SELECT CONTENT

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

Page 37 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion - Page 37 Empty Re: Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:51 pm

atem wrote:I LOVED the episode! So cool that it was in MA.

Loved the xylophone they put in! Really cool.

I loved that too, Atem. I think this was my favorite yard they've done other than maybe their own.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion - Page 37 Empty Re: Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

Post by atem Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Darn it! I missed today's episode. I hate how early they come on here! I am not getting up at 7:00 AM. I sure wish they would show it online!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 am

It was a good one, Atem. I loved the outside dining room plus we got to see Chris & Peyton's kitchen. Too bad they don't show repeats.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:45 pm

atem wrote:Darn it! I missed today's episode. I hate how early they come on here! I am not getting up at 7:00 AM. I sure wish they would show it online!

Do you have a DVR?? I have it on permanent record for all new episodes...otherwise I would never have known either!

I'm not sure that you missed much. If the viewers were not Bachelor(ette) fans, there would be little reason to watch. Neither of them are easy and comfortable in front of the camera, and I don't feel as if we LEARN anything on their episodes. I feel as if we see a mess of a yard and then, with lots of help from his buddies, the yard is transformed. I want to know WHY he did it that way, WHERE to purchase such materials, HOW to do it myself in my own yard, etc. Sure, I loved Chris on his season, but on HGTV he seems mediocre at best. He and Peyton both need some specific training -- do they have any??

I adore Cape Cod, so I will continue to watch for that sake. We summered in Dennis when I was a kid and seeing him on Corporation Beach is fun. Just not sure that I buy what he is offering. If I am going to pay thousands and thousands for someone to transform MY backyard, I'll choose someone who has been sufficiently trained to design.

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Tammi wrote:
atem wrote:Darn it! I missed today's episode. I hate how early they come on here! I am not getting up at 7:00 AM. I sure wish they would show it online!

Do you have a DVR?? I have it on permanent record for all new episodes...otherwise I would never have known either!

I'm not sure that you missed much. If the viewers were not Bachelor(ette) fans, there would be little reason to watch. Neither of them are easy and comfortable in front of the camera, and I don't feel as if we LEARN anything on their episodes. I feel as if we see a mess of a yard and then, with lots of help from his buddies, the yard is transformed. I want to know WHY he did it that way, WHERE to purchase such materials, HOW to do it myself in my own yard, etc. Sure, I loved Chris on his season, but on HGTV he seems mediocre at best. He and Peyton both need some specific training -- do they have any??

I adore Cape Cod, so I will continue to watch for that sake. We summered in Dennis when I was a kid and seeing him on Corporation Beach is fun. Just not sure that I buy what he is offering. If I am going to pay thousands and thousands for someone to transform MY backyard, I'll choose someone who has been sufficiently trained to design.

Funny,Tammi, I was thinking the same thing when I watched (off my DVR) yesterday. I do not think Peyton and Chris come off as natural in front of the camera and I especially cringe each time they are in the truck driving to the location for the first time and are talking about the job. It's just so stilted.

I think the reason you don't hear from Chris about why he designed things the way he did is because it doesn't actually do the design. When we were in the running for the show last May/June/July, I got the sense that it was a group of folks back in California who were doing the design and deciding which houses would work for them. To me, much of what they have done in Cape Cod is not much in keeping with the architecture and design of the Cape so that makes sense to me. And knowing how few design/home decor stores there are on the Cape, my guess is that they also design all of the placesettings, seating, etc. that Peyton supposedly pulls off. That pile of stuff they looked at in their kitchen I'm guessing came out of a box from different design websites and was orchestrated by the folks in California.

I really really like Peyton and Chris, so I am glad they have their show and can make some money off the Bach/ette experiences. But I think the show won't last past this season and he'll be glad he is now working for MiracleGrow.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion - Page 37 1534679567Great Read!

Peyton Wright

I started a blog.....

www.thelifeofpey.blogspot.com
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat May 04, 2013 11:06 pm

I missed the show again. I just can't get up that early on a weekend.

Thanks for posting her blog. It is a great read! bestbud!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Now to see if I can make myself get up early tomorrow! Ugh!

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat May 18, 2013 10:05 am

I got up early enough, but still missed it. hmmm

I have to see if she updated her blog.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat May 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Yay! Both my favs! Last year's Design star and Chris!

LOVED that back yard!

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 am

For those who missed it Chris & Peyton were on the last hour of the Today show last week and here's link to a video: http://www.today.com/video/today/51917017#51917017

I'm hopeful that their show will stick around because Chris especially is getting more and more press. I was reading an article in the Shop Smart magazine and they quoted Chris about outdoor lighting and decor. I noticed that on Going Yard he's getting more and more comfortable and think the show has improved from their 1st season.

Unfortunately I missed the 1 hr special with Danielle from Design Star. http://www.hgtvgardens.com/decorating/hgtvgardens-and-hgtv-yard-takeover-deliver-the-outdoor-design-goods?soc=traffic_20130518_8092954

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by melisma Mon May 20, 2013 10:36 am

The special this past weekend was definitely an improvement of his Going Yard shows. Danielle was a fine cohort for him, although her part in the project was minimal. Chris and his brothers appeared to be much more capable in this endeavor. I was proud of all of them. I trust that he will move Going Yard off into other portions of the country. Less relaxed styles suit him, and there are more creative options and tastes. I crave the Cape in real life, but on a decorating/landscaping show the possibilities are restrictive. I won't be surprised if Chris and Danielle team up on more projects. They have a nice chemistry and she is talented!!

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

+100
Idlemess
Enchantress
Stacia620
Judiful
leselihau