SELECT CONTENT

NFL - Discussion

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gobills - NFL - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: NFL - Discussion

Post by umngirl Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:03 am

I stand by my team no matter what. Whether they are 4-12 or winning the Super Bowl. The Packers will always be my team even now that I live over a 1000 miles away from my home state. I even stick by the Brewers and Bucks when they have royally sucked. I'm very much a loyalist to my home state and their teams.

There are very few teams I can't stand. But the Cowboys are definitely one of them and that's not because I'm jealous of their success or attention. GB gets plenty and we have more NFL Championships anyway. Hugesmile

gobills - NFL - Discussion - Page 11 87b72b10 gobills - NFL - Discussion - Page 11 86669110 gobills - NFL - Discussion - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:27 am

umngirl wrote:I stand by my team no matter what. Whether they are 4-12 or winning the Super Bowl. The Packers will always be my team even now that I live over a 1000 miles away from my home state. I even stick by the Brewers and Bucks when they have royally sucked. I'm very much a loyalist to my home state and their teams.

There are very few teams I can't stand. But the Cowboys are definitely one of them and that's not because I'm jealous of their success or attention. GB gets plenty and we have more NFL Championships anyway. Hugesmile

I love how you stand by your team to me that is a true fan.

I feel the same about the Packers just not into them never have never will.

Might need to count the Super Bowl rings......
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:29 am

whit90 wrote:
umngirl wrote:I stand by my team no matter what. Whether they are 4-12 or winning the Super Bowl. The Packers will always be my team even now that I live over a 1000 miles away from my home state. I even stick by the Brewers and Bucks when they have royally sucked. I'm very much a loyalist to my home state and their teams.

I love how you stand by your team to me that is a true fan.

I feel the same about the Packers just not into them never have never will.

Might need to count the Super Bowl rings......

I'll go with Championships overall. The league was around long before the Super Bowl came along. Smiley

gobills - NFL - Discussion - Page 11 87b72b10 gobills - NFL - Discussion - Page 11 86669110 gobills - NFL - Discussion - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:48 am

Not to be mean but my friends from Pittsburgh would say they win in the total championship contest.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:55 am

stuckinsc wrote:Not to be mean but my friends from Pittsburgh would say they win in the total championship contest.

They have the most Super Bowls, but the Packers have more NFL Championships with 13 (4 Super Bowl and 9 pre-SB championships).

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:05 am

umngirl wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Not to be mean but my friends from Pittsburgh would say they win in the total championship contest.

They have the most Super Bowls, but the Packers have more NFL Championships with 13 (4 Super Bowl and 9 pre-SB championships).

I wonder what a player would want more a Super Bowl ring or a Nfl championship ?????

Don't you just love rivalries .........
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 am

Once upon a time I was happy that the Dolphins celebrated my birth by going on to have a perfect season. But just that one ring. Hugesmile
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 am

whit90 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

I wonder what a player would want more a Super Bowl ring or a Nfl championship ?????

Well the players pre-SB never knew there would be a SB someday. They still mean that same thing, best NFL team that season (or the one playing the best at the right time if you prefer).

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:38 am

umngirl wrote:
whit90 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Well the players pre-SB never knew there would be a SB someday. They still mean that same thing, best NFL team that season (or the one playing the best at the right time if you prefer).

The Super Bowl has been around for 49 years now they do not mean the same as a NFL championship . Like I said before ask any player would they rather win a NFL championship or win the biggest honor the Super Bowl.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:30 am

I grew up in Washington state but didn't follow football even though my dad did. I moved to Canada at 14 and they have the CFL which I watched a little only because my dh did. I do have a soft spot for Doug Flutie because he played in Calgary when we lived there. We moved to TN in 98 and adopted the Vols & the Titans. 

The Titans will always be my #1 team but we lived in Denver & now the Dallas area. I like sports a lot but I do better when I don't put all my eggs in one basket. That Superbowl where the Titans were 1 yd short of tying it up still stings.  :tissuebox

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15331

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:53 am

albean99 wrote:I grew up in Washington state but didn't follow football even though my dad did. I moved to Canada at 14 and they have the CFL which I watched a little only because my dh did. I do have a soft spot for Doug Flutie because he played in Calgary when we lived there. We moved to TN in 98 and adopted the Vols & the Titans. 

The Titans will always be my #1 team but we lived in Denver & now the Dallas area. I like sports a lot but I do better when I don't put all my eggs in one basket. That Superbowl where the Titans were 1 yd short of tying it up still stings.  :tissuebox

That game was torture, albean. I was watching that one in TX.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 am

whit90 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
whit90 wrote:

The Super Bowl has been around for 49 years now they do not mean the same as a NFL championship . Like I said before ask any player would they rather win a NFL championship or win the biggest honor the Super Bowl.

And some of the best players the NFL has seen played in the pre-SB era. That time is not to be forgotten and still counts when looking at NFL Championships. The players now would say SB because that's all they know. But I can guarantee the NFL Championships mean the same to the players who earned them as the SB means to players today.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

NFL - Discussion

+37