SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 7 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 44 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Admin Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Kashathediva wrote:For all who celebrate:
Happy and healthy Thanksgiving!! God bless! :thismuch: 
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Kasha!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:24 am

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate!! Have a joyous holiday!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Happy and Healthy holidays to you too, Kasha! Hope to snark with you in the new season...

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate!! Have a  joyous holiday!
Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy 2014 for all!!

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10788

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:39 pm

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 7 842d3390309c3b2a7d9bb8b21e693346

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:50 pm

chloep wrote:What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 7 842d3390309c3b2a7d9bb8b21e693346

Wow! That's your home? I wanna move in with you!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Me too!  lol  Happy New Year and blessings in 2014 to everyone here!
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Happy New Year everyone, I miss you all (well most of you  :gotcha: )
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam4UGA Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:06 pm

In November 2013 I was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast Cancer, (DCIS grade1 in three spots, with one of them being infiltrating Grade 1-2).  

My Breast surgeon recommended a full mastectomy of the left breast, and said I need to decide if I want to do both.  She said they would have to do so surgery on the right breast to make them symmetrical, so I decided to have a Double (or bi-lateral) mastectomy.  I did not need radiation, so we began the reconstruction process at the same time as the mastectomy.  

The surgery was December 18.  The reconstruction is Latissismus Dorsi Flap with Tissue expanders.  We have been expanding them since January and I am finally where I need to be size wise.  I should be having the tissue expanders removed and replaced with implants sometime in April.

The path on the tissue came back negative except for what we initially found, so I did not have to have Chemo.  I am taking anti Estrogen meds as my cancer was Er, Pr positive and Negative for Her2 protein.

The recovery has been very hard, but Tuesday will be 90 days post surgery and I almost feel back to "normal".

I am telling you all this to make sure you go get your mammograms!  This was my first at age 45 because I was anxious about the pain of the mammogram.  Believe me, the surgery has been way worse!

Last edited by Iam4UGA on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 pm

bowdown clapping! Praying sign heart 

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm so sorry you've had to experience this, but commend you for telling your story for awareness. It's a reminder that we all need to get those mammo's and other screening/preventative care. Happy to hear you're on the road to recovery, and wish you all the best going forward.

Just to add, it sometimes makes me think that we all sit here posting about a silly show, but most never really know what someone else is or has gone through in their lives. We all have things we've struggled with or dealt with, and it just amazes me sometimes the negative things people say on social media and message boards. Just a lesson that life is short and it doesn't cost anything to be kind to one another. Sorry if I sound preachy to anyone reading, it's not meant to be.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Iam4UGA wrote:In November 2013 I was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast Cancer, (DCIS grade1 in three spots, with one of them being infiltrating Grade 1-2).  

My Breast surgeon recommended a full mastectomy of the left breast, and said I need to decide if I want to do both.  She said they would have to do so surgery on the right breast to make them symmetrical, so I decided to have a Double (or bi-lateral) mastectomy.  I did not need radiation, so we began the reconstruction process at the same time as the mastectomy.  

The surgery was December 18.  The reconstruction is Latissismus Dorsi Flap with Tissue expanders.  We have been expanding them since January and I am finally where I need to be size wise.  I should be having the tissue expanders removed and replaced with implants sometime in April.

The path on the tissue came back negative except for what we initially found, so I did not have to have Chemo.  I am taking anti Estrogen meds as my cancer was Er, Pr positive and Negative for Her2 protein.

The recovery has been very hard, but Tuesday will be 90 days post surgery and I almost feel back to "normal".

I am telling you all this to make sure you go get your mammograms!  This was my first at age 45 because I was anxious about the pain of the mammogram.  Believe me, the surgery has been way worse!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! You are very brave! It's so good to hear that you almost feel back to normal! I hope the rest of the path to recovery continues to be good for you!  bestbud! 

Your story also reminds me of how much more there is to life (and bigger and more important things) than this show!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 44 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny