SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Orlando - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Wishing all our members and guests and very happy and healthy 2018. May all our dreams come true! source
Orlando - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 65 Happy-New-Year-Sayings-2

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Orlando - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:23 am

To our members, guests and moderators, thank you for a year filled with comradery, all your contributions to our forum, and for any help you may have provided big or small. It's very much appreciated. Wishing you all good health, and a happy prosperous 2018!

Orlando - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 65 Happy-new-year-2018-istock_650x400_61514715109

Source

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:40 pm

I live in a small town of 9000 people. We are in the middle of a frigid spell of weather that started on Christmas Eve.

On NYE around 11:30 p.m., our fire department was called out to a house fire. All occupants did evacuate safely however, the fire department had to call for mutual aid from 2 other fire departments in the county. Both of those are volunteer departments as they are very small towns, actually both are called villages. Utilities had to be turned off as well. The fire department had to go back on NYD for a report of flames again. Taken care of quickly.

Less than 24 hours after the NYE fire (about 9 p.m.), the fire department was called out to another house fire. Again all occupants evacuated safely and again, mutual aid had to be called from the same 2 fire departments. Utilities needed to be shut off. The temp during this one was below zero and crews had to rotate out of fighting the fire because of it. They had to deal with icing while trying to fight the fire. They were on scene of this fire until after 2 a.m.

Please keep these families in your prayers as both of them lost pretty much everything and it appears that both homes have major damage. No official word but both are suspected to be heating related.

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:01 pm

cold and more cold

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:18 pm

havadrpepper wrote:I live in a small town of 9000 people. We are in the middle of a frigid spell of weather that started on Christmas Eve.  

On NYE around 11:30 p.m., our fire department was called out to a house fire.  All occupants did evacuate safely however, the fire department had to call for mutual aid from 2 other fire departments in the county. Both of those are volunteer departments as they are very small towns, actually both are called villages.  Utilities had to be turned off as well.  The fire department had to go back on NYD for a report of flames again.  Taken care of quickly.

Less than 24 hours after the NYE fire (about 9 p.m.), the fire department was called out to another house fire.  Again all occupants evacuated safely and again, mutual aid had to be called from the same 2 fire departments.  Utilities needed to be shut off.  The temp during this one was below zero and crews had to rotate out of fighting the fire because of it.  They had to deal with icing while trying to fight the fire.  They were on scene of this fire until after 2 a.m.

Please keep these families in your prayers as both of them lost pretty much everything and it appears that both homes have major damage.  No official word but both are suspected to be heating related.

What a horrible way to start the New Year, but at least everyone was safe. group hug

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm

@havadrpepper We have had a couple of fires in my area as well. Luckily everyone is safe. I commend the FF working in -10 and -20 C (14 and Below F) temp's. Prayers to all who are affected by fires. The images are impossible to figure out when everything turns into ice in minutes.

I can't imagine.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:32 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@havadrpepper We have had a couple of fires in my area as well. Luckily everyone is safe. I commend the FF working in -10 and -20 C (14 and Below F) temp's. Prayers to all who are affected by fires. The images are impossible to figure out when everything turns into ice in minutes.

I can't imagine.

I don't remember the last time there was a house fire where they lost everything and we had the 2 in 2 days. I joined a FB page for my county that puts updates on scanner traffic (fires, squad runs, car chases, traffic accidents, etc). Yesterday the fire department was called out 3 more times but none were house fires. Tonight they were called out for a dumpster fire at the local Waffle House. I had an uncle that was a firefighter for quite a few years and his son was on the auxiliary for many years as well. I also dated a firefighter at one time so I have a soft spot for the men who do this for a living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:06 am

Being involved in a fire is a frightening experience. 
I was in a fire about 10 yrs ago at work on Christmas Day. I worked in a 180 bed rehab/geriatric health care center. Everyone got out safely, but getting everyone from the unit involved off that unit with their health records was not easy with the smoke, etc. I remember having respiratory issues for about 2 weeks after. 
It's a very scary thing. This was an arson, too.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:16 am

@Kashathediva scary!

I follow several fire departments on twitter. I have so much respect for those guys and gals. Especially the volunteers. Maybe that's the same as auxiliary?

@havadrpepper thanks for the f/b info. I'll have to see if there's such a thing for my area.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@Kashathediva scary!

I follow several fire departments on twitter. I have so much respect for those guys and gals. Especially the volunteers. Maybe that's the same as auxiliary?

@havadrpepper thanks for the f/b info. I'll have to see if there's such a thing for my area.

In our area an auxiliary is a volunteer department that is associated with a paid city department.  One of their main duties is to cover the station while the on duty staff is on a run unless it is a larger fire.  Unfortunately, our auxiliary department is down to 2 members.  At one time there were over 20.  My cousin did not necessarily want to be a fireman full time but he still wanted to be involved in some way.  The auxiliary filled this spot in his life.  He still held his full time job and could do this as well.  Our department only has 4 or 5 people on duty at a time.  Our ambulance service in town used to be a volunteer service but is now incorporated in the fire department so some individuals do double duty as firefighters/EMT/paramedic.  We now also have to have mutual aid for ambulance service as well.  The same day they had 3 fire runs, there were also 3 ambulance runs and I saw an ambulance from another town while I was out running errands.

@Kashathediva, I can't imagine being in a fire and hope that I never am.  I would imagine it was really scary knowing that you were responsible for other lives of those who couldn't help themselves at that time.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Checking my Twitter timeline. I see this.

Followed directly underneath by this.

Orlando - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 65 1f602

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Every morning I go to the local coffee shop to pick up my XL black and a cranberry carrot muffin. This morning there was an elderly gentleman in front of me paying for his coffee. He turned around and said "Good Morning" I said "Good morning, how are ya?" He said "great, I'd be better knowing what you're having." The clerk, who always gets my coffee and muffin ready when she see's me pull up, said "she's having this" The man said, laughing, "I like to spend my wife's money, it's on me!" I said "oh no you don't have to do that!" He said "why not".
I said, "I don't know" laugh out loud How sweet!

I had a $5.00 coffee muffin and tip is $4.25. There was a guy behind me, maybe in his 30's, with the sweetest little girl. He was asking her if she wanted pancakes again. I said "that man just paid for me, so use this $5 to pay for your little girl's breakfast"

Everyone was happy! What a great way to start the day!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny