SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by HavaDrPepper Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:06 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
Billysmom wrote:Guess u can do that in Alabama?

Not if you are smart you don’t.  IMO.

I come from a small town in a Midwest state and no way do I leave my purse out.
My town is only 9,000 people and I do not leave my purse in the car and I still lock it anywhere I go in town.  I locked it yesterday when I went to the chiropractor which is in downtown and I parked right across from the office.  Too many people walking in the area to take a chance (we have lots of antique shops in our downtown so on Fridays it is extremely busy).

When I worked one of the girls in the office had her 3 kids in her SUV, all in car seats (older kids that didn't meet weight limits) and stopped at the Christian radio station in another town (about 40,000 people). She walked in to pick up a gift certificate that she had won in a contest at the front counter and came back out within 3 minutes during the middle of the day. She had left her purse in the car but locked it. Somebody had broken in and was in the process of taking her purse... with 3 kids watching them.  There were glass doors right in front of the counter and she had parked right there where she could see her vehicle.  Oh yeah, this radio station has its own little parking lot and is along a 4 lane major road in town with no sidewalks. She saw no one in the vicinity when she got out of the vehicle.  More than likely the person was out of sight and saw she did not take her purse into the building so went for it.  People that want to break in to a car if they see something they want don't care. 

IMO, stupid to not take your purse whenever you leave your vehicle especially if everything vitally important to you is in it.  Which is apparently what she does... carries her life in her purse.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:45 pm

I don't care how long you're going to be out of your car, you lock it and take your purse with you without having anything visible. Someone probably saw her get out of her car, without her purse.

I know someone who threw their purse in the trunk. Someone broke in, took the visible change in the cup holder, popped the trunk and took the purse.

She says she keeps everything in her purse, yet she doesn't guard it with her life. That's the worse thing you should do, is keep important papers in your purse.

She is quick to post an IG which I'm sure is garnering sympathy. None from me though.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:28 pm

While I acknowledge that she did not make the wisest choice I still feel awful for her, sorry. Lousy end to a lousy week.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 pm

I really wish Hannah would stay out of the spotlight for a while. Even though she was obligated (supposedly) to appear on Peter's season if asked by production she didn't have to melt down. I see it as incredibly selfish of her to take anything away from Peter's season, dragging him into her drama. Imagine if Colton came onto her season. I have said it before, but she needs a good therapist and I hope she works on herself in private and not in front of cameras. IMO

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:10 pm

The thing about meltdowns is they have a way of sneaking up on you, in my experience. Usually much to one's own chagrin. Jmo  I have little doubt that Hannah regrets that her unplanned meltdown might in any way have sullied peters journey. I also have little doubt that her returning the wings was intended to be truly supportive of peter on his journey, jmo. There's a mental health adage regarding healthful, positive attitudes that one should fake it till they make it; if - if - in fact Hannah had any residual love feelings for peter (I really don't think she did, at least not to the extent peter seems to think she did - I think he has been attributing her meltdown solely to her feelings about him, as opposed to her feelings about the entire debacle that was her season), I think she understood that that ship had sailed and was trying her best to do the right and gracious thing. That she wasn't quite able to pull that off is human, nothing more. Since I've been watching this dumb series I've always felt one of the cruelest aspects - and there are so many to choose from! - was the insistence that the lead not be able to speak to his/her rejected contestants except at the tell-all or atfr..... Great for drama, and for postseason ig shade, not for mental health....jmo

It seems odd to me that her critics are so hard on a person with whom quite a few guys claim to have fallen in love/found lovable. I wonder what they saw in her...? The Bach situation is not for everyone - surely would not have been for me. Hannah took a risk, perhaps she regrets it, or perhaps it has in fact been a catalyst for a lot of growth, as she has stated.  She has made mistakes, but more often than not, she has owned them; I have not seen her be intentionally selfish or hurtful, jmo. IMO she has handled more than one very sticky situation far more gracefully than many others would have. 

My wish is that she sever her ties with tptb... But she seems to get along very well with her former producer, so I guess that's not likely to happen, unfortunately.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:11 pm

To me this is just another example how she intentionally or unintentionally brings drama on herself. I hope she starts realizing this, and also gets the help she needs outside the limelight. All imo.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Didn't she lose expensive jewelry twice too. You are 25. Grow up already. Imho
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Omigosh, someone breaks her car window and steals her bag. Hannah was very unwise, yes. But the vandal/thief is the.one.who.did.wrong.  

I remember I was doing music at a church in a not-great neighborhood. I played guitar, and always struggled with how to be ready to play, receive communion, and still guard my purse. I typically ended up tucking my purse inside my guitar case, and sliding the case behind a bank of candles. Needless to say one day when I pulled the case out to pack up and go home, the purse was no longer inside. Did I feel dumb, yeah, I sure did...and wished I could've rewound the videotape so I could make a different choice. But also angry... I.e. If you can't trust your fellow worshippers, it's a pretty sad world. From then on I had my purse over my shoulder but hitting my butt as I played each service. Taught me a lesson, yes.... Just as I suspect today has taught Hannah a lesson. Doesn't change the fact that she has been the victim of a crime....which, IMO, is a much more accurate assessment of the situation than the assumption that she has "brought drama on herself...."   Jmo

Oh, and btw, iirc, those earrings were found, had been packed in a different place, or something to that effect, cmiiw
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:30 pm

@Billysmom I am not saying the thief wasn’t wrong.  They definitely were.  But I am just saying her leaving her bag in the car in plain sight definitely contributed to where she is now just like many of her past Dramas.  She likes to say she doesn’t contribute to the drama it just finds her, I disagree.  I don’t think anyone is saying the thief wasn’t wrong, I definitely am not.All imo.

Last edited by Tiggerlgh on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Did she say it was in plain sight?

I'm sorry if it appears I'm  going overboard defending her.... I just am saddened by the harshness she has received, even as she tries her best to be gracious. Hannah has admitted she suffers from depression and anxiety, so I find it cruel that she is piled on as it seems has been happening, especially this week. I see a girl who is trying to do the right things, including for her mental health, but who is likely in over her head vs the machine that is TB, and tbh I'm concerned for her. IMHO she is trying to "grow up," hence the move away from Alabama, but she's been pulled in so many directions both physically and emotionally over the past year that I'm not surprised she's not quite functioning at her best (I can recall several points in my life when the stress was over the top and as a result I was doing lots of dumb things, incl locking my keys in a running car and forgetting stuff, etc etc) so I'm more than willing to cut her slack. Jmo

Last edited by Billysmom on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:31 pm

She's asking for sympathy but honestly someone who (imo) is dumb enough to leave their purse with all their important stuff unattended is not smart or responsible so yes she needs to grow up

Imo
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:35 pm

I don't think that anything Hannah does is intentional, but I do see her emotions ruling her. That is why I think she needs a good therapist (which I think would help almost anyone). I don't think Hannah has a balance of emotions and reason. We have all had less than stellar moments but most of us are not on camera (thankfully) during those times. I have nothing against Hannah but I read her online blog during her DWTS season and she did not seem happy, seemed very emotional. The airing of those emotions for all to read on a weekly blog to me is a cry for help. Fake it "till you make it can work for some but I personally have never understood cognitive behavioral therapy (seems like enabling denial to me but that is ONLY MY OPINION). I have heard that if you love someone that to some extent you never stop. So I do think that Hannah and Peter have residual feelings, if not love residually, so that is why in my opinion, Hannah needed to stay far away from Peter (even if contractually obligated)- could she not have left after she left the stage? who knows. I really do hope she can find help offscreen. Not seeing the growth yet in her. And her choice of Jed when his parents, her parents, and her behavior on the last chance date indicated that it was a poor choice, remain baffling to me. I really don't want to see her for a while.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess