Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@gmail.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout on Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:56 am

Since when has New Idea been a refutable news source? I don’t bother reading this trash. 
JMO
sprout
sprout

Posts : 643
Join date : 2018-11-01

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:03 am

@Genevieve Australia wrote:Hello, hello! I am new here. I have been following your discussions since Matt's season. It was interesting to see how different some of your views are and all of you make some interesting points. I would just like to say that I initially was reluctant about Angie. She is not a person I have ever followed, I never found her funny, and I don't watch much reality TV, except this show.  I only started watching her season by the end of week 2 because I happen to have acquaintances who know two contestants there: Ciarran and Carlin. Apparently these two guys are really lovely and genuine people and got along really well.To be honest, initially I found this season boring. I judged contestants (especially Timm) when I shouldn't have judged them,  but he grew on me. Timm reminds me of a friend I have, someone I knew since I was a teenager. In my opinion, Timm is a very happy single man and eventually he may find someone perfect for him but I am sure that single or not he will always be happy and will always be a bit child-like but at the same time emotionally adjusted when it matters.

Now, I didn't expect to like Carlin and Angie together as much as I do. I think they are 100% genuine and since I have a few friends in the industry I believe there is little reason to believe in what New Idea is claiming. My friends have assured me that the 2 years contract is false. Magazines love to sell stories, most of them fabricated. The 'friends' magazines often refer to don't exist or are only rumours. Sadly these magaziner are rarely held accountable for that. IMO  Angie and Carlin are sincere. I want to see another successful couple so I rather send good energies and believe they can make  it Smiley I would like to point out that in one of their  interviews Carlin and Angie said that they are botk dorky and have many things in common but we didn't see that. They are always laughing so I don't think Angie needs Timm in her life in order to have a laugh.

Sorry for the rant but after months reading this forum I wanted to summarise my views Smiley I will make sure I always add the IMO  Thank you! Smiley

Hi Genevieve Australia, I'm new too so welcome from one newbie to another Smiley . Seems this season has brought a few of us out of the wood work  hehehe  

I've enjoyed reading what you've said. It's always good to have a balance of opinions. Personally I'd never believe the mags etc to the point that I’d take something as fact or base an opinion on someone. As you say there's no accountability and it's easy for anyone to lie and sensationalize. And I’m sure that’s the sentiment of most here.

I'm quite an evidence based person and I prefer to see and hear things from the person rather than hearsay. One of the things that I have always liked about this forum is that there are some brilliant posters who back up their opinions with fact and observation. Of course we don't know the full stories and the show is highly produced and not really reality laugh out loud , but we can still observe and comment. Honestly at times I've found it brilliant to come on here and read that others have reacted similar (like Angie's horrible dog ref of Timm totally comes to mind), other times I've read other’s opinions and changed my own too. Maybe at times we're a bit like Angie on google box and critiquing for our own entertaining laugh out loud (hint there that I think Angie Kent’s of all people should be able to handle abit of judgement and criticism).

Anyway, I agree with you about wanting "to see another successful couple so I rather send good energies and believe they can make  it". I dont believe they are "100% genuine" like you but I respect your opinion and I will be happy to be wrong. I just dont see Carlin is Angie's 'forever after' in Angie's words, though I'm glad she picked Carlin because I do think she picked the right guy for her and what she wants.
rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 35
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 am

@Finch wrote:So far they have posted more than Sophie/Stu, and Matt/Chelsie put together. Angie has introduced Carlin to her friends which we never saw with Sophie or Matt, AFAIK.


probably but in all honesty, what does that mean? ... does it make them more genuine, entertaining or savy?
rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 35
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:16 am

@sprout wrote:So looks like Angie and Carlin have been hanging out with Yvie and others in Carlin’s latest Instagram story. Is this Kristen from Matt Agnew’s season? 

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 7c12ae10

Thanks for posting this sprout, it really surprised me cos I would never have linked Kristen to have things in common with them, had to do a google hehe... Kristen has joined the F45gym in Melbourne, franchise only opened last month. Carlin is a F45gym instructor, in Sydney?, so maybe that's the link. Hope gorgeous Kristen's getting an endorsement.
rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 35
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:19 am

HA!  I knew it - mission accomplished with the wedding dress post IMO.  The ex is living rent-free in Angie's head now.  Well played.

Your ex-wife posted a lovely message to you on Instagram, what did you both think of that?

Carlin: There are mixed feelings. I really appreciate the support and I think it's important that I have no animosity towards her and no bitterness or anything like that, and that we're on good terms. Sometimes I think it could have been done in a different way and I just don't think that she thought about the fact that maybe I actually am with Angie and maybe that's going to be hard for her to see.

Angie: I think it would be a little bit different if she posted it now with her in a wedding dress and him, but she didn't know the outcome. She didn't know that Carlin was the one at the end. I think it was a beautiful message but the picture is a bit of an interesting choice, if I'm going to be completely honest. Like why is homegirl wearing a wedding dress? Yeh, that was odd but I know she didn't mean anything by it.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Posts : 11895
Join date : 2016-10-10
Location : Australia <3

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:29 am

[quote="Bobette"]HA!  I knew it - mission accomplished with that wedding dress post IMO.  The ex is living rent-free in Angie's head now.  Well played.

Your ex-wife posted a lovely message to you on Instagram, what did you both think of that?

Carlin: There are mixed feelings. I really appreciate the support and I think it's important that I have no animosity towards her and no bitterness or anything like that, and that we're on good terms. Sometimes I think it could have been done in a different way and I just don't think that she thought about the fact that maybe I actually am with Angie and maybe that's going to be hard for her to see.

Angie: I think it would be a little bit different if she posted it now with her in a wedding dress and him, but she didn't know the outcome. She didn't know that Carlin was the one at the end. I think it was a beautiful message but the picture is a bit of an interesting choice, if I'm going to be completely honest. Like why is homegirl wearing a wedding dress? Yeh, that was odd but I know she didn't mean anything by it.


yeh that was all abit weird wasn't it laugh out loud, to be fair to Angie and Carlin their responses were good imo.

I think the photo/post was captioned 'not our actual wedding dress', so ex mr & mrs Carlin must have been modeling together.
rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 35
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by leavers on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 am

tbh with her (the ex) playing mind games like that, it becomes more easy to imagine why Carlin and her wouldn't have worked out. It's pretty petty and immature of her to have done that.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 294
Join date : 2019-08-21
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:48 am

rose fun wrote:yeh that was all abit weird wasn't it laugh out loud, to be fair to Angie and Carlin their responses were good imo.

I think the photo/post was captioned 'not our actual wedding dress', so ex mr & mrs Carlin must have been modeling together.

Yeah they did - they won a competition to have their wedding pics done for free in exchange for advertising the photography company and then went on to model in various different wedding outfits/scenes.  And then he continued on and modelled with other "brides" too.

It's so ironic - any other divorced guy might have one or two pics shoved at the back of a sock drawer but Carlin has dozens plastered all over the internet.  The ex knew exactly what she was doing when she reposted them IMO and it seems to have achieved the desired result.
Bobette
Bobette

Posts : 11895
Join date : 2016-10-10
Location : Australia <3

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Azzurra on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:00 am

@Bobette wrote:
@Ule.m wrote:https://www.newidea.com.au/bachelorette-star-angie-kent-is-still-texting-former-contestants
Why is Angie still in contact with Timm and Ciarren. Did she not pick the person who would fulfill her needs the best, and did she not consider that the boys may want to move on or how it affects Carlin.

Because - in her own words - she "half loved" Timm and Carlin (or more accurately she probably "third loved" the three of them, since IMO Ciarran would have gone to the end had he stayed).  That math equation does not equal enough love for a successful relationship IMO.

This is too good. People only contact my exes when they miss them, me too... When in a great relationship, there is no reason to contact someone you had a romantic connection with... Maybe exchange some pleasantries but not per sé. I don't believe your partner can fulfill all your needs but you can reach out to platonic friends, your gfs, your family but not necessarily exes. Anyway, I find that very unhealthy.
It has been my experience that no-one in a great, successful r-ship stays in touch with their exes.

But maybe somehow it doesn't work this way with everybody. I would find it disrespectful if my partner did that.

Azzurra

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-11-08

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:02 am

@leavers wrote:tbh with her (the ex) playing mind games like that, it becomes more easy to imagine why Carlin and her wouldn't have worked out. It's pretty petty and immature of her to have done that.

She is probably nice but reckless. She hasn't said anything else, has she?
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 107
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:18 am

@Azzurra wrote:

This is too good. People only contact my exes when they miss them, me too... When in a great relationship, there is no reason to contact someone you had a romantic connection with... Maybe exchange some pleasantries but not per sé. I don't believe your partner can fulfill all your needs but you can reach out to platonic friends, your gfs, your family but not necessarily exes. Anyway, I find that very unhealthy.
It has been my experience that no-one in a great, successful r-ship stays in touch with their exes.

But maybe somehow it doesn't work this way with everybody. I would find it disrespectful if my partner did that.

I see your point but I do not fully agree with you. I believe it has to do with personalities. I am married, I have been married for many years and each year we are more in love; but he knew when he met me that I was still great friends with some of my exes and he was fine with it, yet, I was never really in love with those exes who are now my good friends, they were short relationships where there was a lot of tenderness and respect but not really passionate love from my side, so that may be why our friendship works well. I see similar cases amongst my friends. I think if the break ups are usually very 'clean' , meaning  there is no  romantic love left and no dramas, then staying friends is healthy and everyone is happy. When there is no resentment between exes and all is there is kindness and respect then you gain something, you don't lose it; but I also think consideration towards a new partner is of paramount importance and at this stage I don't know much about Angie to make an informed statement about her situation.

 I hope Angie notices that perhaps giving her relationship with Carlin a genuine 'go' means that she may need to take several months or a year before she decides to continue calling and texting Timm. What is that X-File motto? ' I want to believe...', well, I want to believe that Angie is serious about Carlin, I really do because I think Carlin is really serious about Angie and I like Carlin.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 107
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:00 am

@rosefun wrote:
@Genevieve Australia wrote:Hello, hello! I am new here. I have been following your discussions since Matt's season. It was interesting to see how different some of your views are and all of you make some interesting points. I would just like to say that I initially was reluctant about Angie. She is not a person I have ever followed, I never found her funny, and I don't watch much reality TV, except this show.  I only started watching her season by the end of week 2 because I happen to have acquaintances who know two contestants there: Ciarran and Carlin. Apparently these two guys are really lovely and genuine people and got along really well.To be honest, initially I found this season boring. I judged contestants (especially Timm) when I shouldn't have judged them,  but he grew on me. Timm reminds me of a friend I have, someone I knew since I was a teenager. In my opinion, Timm is a very happy single man and eventually he may find someone perfect for him but I am sure that single or not he will always be happy and will always be a bit child-like but at the same time emotionally adjusted when it matters.

Now, I didn't expect to like Carlin and Angie together as much as I do. I think they are 100% genuine and since I have a few friends in the industry I believe there is little reason to believe in what New Idea is claiming. My friends have assured me that the 2 years contract is false. Magazines love to sell stories, most of them fabricated. The 'friends' magazines often refer to don't exist or are only rumours. Sadly these magaziner are rarely held accountable for that. IMO  Angie and Carlin are sincere. I want to see another successful couple so I rather send good energies and believe they can make  it Smiley I would like to point out that in one of their  interviews Carlin and Angie said that they are botk dorky and have many things in common but we didn't see that. They are always laughing so I don't think Angie needs Timm in her life in order to have a laugh.

Sorry for the rant but after months reading this forum I wanted to summarise my views Smiley I will make sure I always add the IMO  Thank you! Smiley

Hi Genevieve Australia, I'm new too so welcome from one newbie to another Smiley . Seems this season has brought a few of us out of the wood work  hehehe  

I've enjoyed reading what you've said. It's always good to have a balance of opinions. Personally I'd never believe the mags etc to the point that I’d take something as fact or base an opinion on someone. As you say there's no accountability and it's easy for anyone to lie and sensationalize. And I’m sure that’s the sentiment of most here.

I'm quite an evidence based person and I prefer to see and hear things from the person rather than hearsay. One of the things that I have always liked about this forum is that there are some brilliant posters who back up their opinions with fact and observation. Of course we don't know the full stories and the show is highly produced and not really reality laugh out loud , but we can still observe and comment. Honestly at times I've found it brilliant to come on here and read that others have reacted similar (like Angie's horrible dog ref of Timm totally comes to mind), other times I've read other’s opinions and changed my own too. Maybe at times we're a bit like Angie on google box and critiquing for our own entertaining laugh out loud (hint there that I think Angie Kent’s of all people should be able to handle abit of judgement and criticism).

Anyway, I agree with you about wanting "to see another successful couple so I rather send good energies and believe they can make  it". I dont believe they are "100% genuine" like you but I respect your opinion and I will be happy to be wrong. I just dont see Carlin is Angie's 'forever after' in Angie's words, though I'm glad she picked Carlin because I do think she picked the right guy for her and what she wants.

It seems that quite a few of us are new...I am looking at other users and some may not be as 'brand new' as you and I are but they still are 'relatively recent' users ;) hehehe I think a lot has happening this last week, which I think makes for very animated conversation Smiley Welcome, Rose Smiley
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 107
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum