SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 48 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EdisonBeachHouse - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:58 pm

I hope those that are affected by the winter storm in the Northeast are safe. It looks nasty.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

EdisonBeachHouse - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:03 pm

It's ok. We got a bunch of snow about 10 inches. Fairly gusty winds today, so the snow was stinging. However, plows have been up and down my small street and I bet life will pretty much be back to normal tomorrow. The sun has been out the last hour or so. This weekend it will be 40's.
I took a cozy home day. Safe, sound and snug.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:13 pm

15 inches here today and more on the way tomorrow night. Old Man Winter is making up for Dec and January's relative lack of snow.  EdisonBeachHouse - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 48 26c4
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:22 pm

We are lucky, the northeast storm skirted around us according to the weather details. We will get a few centimeters tomorrow but nothing major.

Stay warm, stay safe out there! EdisonBeachHouse - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 48 1f5fd  EdisonBeachHouse - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 48 1f506

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:16 am

This is the cemetery where most of my family in St Louis is buried.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/up-to-headstones-damaged-at-jewish-cemetery-director-says/article_bafef56a-6ef2-5f90-a327-0ba7fa11e50b.html

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/video/viral/jewish-cemetery-vandalized-in-missouri/vp-AAnaQ92

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:41 am

@Kashathediva So sorry for you and your family and all the families affected by this, Kasha. That's horrible. I donated what I could. sad
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19231

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:44 am

I cannot imagine what you're going through @Kashathediva. Something similar happened in my area several years ago, not nearly to that extent. Going to check up on my family made me sick to my stomach not knowing what I would find, then have to tell my mother because she didn't want to see it in case my Dad's headstone was damaged. Luckily of all my relatives, grandmother, uncles, aunts, there was only one uncle's headstone that was damaged. The cemetery repaired it.

I walked through that whole cemetery praying for all the ones that were damaged. Heartbreaking not only to see the damage but that we live among people who would actually commit such a disgusting act.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:49 am

I think/hope my own family has not been directly effected. From what I recall my family was more in the center of the cemetery. Both sets of grandparents, great grandparents(that came over from Europe), great unlces/aunts, an uncle, cousin, my parents and a brother are buried here.
I did not realize one of those links was asking for donations and feel bad. Please ignore and do not feel obliged. I'm sorry for that.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 am

@Kashathediva No don't feel bad. I wanted to.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19231

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:53 am

I didn't realize there was a link asking for donations either, but I'll be sure to be donating something. When it comes to the deceased I feel very intune with them and they will always have my support.

I'm the one who walks around with a watering can at the cemetery watering flowers of people I don't know. I take my two fur babies, we spend over an hour walking, talking, watering, cleaning flower beds. It's one of my most peaceful rewarding places for me to visit.

May they all rest in peace, and bless at all those helping.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 am

I am so sorry Kasha for your family and others. Sometimes I just don't understand people.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:10 am

I'm sorry Kasha - I just don't understand the hate we are seeing in the world today.And bless you GA for your service to all the deceased! You two are remarkable women.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny