Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@gmail.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:14 pm

Some of the jungle stories were reposts from other people too so I would have thought if space were a problem she could easily delete some of those and replace with more "meaningful" memories with Carlin, but she hasn't.  

FWIW, Carlin used to have multiple categories of stories on his page too, before he "cleaned it up" to go on Bette.  So they both seem to have the capacity to preserve these things, but they're not.  It's just all very suss to me.  Suspect

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 EAbqJkK

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Posts : 12674
Join date : 2016-10-10
Location : Australia <3

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:26 pm

@Bobette wrote:Some of the jungle stories were reposts from other people too so I would have thought if space were a problem she could easily delete some of those and replace with more "meaningful" memories with Carlin, but she hasn't.  It's just all very suss to me.  Suspect

I can see your point. I believe they are genuine, however, I can also see why some people, including you,  may be questioning their relationship based on the lack of photos together and how 'commercial' their instagrams appear to be. After what happened with Chelsie and Matt people are going to expect more to believe that the relationship is real. In spite of that,  IMO, at this stage the lack of photos is not symptomatic of the quality of the relationship. I do admit though that I am not a fan of any of Angie and Carlin's respective Instagrams as they feel very impersonal to me. I follow photographers and I like posts that speak to me visually IMO Carlin and Angie's respective instagrams are not visually enticing,  but I think the same about most contestants' Instagrams so I don't really know if that reveals much about Carlin and Angie's relationship as a couple.


Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : IMO and To me)


'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 137
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:54 pm

@Genevieve Australia wrote:I can see your point. I believe they are genuine, however, I can also see why some people, including you,  may be questioning their relationship based on the lack of photos together and how 'commercial' their instagrams appear to be.

...snipped

I doubted the authenticity of their relationship long before the finale so their SM behaviour post-show hasn't changed anything for me and I'm not following either so don't care what they post.

I'm just tracking what I see to be clues/evidence of what's going on behind the scenes.  It's interesting IMO to look back when couples split to see that often the signs were there all along.
Bobette
Bobette

Posts : 12674
Join date : 2016-10-10
Location : Australia <3

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:07 am

@Bobette wrote:
@Genevieve Australia wrote:I can see your point. I believe they are genuine, however, I can also see why some people, including you,  may be questioning their relationship based on the lack of photos together and how 'commercial' their instagrams appear to be.

...snipped

I doubted the authenticity of their relationship long before the finale so their SM behaviour post-show hasn't changed anything for me and I'm not following either so don't care what they post.

I'm just tracking what I see to be clues/evidence of what's going on behind the scenes.  It's interesting IMO to look back when couples split to see that often the signs were there all along.

In my case it was a bit different. I had no intentions to watch Angie's season because I  don't watch reality TV and what I saw of her on Gogglebox (snippets, because I only watched minutes of Gogglebox and when I did it, it was usually after The Bachelor) didn't impress me. It was only when I heard by friends that their friend Carlin was going to be there when I decided to give it a go. I may be biased  because all of them talk extremely positively about Carlin; I didn't want him to be hurt for,  initially, I  was suspicious of Angie's intentions. Then, towards the end, my view changed and I ended up caring a bit for Angie.

I like Carlin and Angie together and they seem sincere so I wonder if the lack of photos as a couple is a decision they have made in order to keep their Instagram's 'professional' for marketing purposes (not because they are not in love but because they are separating their relationship from their 'celebrity' status). At this stage it is difficult to tell. If this becomes a pattern then I will start with my question marks dizzy

I don't want another 'celebrity' lead though.


Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total


'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 137
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:10 am

Absolutely next level marketing  imo,
Personally I’ve found it damn amazing and fascinating to watch and also amazing to see the differences between Matt and Angie’s series, almost polar opposites imo and feels like we’re being tested to see which format sells the best laugh out loud - the real everyday unknown couple versus the show business couple...

Re Who publications -  no I don’t reckon they’ve had a run in so they’re copping negative press. Imo, the negative press is still in the vein of ‘there’s no such thing as bad publicity’ when you’ve debuted a new book, plugging for a gym franchise, picking up sponsors, getting a free holiday, and building each other’s image and profile. I see Angie and Carlin as a partnership with a purpose of selling.

I’m just waiting with interesting to see if Carlin’s movie is plugged and how its done. Maybe it’ll be postponed until next year. (if you don’t know what I’m talking about – look at Carlin’s Actor profile on IMDB or do a google)

rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 64
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:18 am

I don’t actually have an issue with the leads and contestants making use of their exposure to further their careers etc. good on them and it’s a lovely bonus if they do find love. If they are a match and are in love for the long haul, then they’ll be able to help each other and work together. Sounds like a good partnership to me. Of course JMO

Just Looking

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2016-07-28

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 am

@Just Looking wrote:I don’t actually have an issue with the leads and contestants making use of their exposure to further their careers etc.    good on them and it’s a lovely bonus if they do find love.   If they are a match and are in love for the long haul, then they’ll be able to help each other and work together.  Sounds like a good partnership to me.     Of course JMO

@Just Looking I don't have issues with that either, all people doing Reality TV want that; that is why I was suggesting that Carlin and Angie may be in love now and happy together but at the same time keep their profile commercial thinking in their future career-goals. If that is what they want then fine, but many people will question their relationship and I can see why: viewers are becoming increasingly suspicious of 'celebrity' leads.


'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 137
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:31 am

@Genevieve Australia yes, I understand people being suspicious, especially after Honey Badger and now Matt/Chelsie. I feel that the show format etc has changed since the earlier ones

Just Looking

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2016-07-28

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:31 am

They look like the real deal to me and I’m loving that they are remaining positive.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Posts : 663
Join date : 2018-11-01

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Astrobach on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:46 am

@sprout
I agree with you. When I watch their stories, it’s usually very spontaneous and fun, not rehearsed or prepared for posting like so many influencers do. The pose, the correct angle, filters, blabla etc... they look like the real deal, having fun and yes oh! How scandalous’ using their notoriety for advertising as they’re vacationing together. I prefer that immensely to selling tummy tea, and protein drinks but whatever it is, so far it’s putting a smile on my face and I’m not easily smiling for IG posts.
JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Posts : 2165
Join date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by appiah01 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:48 am

Yeah, I'd take all the freebies, promo items, opportunities I could get to build up my bank account- and I'm a lawyer while they're both tangentially in the influencer world. All of the tags on their photos only appear if you click on the pics to see the tags so that doesn't mean much to me since we know they're on a promo trip. As to stories, I tend to use stories more myself than posting on my grid but stories really didn't become that big of a deal until the past couple of years so I'd expect a contrast but I think different people use insta differently. Carlin's always looked like more of a professional networking tool than a personal diary and Angie likely has PR help on what she posts. Perhaps they're engaged in a big ruse to make as much money as possible and have agreed to fake a relationship. I mean, that'd be a lot of work, in my opinion, but hard to say for sure. I think they're genuine and have an easy rapport and genuinely enjoy each other's company to spend a fair amount of time together- even seeing snippets of a vacation doesn't account for the other 23.5 hrs a day they're together in a foreign country. I also don't read them as that dishonest but again don't really know them. I definitely think they like each other much better than Matt and Chelsie who appeared to cumulatively spend less time together throughout their whole relationship than Angie and Carlin have in 2 weeks.

appiah01

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by catsamber500 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:30 am

@sprout wrote:
@Just Looking wrote:@Bobette oh well, who knows and at the end of the day, it’s really  only their business whether they are genuine or not.  They seem pretty loved up for now

They look like the real deal to me and I’m loving that they are remaining positive.
JMO

I also agree that they are the real deal, and I saw their connection right from the beginning of the Bachelorette.  Right now they seem to be enjoying each others company and having a good time together.  I don't see any evidence they are "faking" it. JMO

IMO I think most of the negative reports (which all seem to stem from New Idea), are coming from the angle that Angie made the wrong choice and should have picked Timm, the fan favourite.  Therefore, since she picked the wrong guy she can't possibly be having a real and happy relationship and is just faking it for the fame and to increase her profile and book sales.  

Anyone who goes on the Bachelor/Bachelorette is looking to increase their profile IMO.  Doesn't mean that they can't find love as well.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.
catsamber500
catsamber500

Posts : 11
Join date : 2019-11-06

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 23 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum