SELECT CONTENT

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by Bloomers Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 am

LaureanT wrote:I just looked at 1st Look's facebook page and there are no positive comments there about Ali's performance on the show last night. The loyal fans of the show posted that Ali was horrible. They like Maria Sansone much better. Frankly, they are very upset! Go to facebook and search for 1st Look. I didn't watch the show so I don't know. I know that everyone will have a different opinion too.

Don't you think, though, part of that may come from disappointment that the person they just simply liked is no longer there, and they maybe unconsciously resent the replacement - any replacement? That seems a bit realistic to me, especially if others are saying Ali did well. no idea

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by LaureanT Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 am

Bloomers wrote:
LaureanT wrote:I just looked at 1st Look's facebook page and there are no positive comments there about Ali's performance on the show last night. The loyal fans of the show posted that Ali was horrible. They like Maria Sansone much better. Frankly, they are very upset! Go to facebook and search for 1st Look. I didn't watch the show so I don't know. I know that everyone will have a different opinion too.

Don't you think, though, part of that may come from disappointment that the person they just simply liked is no longer there, and they maybe unconsciously resent the replacement - any replacement? That seems a bit realistic to me, especially if others are saying Ali did well. no idea

I do agree! However, whether the loyal fans are happy or upset doesn't matter to me. I think Maria was the host for 3 years. The fans are accustomed to her being the host and they posted how they miss her. They will get over her not being the host anymore for sure! I will never see the show because it is not shown in my area.

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. heartbeat
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 am

I'm always upset with host changes on my favorite shows but get over it soon after. Usually I end up liking the new one just as much. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 am

terabithia wrote:
Amberish wrote:I'm watching right now and Ali is blowing me away ... she is that good.

(I am really shocked!)

I figured she would be much better on a pretaped show because she wouldn't be so nervous (it seemed the pressure of live TV at her Fox5 job often made her flustered), presumably they script stuff for her, and they can shoot another take if she flubs a line or says something nutty. :) Live or taped, hosting a tv show is NOT an easy job anyone can do, so good for her for pulling it off!

Might be pre-taped, but what also impressed me is there was none of that annoying baby talk voice that we hear from Ali when being interviewed..

Anyway, the show was about brunches where she visited various locales throughout the country; She interviewed, commented and helped in the kitchen. It was kind of like what DeAnna Pappas and Melissa Rycroft have tried to do, what Jillian Harris does so much better, but on her first episode, Ali nailed it phenomenally.

Although we have mostly all speculated otherwise (including me), this type of work appears to be Ali's calling. How did that happen? LOL
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Haven't seen the show yet, but if Ali really does a good job, I hope the negativity and backlash from disgruntled fans (who also may consider her to be some reality star "wannabe" and not a legitimate reporter) don't hurt her chances of succeeding in this assignment.

Regarding still getting asked in interviews about Roberto, I don't think it's a matter of her giving a detailed enough explanation to satisfy the public. But as somebody mentioned, so far, being the Bachelorette is still her biggest "claim to fame", so unless and until she makes the transition from that to legitimate reporter/correspondent/host, based on her own merits/talents/credentials, she will continue to have to field these questions. Nobody brings up Survivor when Hasselbeck is interviewed anymore, or the Bachelor when Travis Stork is, but I'm not sure how long that took to happen. Ali has a ways to go.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyinpink Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:24 pm

It will be interesting to see what the ratings are. I think it will take a few shows to see if she connects with the audience. Unfortunately, alot of people dont make it easy for the bachelornation people to cross over to jobs in the entertainment business. Some dont feel that they have earned such a prestigious job. Look at DeAnna pappas, she had a co hosting job for a wedding show on Lifetime, but she just didn't connect with the audience. The only reason Melissa and Jillian were successful was that the shows were on ABC and both show had an established viewership already. I watch the THS of Giuliana Rancic, and that woman earned her reputation and success as a tv host. She is one that definitely paid her dues. Nothing was handed to her.
prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:44 pm

I looked at Twitter last night and Ali was swamped with people telling her she knocked it out of the park, I noticed some people saying they were surprised to be watching the show and enjoying the new host.

I think a lot of the reaction might have to do with people already being fans of Ali (they want to see her succeed so they will tweet positive things at her and they're inclined to like what she does) and then on the other side there are people who don't like her (would enjoy seeing her fail, especially if they think this line of work made her relationship fail and hurt Roberto). Then there are people who liked the old host a lot (same reaction when the host changed on a local lifestyle TV show in Seattle, and I still miss the old guy) and the people who hate it when reality stars get breaks like this (same reaction when Hasselbeck got The View gig).

Of course some people can be objective and admit she's good even if they were never a fan, and the flip side is true as well. I'm not suggesting your bias is showing if you don't like the way she hosts a tv show, sometimes it just comes down to personal taste and opinion. It's impossible for every viewer of a tv show to connect with the host. A lot of people loooooove Rachel Ray and Paula Deen, some can't change the channel fast enough when their shows come on.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Did they delete a bunch of comments? I see five people saying they want the old host back and the comments go back 15 hours. I expected an overwhelming backlash.

https://www.facebook.com/LXTV1stLook

One person posted multiple times about how upset they are, s/he seems like a stalker type and is freaking out that their crush is no longer on tv.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:10 pm

View more videos at: http://nbcnewyork.com.

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaureanT Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:22 pm

terabithia wrote:

Did they delete a bunch of comments? I see five people saying they want the old host back and the comments go back 15 hours. I expected an overwhelming backlash.

https://www.facebook.com/LXTV1stLook

One person posted multiple times about how upset they are, s/he seems like a stalker type and is freaking out that their crush is no longer on tv.

I just went over on 1st Look page and looked and YES some comments were deleted since early this morning. There were some comments that included profanity which were deleted.

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. heartbeat
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Why does Ali talk as if she's holding her breath -- she talks under her breath -- if she could talk normally she would be that much less annoying to listen to. The funny part is she started that talk sometime after she finished the Bette show cos she was *great* on that show at speaking very clearly etc. She also talks in this tone that's always "on" and chirpy like she's constantly promoting something... wish she could be more natural like she was on the bette show...i think it could go a long way for her...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

+128
kikora
aviej
Ash2214
BachfanNY
Duke702