SELECT CONTENT

NFL - Discussion

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NFL - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: NFL - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:34 am

So sad for Doug and his family. I've had a soft spot for him since he was in the Calgary Stampeders when we lived there.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 am

I have soft spot for him too since he left the NFL and joined the CFL. He is loved for what he did for the CFL. I loved him in the NFL because he was so cute. That's when I became a Patriots fan. laugh out loud Then he ended up in Buffalo which is near me and I got to hear more about him in the media. He was a hero!

I think he won the Grey Cup with Calgary, bean? I find him a very handsome guy.

Can't imagine loosing both parents like that. You hear that sometimes when an elderly person passes away, then their spouse within months, but this is within the hour.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:54 am

Prayer for the Flutie family, peace and comfort to them. Doug also played in San Diego. He's a classy guy. It's sad both of them passed away, but normally the one spouse left behind suffers tremendously. Ever since my mom got cancer, my dad got physically weak too. Now she's gone more than a year, he just has no purpose no interest in life anymore.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:52 am

I heard about this tonight and feel so bad for the Flutie family.  It was probably best for his mother to join her husband but it has to be doubly hard on Doug and his family.  Prayers go out to his family.

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:09 am

It was a pretty exciting weekend for NFL playoffs. I was happy with all but one outcome. I wanted the Patriots to go down. Can't stand the thought of them winning another Super Bowl. Blech.

The other games were pretty exciting at the end. I know it's probably not going much farther, but I was so happy that Peyton got the win. Wouldn't it be great if he won the Super Bowl and then retired on top?

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 am

Can both NFC teams play in the super bowl? I want to see a "new" team win the trophy, not same old same old Patriots or Broncos. Sorry, being a AFC West rival, I can't root for the Broncos.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:49 am

sdmom wrote:Can both NFC teams play in the super bowl? I want to see a "new" team win the trophy, not same old same old Patriots or Broncos. Sorry, being a AFC West rival, I can't root for the Broncos.

Uh, no. Smiley

I think the NFC have a good shot at winning this season. I'm hoping that Carolina goes through.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:24 am

I'm still in denial that my team lost. I hope we never have to play a overtime playoff game in Arizona.

NFL - Discussion - Page 16 87b72b10 NFL - Discussion - Page 16 86669110 NFL - Discussion - Page 16 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:28 am

Bill Wixey ‏@BillWixey 2m2 minutes ago
Buffalo Bills hire #NFL's first full-time female coach: http://q13fox.com/2016/01/20/buffalo-bills-hire-first-woman-to-full-time-coaching-position-in-nfl-history/ … #Q13FOX

BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Buffalo Bills announced Wednesday that it had named Kathryn Smith the team’s special teams quality control coach — the first female to be named to a full-time coaching position in NFL history.

The Arizona Cardinals had earlier hired a woman, Jen Welter, as an assistant coaching intern for training camp and the preseason to work with inside linebackers. But she was not named to a full-time coaching position.

“Kathryn Smith has done an outstanding job in the seven years that she has worked with our staff,” Bills head coach Rex Ryan said in a statement on the Bills website. “She certainly deserves this promotion based on her knowledge and strong commitment, just to name a couple of her outstanding qualities, and I just know she’s going to do a great job serving in the role of Quality Control-Special Teams.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:33 am

I read it that when former U. of Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr lost his 5 years old grandson to brain cancer, Peyton hand-wrote a note to the parents, expressing his condolence and even said he remembered meeting the dad and the coach on his recruiting trip. What a classy guy! I didn't know this side of him, so now, I am going to root for him to win (so he can retire from )

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:58 pm

I've always liked Peyton since we first moved to Tennessee in 1997. We root for him wherever he plays (unless he's playing our team, the Titans of course).

We were so happy that the Broncos won. Not a fan of the Patriots which made it even better. I don't mind Cam Newton or the Panthers so even though I want Peyton to win, I'm okay either way.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm loving the intro of past NFL'ers! This is great!

Good luck everyone!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down