SELECT CONTENT

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by Jolena Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:57 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Astrobach I am feeling the same way about him.

I think he's a confused mess right now but hiding it all. I hope I'm wrong.

I totally agree, I think he's putting up a good front but shattered deep inside . My heart goes out to him because I really think he wanted to come out of this with a significant other. I believe he did fall hard for Madi and would've given it a shot even though their lives were so different. jmo Wonder what he's thinking of Hannah and Tyler spending time together now. Hugesmile He must feel so alone. Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 2 4256136633
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4293

Back to top Go down

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by Stacia620 Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:21 am

He always emphasized in interviews that he fell really hard for two women. He probably did have some uncertainty and confusion.

As far as Hannah and Tyler, I'm sure it does hurt IF he still has feelings for her. But I also think that could finally close that door for him for good, which would be best for him in the long run. jmo
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:15 am

I really do hope one day Peter will be able to step back from his toxic family dynamic and seek the therapy he needs in order to create healthy boundaries and a fulfilling life. IMO he's grown up in a house founded on emotional manipulation and it might very well take a long time for him to ever come to terms with it all (and sadly he might never). Right now I suspect the Weber family will sweep everything under the rug, put on a happy family façade, and try to forget that their dysfunction was exposed. However, I think there are things that happened that Peter won't ever be able to fully forget and it will affect his relationships and family for years to come.

The more that I look back on this season the more I think that there was a side of Peter actually desperately wanting to change. I think people like his best friend Courtney value a different side of Peter that maybe his family views as secondary to the party guy. IMO our closest friends can sometimes know us better than our own family (especially if it's a family that has fixed expectations about who you are based on the past and who don't value who you might want to be in the future). Since Peter's family conflate approval and love, it really would require a clean break from Barb's control to genuinely become his own person. And honestly, after seeing just how dysfunctional the Weber's are it has left me with quite a sad feeling about everything. If I could give Peter any advice, it would be for him to move out ASAP and find some professional help to process this entire experience and deal with the deeper issues. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 am

I wouldn't believe one word that came out of Peter's mouth.  His actions speak volumes from beginning to end.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 am

Emeralds wrote:I hope when Peter is ready that he’ll give his perspective on everything that transpired at the end of his season through ATFR, but I suppose that might be difficult without addressing production’s role in this disaster. I’m so glad that he & Madi seem to be on friendly terms. It seemed like to me that she genuinely was hoping to rekindle their relationship while Peter wasn’t & I think it was nice that they met off-camera & had their closure privately.
See this is what confuses me.... Didn't he seem to want Madi when he broke up with Hannah? Or was he using that as an excuse, when in fact he was already dating the producer and whoever else he's been linked with? 
If indeed he still wanted Madi then, how much time elapsed before Madi showed up in la and then till the atfr?
It's all so wonky to me, jmo. 

Bottom line, I think if he really wanted Madi he'd have pulled an arie.  Unless he was too scared to buck tptb (a la him and hb after her season) and the time lag enabled mom to really get in his ear.??  Jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:17 am

Who the heck knows?  What we do know is that Peter started going to church out of the blue.  The show purposely planted stories about Peter hooking up with his producer.  Yet, basically ignored Hannah S until the final and we still didn't get to see ANY of their relationship post show. We will never find out the truth until no one even cares.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:31 am

Billysmom wrote:
See this is what confuses me.... Didn't he seem to want Madi when he broke up with Hannah? Or was he using that as an excuse, when in fact he was already dating the producer and whoever else he's been linked with? 
If indeed he still wanted Madi then, how much time elapsed before Madi showed up in la and then till the atfr?
It's all so wonky to me, jmo. 

Bottom line, I think if he really wanted Madi he'd have pulled an arie.  Unless he was too scared to buck tptb (a la him and hb after her season) and the time lag enabled mom to really get in his ear.??  Jmo

Totally agree with the first bold. Re the second, I think it was Momma dearest he was too scared of JMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:21 pm

atem wrote:I wouldn't believe one word that came out of Peter's mouth.  His actions speak volumes from beginning to end.

One scene stood out to me regarding Peter's approach to relationships: When Madi conveyed to him that actions speak louder than words and that FS week would impact her ability to continue depending on his choices, Peter responded, "But you know how much you mean to me: Youtube 3:43."

It seemed like Peter was implying that he should be permitted to explore the other relationships to their fullest extent, and Madi should be ok with that because he told her she's special. hmmm

Long and short, it didn't seem like Peter was anywhere near ready for a committed relationship. He seemed most comfortable with short-term, intense dynamics that burn out fast and furious. I do think his experience with Madi was probably the deepest connection on the show.

I hope eventually Peter can find a lasting love that's good for both parties, if that's what he wants PINKHEART
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Madi IMHO was a class act who will be tough to top.... I think whether he admits it or not he will be kicking himself over her for a loooooooooooong time...though he will likely swallow huge gulps of the Barb koolaid just so he can live with himself (and with his family to boot laugh out loud). Jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:39 pm

cheriee wrote:I really do hope one day Peter will be able to step back from his toxic family dynamic and seek the therapy he needs in order to create healthy boundaries and a fulfilling life. IMO he's grown up in a house founded on emotional manipulation and it might very well take a long time for him to ever come to terms with it all (and sadly he might never). Right now I suspect the Weber family will sweep everything under the rug, put on a happy family façade, and try to forget that their dysfunction was exposed. However, I think there are things that happened that Peter won't ever be able to fully forget and it will affect his relationships and family for years to come.

The more that I look back on this season the more I think that there was a side of Peter actually desperately wanting to change. I think people like his best friend Courtney value a different side of Peter that maybe his family views as secondary to the party guy. IMO our closest friends can sometimes know us better than our own family (especially if it's a family that has fixed expectations about who you are based on the past and who don't value who you might want to be in the future). Since Peter's family conflate approval and love, it really would require a clean break from Barb's control to genuinely become his own person. And honestly, after seeing just how dysfunctional the Weber's are it has left me with quite a sad feeling about everything. If I could give Peter any advice, it would be for him to move out ASAP and find some professional help to process this entire experience and deal with the deeper issues. All JMO.

Great post ,100% agree. I wish Peter was reading these boards .jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4293

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:40 pm

I remember what he told Tonya in the deleted scene.  He said he was ready to be the man Madi needs,used the 'guard and protect her heart' spiel again, and used the I am falling in love with her' to get into the good graces of the parents. He said whatever it took. 
Then did his usual of denial of reality that Madi was obviously a virgin!  I want to ask him how the hell he couldn't figure that out. 

While Madi had started to face reality. Peter was full speed ahead.  Talk about someone who will never be ready for commitment.  Doesn't even seem like he asked Madi on her past sexual experiences for all the importance he put on it.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeralds Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:18 am

A conversation like Peter & Madi had in the hanger (after F4RC) would never happen in real life. I thought Peter handled it well by saying that, yes, she was important to him, while noting that he was in two other relationships with women he had strong feelings for. Also, at this point, Peter was unsure of Madi’s feelings for him while that wasn’t the case with the other women, which he said on camera in an ITM. I believe that Hannah B. was more sure about her F1 by FS than Peter, but she was literally cheered for exploring her options with multiple men to be certain about her choice. Why isn’t it ok for Peter to do the same? I’m sure Peter knew that Hannah was going to sleep with at least Jed and that if he was F1, he’d have to work to get over it; I think he assumed his F1 would do the same.

Since he’d just dated a very religious Southern woman who wasn’t saving herself, why would he assume Madi was given it didn’t seem like she’d discussed her faith with him until their second 1:1? Was he really supposed to ask about her sexual experiences ON CAMERA?

IMO, neither was wrong. Peter had the right to take the next step with one or both of the other women. Madi had the right to leave. I just think accepting the F3RC (he asked her if she was sure, which he took as her being committed to trying to move forward) only to leave a few days later was crappy on her part as it didn’t give Peter & Hannah time to sort through things.

The sad thing is that Madi eventually regretted her decision to leave, but I believe for Peter it was evidence that she didn’t feel as strongly for him, which is why he wasn’t interested in rekindling things. His body language by the pool & during ATFR made that clear as did his comment that they both hurt each other deeply.

They simply weren’t meant to be & it seems like both realized how much they loved the other after they’d already made a decision that deeply hurt the other. I’m glad they’re remaining on friendly terms.

JMO

Emeralds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

+55
nikikass
provenceguy
Zaynab
frajosfanofchris
ule101