out for the general public and Matt probably used that overseas work to think about, them going out after he went home was probably just to divert the attention back to Angie’s season because fans are starting to question why they aren’t around each other. That’s just my take.

I knew by the time Matt posted about doing the Adelaide talk in Valentine’s Day was a nail in the coffin.

Curiositykills

Back to top Go down

Post by chailatte Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:51 pm

I’ve been watching their social media a bit and had noticed the silence also .. being on the Bachelor they would know there are plenty of fans invested in their relationship. I’m sad to see they’ve split because I thought they’d last .. as many others had on the forum (except @Bobette who was right about the Badge and this couple too ...) What I know is .. don’t make any bets on my love hunches!! Lol

One road block for them which was always in the back of my mind was whether Chelsie could overcome the infidelity issues of her past relationship and if Matt had the patience, care and love to support her through it .. having gone through something like that, I don’t think you can trust anyone with a quick flick of the switch. That was the only warning sign that I had about them as I think their love was genuine during the show and after. Relationships are hard work and if both aren’t invested - it’ll inevitably fail. Theirs was so short lived though which is even more shocking, so it makes me question if the love was genuine after all (and I do get the impression that it was Matt who called it off). The constant questioning of whether they’re still together, the steamy scenes with Abbie probably didn’t help ...

I loved having nerds on this show, my social and work life are surrounded by similar nerds and the main diff between them and non-nerds is mostly down to personality ... the nerds are less sucked into their emotions, perhaps reflected in how Matt and Chelsie were able to come to a swift decision and announcement when they knew it wouldn’t work long term.

Wish them both all the best and happiness.

chailatte

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzurra Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:13 pm

chailatte wrote:I’ve been watching their social media a bit and had noticed the silence also .. being on the Bachelor they would know there are plenty of fans invested in their relationship. I’m sad to see they’ve split because I thought they’d last .. as many others had on the forum (except @Bobette who was right about the Badge and this couple too ...) What I know is .. don’t make any bets on my love hunches!! Lol

One road block for them which was always in the back of my mind was whether Chelsie could overcome the infidelity issues of her past relationship and if Matt had the patience, care and love to support her through it .. having gone through something like that, I don’t think you can trust anyone with a quick flick of the switch. That was the only warning sign that I had about them as I think their love was genuine during the show and after. Relationships are hard work and if both aren’t invested - it’ll inevitably fail. Theirs was so short lived though which is even more shocking, so it makes me question if the love was genuine after all (and I do get the impression that it was Matt who called it off). The constant questioning of whether they’re still together, the steamy scenes with Abbie probably didn’t help ...

I loved having nerds on this show, my social and work life are surrounded by similar nerds and the main diff between them and non-nerds is mostly down to personality ... the nerds are less sucked into their emotions, perhaps reflected in how Matt and Chelsie were able to come to a swift decision and announcement when they knew it wouldn’t work long term.

Wish them both all the best and happiness.

I suspect there was nothing swift about this on Chelsie's end.

Azzurra

Back to top Go down

Post by potpot712 Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:23 pm

I suspect that Matt, to admit he didnt watch the second half of the show, he must have felt really embarrassed at how he acted or got played- on by the producers. The criticism he got over Abbie must have caused him deep shame and may have negatively impacted his career or whatever. Somewhat. Because the videos and the pics are a bit um, scandalous, esp for an academic or corporate person. His time away from the media circus must have allowed him to ruminate on that. I think he really just wanted to put the Bachie experience behind him and that got manifested over to his feelings and actions toward Chelsie, who is a living and breathing reminder of his Bachelor days, and who happens to be still friends with the women from that show. That plus no deep feelings for Chelsie to begin with, he also just got carried by the hype and the pressure to “fall in love”. Just my speculation.

potpot712

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykills Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:43 pm

potpot712 wrote:I suspect that Matt,  to admit he didnt watch the second half of the show, he must have felt really embarrassed at how he acted or got played- on by the producers.  The criticism he got over Abbie must have caused him deep shame and may have negatively impacted his career or whatever. Somewhat.   Because the videos and the pics are a bit um, scandalous, esp for an academic or corporate person.   His time away from the media circus must have allowed him to ruminate on that.    I think he really just wanted to put the Bachie experience behind him and that got manifested over to his feelings and actions toward  Chelsie, who is a living and breathing reminder of his Bachelor days, and who happens to be still friends with the women from that show.  That plus no deep feelings for Chelsie to begin with, he also just got carried by the hype and the pressure to “fall in love”.      Just my speculation.  

I feel like there was at least a genuine feelings there but he probably thought it’ll be the same like what was shown in the tv— unfortunately, they’re probably too similar so there was no thrill to it anymore. I’d always go back to the fact that he went overseas after the finale and left Chelsie behind to do his work that made me realized I expected too much from him. I mean, why do you always let your f1 speak for you? I feel like he never really put any effort in their relationship on cam— you know? Just to assure fans. But then again these are mostly speculations, no one really knows. But most importantly, I feel really bad for Chels. I knew she went there for the right reasons and for her to think she had her own fairytale only to be burned after 6 months? Damn. :/ I wish her all the best. Maybe she can date Taylor Henderson now (okay, I’m kidding)

Curiositykills

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:55 pm

potpot712 wrote:I suspect that Matt,  to admit he didnt watch the second half of the show, he must have felt really embarrassed at how he acted or got played- on by the producers.  The criticism he got over Abbie must have caused him deep shame and may have negatively impacted his career or whatever. Somewhat.   Because the videos and the pics are a bit um, scandalous, esp for an academic or corporate person.   His time away from the media circus must have allowed him to ruminate on that.    I think he really just wanted to put the Bachie experience behind him and that got manifested over to his feelings and actions toward  Chelsie, who is a living and breathing reminder of his Bachelor days, and who happens to be still friends with the women from that show.  That plus no deep feelings for Chelsie to begin with, he also just got carried by the hype and the pressure to “fall in love”.      Just my speculation.  

For me if that were true he would take Bach out of his bio and change his picture. No way does he want to disassociate from Bach, he wants to milk it.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by potpot712 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Curiositykills wrote:

I feel like there was at least a genuine feelings there but he probably thought it’ll be the same like what was shown in the tv— unfortunately, they’re probably too similar so there was no thrill to it anymore. I’d always go back to the fact that he went overseas after the finale and left Chelsie behind to do his work that made me realized I expected too much from him. I mean, why do you always let your f1 speak for you? I feel like he never really put any effort in their relationship on cam— you know? Just to assure fans. But then again these are mostly speculations, no one really knows. But most importantly, I feel really bad for Chels. I knew she went there for the right reasons and for her to think she had her own fairytale only to be burned after 6 months? Damn. :/ I wish her all the best. Maybe she can date Taylor Henderson now (okay, I’m kidding)

Actually i thought she posted that pic of Taylor to make Matt jealous. LOL,. Taylor posted that pic of them many days before she did. Poor girl, i think she was dying for some attention from her man. Matt liked her other pics except for that one before he stopped liking her pics altogether (not that there was much anyway)

I dont see anything wrong about him planning his overseas trip at that time. He couldnt go away prior due to bachie promos and he also just started a new job in June. He didnt go there specifically to leave Chelsie to do the explaining. It really was just the convenient time. He just really needed a break. But i think yeah, that time alone allowed him to see things a little bit more clearly....away from Chelsie and away from media. I think that was when the bubble burst for him, imo. He was a different man who came back, no rose-colored glasses anymore i guess.

One thing we can appreciate is that Matt at least did not drag it for too long. He just really couldnt fake it anymore. IFor that we should give him some credit.
Must be the scientist in him to act quickly.

Right now “fairytale” is my least favorite word. I felt like Matt broke up not only with her but with the rest of us who fell in love with them as a couple. So depressing. But his last sentence in the breakup post was too cold....”that’s life”..... he should have just left that bit out.

potpot712

Back to top Go down

Post by potpot712 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Vjeff wrote:

For me if that were true he would take Bach out of his bio and change his picture. No way does he want to disassociate from Bach, he wants to milk it.

I think the franchise needs someone to be their poster boy until the next season. I suspect he will take it down after the breakup bruhaha dies down though. I am sure he is very aware now that he was a failure of a bachelor, no doubt. LOL.

potpot712

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:31 pm

I was hopeful they would last because so many seemed to have faith in them as a couple but personally I did not see much chemistry between them during the season. Matt always goes on about how intellectual she is and that's what he likes about her and that was pretty much it. Chelsie also did that annoying school girl giggle whenever she is around him, which is kinda odd at their age. But so many believed in their perfect match so I thought maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, I think he was most suited for Helena on the show. She seems much older than her age but she's not someone who will chase after the guy and she's not that into him, so that's not going to work on this show.

It's actually better that they broke up sooner than later. Why drag it out. Just end it and move on with their lives.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01