SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 24 of 81 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by albean99 Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:15 am

We had tornado sirens go off 3 times but the worst was south and east of us. Scary evening.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15358

Back to top Go down

Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Norcalgal Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Whit, that is too close for any comfort. Scary is right. Hope all your family and friends are safe.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5328

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Whit, bean and all are Texas ladies, so happy you are all okay.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:48 pm

A little article from the New York times on my neck of the woods. yes

Mark E Mark ‏@MunroeOnAir 29m29 minutes ago
@nytimes givin some love to #NiagaraWines. Exploring Canada’s Fertile Niagara Wine Region http://nyti.ms/1Ykij3G
Exploring Canada’s Fertile Niagara Wine Region

JORDAN, Ontario — Wine country on the Niagara Peninsula of Ontario, Canada, may sound a little incongruous. But the area about a half-hour west of Buffalo is home to a wine region of depth, diversity and distinction.

And as delicious as the local ice wine may be, it alone does not tell the story of the region, any more than Sauternes defines Bordeaux. Finally, dry table wines are coming from a country better known for polar bears than for pinot noirs.

“People are very surprised when they find out you can grow grapes here,” said Paul Pender, the winemaker for Tawse Winery, pouring samples of chardonnay, pinot noir, cabernet franc and even syrah on a bright day in the fall.

Tawse is one of nearly 100 wineries dotting the region, a fertile swath that separates Lake Ontario from Lake Erie and runs roughly from the Canadian border at the Niagara River and Niagara Falls to Hamilton, Ontario, just south of Toronto.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:05 am

San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition is this week in Sonoma County and over 7000 wines have been submitted for judging. My middle son is volunteering and one of the tasters on the panel he is responsible for is from upper NY state. The wines come from all over - it's been a good challenge for him to taste wines other than from Napa or Sonoma. Understandably, he prefers those from close to home!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:06 am

El Nino storms are hitting our area. We are expecting 5 storms in 7 days.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:46 am

Sounds like a wonderful event! I don't drink, but if I have to buy wine it's always local wine. I wonder if any entries are from my area.

Stay safe during those storms. Sounds nasty!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:47 am

This isn't happening around me, but I keep seeing warnings about this storm. Stay safe to those who are in the middle of it.

Anthony Farnell ‏@AnthonyFarnell 7m7 minutes ago
This system will have it all. Tornadoes, coastal flooding, inland freezing rain & a blizzard dropping 2ft+ in spots.
Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 CZQEuOIWEAA6Vm4

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks GA!  

We are in the "freezing rain" line in my area as we are between the mountain ridge and seacoast.  Gov. McCrory has already declared state of emergency ahead of the storm.  Some airlines are already canceling flights in/out of RDU.

Right now it is bright in sunny - the calm before the storm.  

Stay warm and safe everyone.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:05 pm

We're not in that but had hail this morning. That's the closest thing to snow we've had. Stay safe if you're in line for that storm.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15358

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Thanks for the update MD. I have had my share of storms, not fun. Freezing rain is just as bad. When there are warnings like that, it's best to just stay home. Too often people venture out because they have to get to work. Those are the ones stuck on highways when the storm rolls in, it's awful. Stay safe everyone, and tell your boss, see ya when the roads are clear. Smiley It's not worth it.

Good Morning America ‏@GMA · 5m5 minutes ago
Need a shovel in Washington D.C. before the storm?Good. Luck. (via @erindooley)
Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 CZQ7kXeWIAAark5

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Stay safe everyone!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 1f49c

Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 8367-910 Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 I_got_13 Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 E5kqdm15 Farindola - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 24 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 81 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny