SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 30 of 62 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 46 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5 - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:21 am

Astrobach wrote:Well done. Did you noticed that even Connor, sitting beside the fake Queen is NOT impressed... I’m looking forward to watch when available on Archive.

It's there now @Astrobach - that's where I always watch (can't bear the ads on Tenplay laugh out loud)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

5 - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:04 am

Missnair wrote:I am just confused! As I didn’t watch the last season of BIP neither the nick cummins season of the bachelor? But wasn’t Alisha one of those girls on the bachelor season who bullied along with Cat and Romy? Or was it the edit?

I am totally liking her on BIP 3! She seems to be kind and truly looks out for Brit!

Yes, Alisha was ohe  was 'cleaned' on last year on BIP because they gave her the role of 'victim' in her story with Jules.  I have tried to remain open-minded but I don't like Alisha, IMO the producers gave her the victim roles and 'sanitized' her personality due to her 'lovestory' with Jules. Initially the producers had Cat there, and Alisha wasn't even recognised by most people by name. IMO that the producers wanted Kat and Alisha together as mean girls, but when Cat left Alisha was left and had to adapt to the situation.

I have seen a few Facebook posts of people who studied with Alisha (definitely not troll posts) saying that she was actually a real mean girl at school,worse than she was during Nick Cummins's season. They also said that they hoped Alisha changed, they don't wish her bad but the rumour is that she is still the same conflictive person. I can believe what those people say: Alisha is still very close to Cat and Romy, and to me your friends reflect a lot who you are as an individual.

I think I may stop watching this season, besides Helena, I don't really like anyone else.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg 5 - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:38 am

@Genevieve Australia Thanks for your additional information and perspective. I have not seen the Badger’s season and only “met “ Alisha on BIP and followed her stint with some perplexity as to her involvement and feelings with Jules. I was not against or pro her and let her actions and choices guide my opinion of her and I came out thinking that she partly was putting herself in an uncomfortable position and played the card of the ‘ hurt girl ’ by the end of the show.
It was visible for anyone with a minimum of relationship experience that Jules was in no way a good candidate for a steady and solid romantic relationship in or out of BIP. He was saying so himself and was vague and openly doubting their relationship and yet she persisted in going forward with him, even after BIP was done where she ‘ hooked up ‘ with him, and then blamed him for being ‘ blindsided’ at the show’s TV after finale reunion. I’m not defending Jules BTW but only recalling that when he said he had NEVER been in a relationship and was obviously very ‘ green’ to the flirting and romantic games , it was a loud alert that she chose to ignore and play victim to the consequences of her own choices. She was taken in by the audience who majorly sided with her, when she cornered Jules on national TV. I didn’t like that and felt a bit weird at the time. Again, not to say that BOTH parties were not responsible for the resulting fiasco, but it was NOT surprising at all and she pretty much absolved herself from doing anything wrong.
Now, we have a new chance to see her again try to find love and I am sincerely hoping that she has matured and learned from the last year’s experience, and sometimes finding love can bring awareness, better understanding and compassion. Glenn is by all account a really great guy and they sure have that magic chemistry together and it’s now only time that will be the indicator of how compatible and how deep their connection really is. I love a good redemption story and would love to see her blossom, mature and show in her actions that her old ways are gone and replaced with more genuine and compassionate behavior.
Often high school ‘ mean girls ‘ are dealing with issues of insecurities and control IMO and when addressed properly, they can overcome these behaviors and be better people. The fact that Kiera is showing up as she is in her life may be putting her in a situation to reflect deeply and bring new light into her past behavior and it’s consequences. I certainly do not put her in the same category as Kiera, who has shown before, and is not doubling down now, who she is as a person and if she’s Queen of anything, it would be ‘Queen b*tch ‘ if I may say that.
Alisha admitted to feel shy and awkward and is way more relatable and genuine than she was last time around so far IMO. Let’s see how it all develops!

JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:47 am

My opinion of last night's episode may be the exception, rather than the rule, but I know many people think the way I do (not that I need people to agree with me).

First, I want to emphasise that  I do not like Keira at all, but I don't like double standards either.  IMO  last night Keira had a point  and Alisha was passive-aggressive and manipulative.  Alisha started the drama hours before Keira arrived, publicly talking about an infantile Instagram argument that took place early last year.  The fact is that if Alisha wanted to discuss this privately then why did she spread rumours and said it in front of the cameras? Clearly, Alisha was happy to trash Keira behind her back, yet did not want to do it publicly when the time came, Alisha did this because Alisha wanted to play the victim! Timm saw this, and wanted to discuss it openly.  The whole problem created by Alisha is ridiculous:  Keira  recapped last year's BIP and made some not very flattering comments about some contestants, in the context of BIP. So what? That is the behaviour other single viewer or like any of us posting here, we have the right to share our opinions of the show without being abused by the contestants. Heck, James Weir's recaps  hints that Alisha and Keira are both equally drama queens. Has James Weir also been harassed by Alisha, Nathan and their minions? No, because he has a media presence that goes beyond The Bachelor world world so they will not target him. @astrobach check James Weir's recaps.

The only remaining contestant I like now is Helena, I don't care for the others.  IMO  the producers are giving 'good' edits to some contestants because they fell in love or because they can fit the role of the 'victim'.  and the producers need to have their 'good people' and their 'nasty people', so, in real life,  some of the 'good ones' may be just as bad as the 'show villains'.

ALL IMO

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to remove bold)

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg 5 - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:34 am

@Genevieve Australia Again, thanks, I have not YET seen this last episode (#5 I guess?) and will look at it with an open mind as stated before. That she - Alisha - would play victim would fit with her previous appearance and would be disappointing. I will check on James Weir’s recap if / when I find them.
There is probably NO ONE in all these characters that is devoid of some fame greed, attention seeking disorder, misplaced self esteem etc... so I’m always looking at these with a strong scrutiny. It’s only an order of how MUCH or how BAD it is.
JMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:23 am

Astrobach wrote:@Genevieve Australia Again, thanks, I have not YET seen this last episode (#5 I  guess?) and will look at it with an open mind as stated before. That she - Alisha - would play victim would fit with her previous appearance and would be disappointing. I will check on James Weir’s recap if / when I find them.
There is probably NO ONE in all these characters that is devoid of some fame greed, attention seeking disorder, misplaced self esteem etc... so I’m always looking at these with a strong scrutiny. It’s only an order of how MUCH or how BAD it is.
JMO

I am looking forward to hearing back from you, @Astrobach Absolutely!

You know, I think Glenn and Alisha are  in love now; however- and this is only my opinion not necessarily an objective statement- I do not think they will last the long-term. I have been checking Glenn's instagram and his last girlfriend, who was clearly he really loved and travelled the world with, is very different from Alisha. Physically, Glenn's ex is far prettier than Alisha, his Instagram has still quite a few photos with her, and vice versa, but she is dating someone else. Interestingly, Glenn's ex has the same figure and similar looks to Helena, and Glenn said that Helena was a 12/10. Glenn's ex comes across as adventurous, an animal lover, concerned about the environment, and overall an intelligent, caring, sociable, modern, super easy going, drama free woman, I do not see most of those traits in Alisha and other people's positive opinions of Alisha will not impact mine. I see what I see.

IMO Glenn wanted to fall in love in BIP, and Helena rejected him when she went on a date with Jake. Glenn was friend-zoned by Helena, and he did not like that,  so the edit is very inconsistent when the producers make it look  as if Glenn was the one rejecting Helena precisely the day after she rejected him. What happened is that she wanted a friendship rose to stay there! When Helena showed joy on going on a date with Jake, Glenn knew it was going nowhere with Helena,  yet Glenn still told Timm that he wanted to win Helena back. Timm also told Glenn that Helena was way out his league  and Glenn admitted it. We don't need to agree with their statement,  but that was their perception of how good Helena was for Glenn, she was considered 'out of Glenn's league'. Basically, Glenn knew that to stay there he had no choice but to move on and forget Helena (who, in some ways, seems to be similar to his ex). I don't buy the 'love at first sight' between Glenn and Alisha either. It was attraction at first sight. In fact, Glenn's interview comes later but we see  Jake encouraging Alisha to go for Glenn.  Glenn had hours to approach Alisha yet he did not do that, she took the first step and he was obviously happy about it because he loves love,  but that is how things happened. I want to reiterate that I do believe he has strong feelings for Alisha, yet, I do not think they will be together in the next 18 months or 2 years. I do not think this is a couple that will be married, for the reasons exposed in my first paragraph in relation to his ex and overall lifestyle as shown on his Instagram.

All is JMO, I don't need to engage in an argument with anyone here over it. I don't wish bad to any contestant because I am a positive person. I hate gossip.  I like to share my thoughts here with all of you, yet I would never go to post anything negative/positive  on a contestant's s facebook, instagram, twitter or the Daily Mail. That is just not who I am and that is probably why I am not liking this season of the show because the only contestant that seems normal to me is Helena. She never gets involved in drama and doesn't take sides either. IMO Helena knows that the producers will try to change or manipulate her words and she does her best to avoid giving them material for that.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos and there are still typos left..sorry! It is super late here in Australia)

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:47 am

@Genevieve Australia Thanks for all the background info on Glenn. It makes sense.
I have to say that I had a certain opinion of Jake and I was pleasantly impressed with his tenure this year and many things you said - which I had no idea about- about him resonated as a true depiction of his character. For example he was seen with raised eyebrows by many when he insisted that a rose had value and it’s exchange should be significant, and not to be played around as ‘ friendship ‘ rose to just hang around. He was clearly opening up the strategic games and only a few seemed to respect him for saying that and even leaving after realizing he still had feelings for his ex. Of course most of these people came to take advantage of the exposure and the longer it is the better if they’re not engaging in too much negative drama that could tarnish their sweet image cured with care on IG.
Anyhow, just to anchor my take that we do know very little of these people in real life and I agree that Helena seems level headed and less adept at falling for drama narratives either personal or producer driven.
I also agree, and mentioned that too, that SO FAR, Alisha and Glenn have a strong chemistry, lust / physical attraction, but it’s way too early to know what else is compatible in their lives and characters and therefore predict the potential success of their relationship.
JMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:59 am

Agree @Astrobach that only time will tell if they last the distance, the same as any couple, whether they get together on a reality show or not.
I think they have made a good start though, as filming wrapped in early December, and we’re now about 8 months later, she has moved across the country to Perth and they are still going strong through the pandemic.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:01 am

Astrobach wrote:@Genevieve Australia Thanks for all the background info on Glenn. It makes sense.
I have to say that I had a certain opinion of Jake and I was pleasantly impressed with his tenure this year and many things you said - which I had no idea about- about him resonated as a true depiction of his character. For example he was seen with raised eyebrows by many when he insisted that a rose had value and it’s exchange should be significant, and not to be played around as ‘ friendship ‘ rose to just hang around. He was clearly opening up the strategic games and only a few seemed to respect him for saying that and even leaving after realizing he still had feelings for his ex. Of course most of these people came to take advantage of the exposure and the longer it is the better if they’re not engaging in too much negative drama that could tarnish their sweet image cured with care on IG.
Anyhow, just to anchor my take that we do know very little of these people in real life and I agree that Helena seems level headed and less adept at falling for drama narratives either personal or producer driven.
I also agree, and mentioned that too, that SO FAR, Alisha and Glenn have a strong chemistry, lust / physical attraction, but it’s way too early to know what else is compatible in their lives and characters and therefore predict the potential success of their relationship.
JMO

This x1000. Re: bolded: I thought Sam and Tara were going to be true love, and look what happened there... and then Matt and Chelsie seemed ~so suited~ (though I didn't ship them as seriously as others because I was an Abbie fan during the season itself) ... I no longer make any predictions about the success of couples laugh out loud

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:08 am

Anyone want to guess who goes home tonight? Will 2 girls go or will they bring in another guy? There are 2 caps of Keira in bathers left, so perhaps she does stay. Alex suddenly becomes hot property so I don't think he will reciprocate with Helena. So maybe Helena goes? Or will it be Jess?

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:09 am

@leavers laugh out loud Same feelings about favorites here! Except I never really was an Abbie fan... but  yeah... in the US Bach I usually have the advantage of finding their birth data and having another perspective that has proven pretty helpful, ( re: HannahB, Kaitlyn/ Shawn,  Colton /Cassie, now Becca and Garret etc...) but it’s been harder to find and frankly I don’t necessarily want to take the time to analyse charts until Tere is a very good potential or personal reason to do so.
So, maybe Glenn and Alisha could be my next target?  giggling

ETA

@Agent99 I vote for Jess,( to exit) she’s ‘ heartbroken’ and I can’t see anyone interested... going to watch the episode 5 now.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:23 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Agree @Astrobach that only time will tell if they last the distance, the same as any couple, whether they get together on a reality show or not.
I think they have made a good start though, as filming wrapped in early December, and we’re now about 8 months later, she has moved across the country to Perth and they are still going strong through the pandemic.

True, that makes them the longest lasting Bachie couple in a while! Perth is pretty far and it is a big move - Angie wouldn't even move from Paddo to Cronulla for Carlin while Matt and Chelsie lived 2 suburbs away and couldnt make time to hang out.

Anyway I like them as a couple. As for all the mean girls speculation, IMO no one who goes on these shows is that amazing a person. I find her to be a lot, but for me Brittney is the most genuine woman on the show. I agree with you Genevieve Australia that there is not that many likeable people on this season. Mary, Cass, Brittany and Helena all seem to be quite nasty to me - I really soured on a couple of the girls the other day with the footage of them laughing hilariously at Jamie walking out. I think it is pretty clear at this point that Jamie has some social or developmental disorders and it is becoming uncomfortable to watch. I found it pretty horrible that they could sit there laughing hysterically while he was suffering such an obvious breakdown. He seemed really traumatised by Timm leaving. Britney and Timm seem to be the only ones treating him like a human instead of making mental illness a big joke.

I am seeing a lot of backlash over this season and IMO TPTB need to read the room a little. Things like Kiera's viciousness towards Alisha, taking advantage of someone like Jamie who seems unable to recognise normal social behaviour, and exploiting the Ciarran/Renee drama over a dinner are not as funny to the public as they used to be. There were a few Love Island suicides related to these kind of incidents on the show. While I believe most of these people know what they sign up for, a few things are going too far, particularly watching Jamie try to function and watching some others mock and laugh at him.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 62 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 46 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+21
Norcalgal
Sprite
GuardianAngel
Kas_256
LoveDovez
Vjeff
Genevieve Australia
blueblues
bachie.bachie
Sundy
ule101